I would like to inform you that at: https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/issues/360 I have just posted the following information: The network.http.keep-alive.timeout preference specifies how long a file will be locked on the local disk ( that Mypal68 locks files on the local drive for the time specified in the network.http.keep-alive.timeout preference when adding these files as email attachments).

Edited by egrabrych

• 4 weeks later...

Hi feodor. Beginning testing. It does seem to load faster. I also notice that the update addons function works out of the box now, so no need to replace omni.ja at root, as in the previous version. Will report back later. Thanks!

Hi feodor, I've been using 68.13.9 today and see no issues whatsoever (no white boxes) - thank you very much for your hard work - we appreciate you.

Edited by XPerceniol

@feodor2, In MyPal 68.13.9b, exiting from full-screen does not work properly after the full screen is performed for an HTML5 video (such as on www.youtube.com ).  The browser toolbars that should display after exiting full-screen do not display.  The full-screen exiting of HTML5 video used to work correctly on MyPal 68.13.7b.  I am using Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 and a very large number of further updates.

Edited by Ascii2

Hi again. I find this new version an improvement. I mostly use mypal for social media stuff now, and it seems to be faster on MS, GM, FB, YH, LI, WU. I still can't login into webskype, but I know it's possible with less restrictive settings than mine.

Interestingly, reddit loads now much much faster, I don't know if because changes in mypal or reddit. My settings have remained constant.

On 2/18/2024 at 8:53 AM, Ascii2 said:

exiting from full-screen does not work properly

Yes, this is a new bug, sure this is to be fixed

14 hours ago, dmiranda said:

Interestingly, reddit loads now much much faster, I don't know if because changes in mypal or reddit

I have found and appllied several things to make browser faster, as i usually do examine newer firefox code.

5 hours ago, feodor2 said:

Its strange because this new bug doesn't happen to me and I've tried to make it happen. When I look at youtube, I go to full screen and the after moving the mouse all the buttons go away (of course) and then when I hit escape key to go back to normal all the buttons are back; so what am I not getting?

Again, thank you @feodor2 for your hard work and dedication. Your browser plays youtube flawlessly now!

PS: I would appreciate if you can answer me when you have time - I understand English isn't your first language and I can understand you fine :)

Edited by XPerceniol

12 hours ago, feodor2 said:

@feodor2, I also would mention that after the full screen is performed for an HTML5 video and while in the resulting full-screen presentation, using the ["Exit Full Screen (Esc)"] button of the "[site name] is now full screen ['Exit Full Screen (Esc)' button]" prompt will crash the browser.  The crash happens without presentation of a crash report dialog box.

Browser:  Mypal 68.13.9b
Operating system Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3

• 3 weeks later...

@feodor2 Did you observe sudden crashes in Mypal 68.13.9b when surfing on Codeberg.org? :dubbio: Unfortunately, I had to determine sudden crashes without any messages that occur completely randomly when clicking onto links on Codeberg's pages. However, only in single-process mode. All preference settings for single-process mode are set to the default values in my installation. In multiprocess mode, on the other hand, I could not observe such crashes. :) Any ideas? :dubbio:

Edited by AstroSkipper

If you can reproduce the crash with drwatson enabled, then you could give the 'drwtsn32.log' file that can help resolve the issue.

On 3/7/2024 at 3:36 PM, AstroSkipper said:

crashes in Mypal 68.13.9b when surfing on Codeberg.org

Yes i reproduce the crash, while you may help by checking previous versions.

59 minutes ago, feodor2 said:

Yes i reproduce the crash, while you may help by checking previous versions.

What I can say in any case is that Mypal 68.13.7b is also affected by this issue. And after a short test, Mypal 68.13.3b is affected by these sporadic crashes, too. All in single-process mode. In multiprocess mode, on the other hand, Mypal 68.13.7b doesn't seem to crash on Codeberg.org, i.e. just as in Mypal 68.13.9b.

Greetings, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.cloudflare.com/ssl/encrypted-sni/

Hi everyone!

2 Questions here regarding "Secure DNS" and "Secure SNI (hello)"

1. Is there a setting I'm missing because even though I am using CF (1.1.1.1) I can't any longer get a secure connection on Mypal68 which means anybody listening on the wire can see the DNS queries I made - I could have sworn that at one time a while (perhaps 3b as I'm now using 9b) back then I was getting a secure connection to 1.1.1.1 but not now, as you can see. Please also see pictures on the next posting regarding Secure DNS.

spacer.png

Regarding SECURE SNI (hello) which means anybody listening on the wire can tell which sites I made a tls connection to. @grey_rat ... do you by any chance know what I'm asking or @feodor2?

I Have that only hello pref set false (default). (security.tls.hello_downgrade_check;false)

network.dns.echconfig.enabled
network.dns.http3_echconfig.enabled
network.dns.echconfig.fallback_to_origin_when_all_failed
security.tls.ech.grease_probability
security.tls.ech.grease_size
security.tls.ech.grease_http3
security.tls.ech.disable_grease_on_fallback
network.dns.force_waiting_https_rr

These are not available. Should I add manually?

spacer.png

Thanks for any advice.

Sal

PS: Sorry about the multiple edits ... I'm struggling pretty badly today, so I'm sorry if I make little sense. I know I goofed up my postings a little. Again, sorry.

Edited by XPerceniol

2. These are my only settings for DNS that I use on mypal68.

I mean to put this under the last posting - I use 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 on my router and in the XP connection network settings. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by XPerceniol