49 minutes ago, feodor2 said:

This Custom Buttons if natively unsigned it may rely on the hack directly, i can try fix, while you give the link to it.

At the moment, I can't find the original link to the most recent version of Custom Buttons which I am currently using. Therefore, I'll upload it and send you the download link via PM.

@seven4ever

Hi, the Japanese Update package for to keep the Media Center Edition in XP SP2 bit32 alive, has this name

windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-jpn_e0fc34cfa52d270b3c79a68af8fa358244f7419e.exe

I think, that it is the normal update package kb936929 , which works also for the Media Center Edition

from XP SP2 ===> XP SP3 (all bit32)

Dietmar

I have taken that adddon @AstroSkipper but don't know how to use it, absolutely its not obvious  what is to be put on "code" and "initilization code"

And i looked your topic about custom buttons, took Toggle GIF Animation but also dont get how to install it.

Okey i get,  installed Toggle CSP - A custom button - works good.

nevertheless here the patch

diff --git a/config.js b/config.js
index 9f0c6a8..46d9ae5 100644
--- a/config.js
+++ b/config.js
@@ -57,9 +57,7 @@ try {(code => {
         ))
             return getState(null);
     }
-    var getRoot = () =>
-        !AppConstants.MOZ_REQUIRE_SIGNING && Services.prefs.getBoolPref(PREF_XPI_SIGNATURES_DEV_ROOT, false)
-            ? Ci.nsIX509CertDB.AddonsStageRoot : Ci.nsIX509CertDB.AddonsPublicRoot;
+    var getRoot = () => Ci.nsIX509CertDB.AddonsPublicRoot;

if (vzss) {
         var getURI = file => {

Edited by feodor2

1 hour ago, Dietmar said:

@seven4ever

Hi, the Japanese Update package for to keep the Media Center Edition in XP SP2 bit32 alive, has this name

windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-jpn_e0fc34cfa52d270b3c79a68af8fa358244f7419e.exe

I think, that it is the normal update package kb936929 , which works also for the Media Center Edition

from XP SP2 ===> XP SP3 (all bit32)

Dietmar

That worked for my Mediacenter Edition, was French edition and updated with standard French service pack 3 iso.

Mypal 68 is working for boths Xp 32 bits now.

Still have problem with 64 bit's Mypal 68 release on Xp 64 with  "Couldn't load XPCOM" message at start.

Ahh , hope we can change language setting soon ?

4 hours ago, feodor2 said:

Glad you like it! Toggle CSP is one of my self-created custom buttons.

4 hours ago, feodor2 said:

--- a/config.js
+++ b/config.js
         ))
             return getState(null);
     }
-    var getRoot = () =>
-        !AppConstants.MOZ_REQUIRE_SIGNING && Services.prefs.getBoolPref(PREF_XPI_SIGNATURES_DEV_ROOT, false)
-            ? Ci.nsIX509CertDB.AddonsStageRoot : Ci.nsIX509CertDB.AddonsPublicRoot;

if (vzss) {
         var getURI = file => {

Thanks for your patch! How do I have to apply it? I am not a Git user and not familiar with it. As far as I can see, it is a diff code. - means code to be removed and + means code to be added. Right? I assume it is targeting the modified config.js file where the original code was usually injected by the user, right? :dubbio: What is the final effect of this code change? Don't forget I am just a hobby coder! smilie-denk-24.gif My strenghts are batch programming, CSS, a bit JavasScript and modifying/recycling existing code only if I understand the code and its problem. All is done locally on my computer.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

4 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:
6 hours ago, feodor2 said:

Glad you like it! Toggle CSP is one of my self-created custom buttons.

6 hours ago, feodor2 said:

--- a/config.js
+++ b/config.js
         ))
             return getState(null);
     }
-    var getRoot = () =>

if (vzss) {
         var getURI = file => {

Thanks for your patch! How do I have to apply it? I am not a Git user and not familiar with it. As far as I can see, it is a diff code. - means code to be removed and + means code to be added. Right? I assume it is targeting the modified config.js file where the original code was usually injected by the user, right? :dubbio: What is the final effect of this code change? Don't forget I am just a hobby coder! smilie-denk-24.gif My strenghts are batch programming, CSS, a bit JavasScript and modifying/recycling existing code only if I understand the code and its problem. All is done locally on my computer.

@feodor2 Ok! I tried myself. I removed the code marked with - and added the code marked with +, both simply manually. Works great! The Custom Buttons extension seems to be fully functional, and extensions which couldn't be installed before due to the message "Installation aborted because the add-on appears to be corrupt" can now be installed without any warnings. Is that what the code change is supposed to achieve? :dubbio:In any case, I will test this new code more deeply the next days, but first of all, a big thanks! :thumbup

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

1 hour ago, genieautravail said:

@feodor2

Just to confirm to you that the issue with the BSOD is resolved with Mypal 68.13.7b and default settings on all my computers. :P

Regards

Is it just me or have the search engines changed with this build? I do search from the address bar and Mypal is my default browser now.

Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Is it just me or have the search engines changed with this build? I do search from the address bar and Mypal is my default browser now.

Thanks in advance.

That's back in October 6:

https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/commit/25620e4f4df3ea23218af718a905a2fd8972822d

And 3 weeks ago:

https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/commit/ffd7ef17665ef5efcedfbda710b42adf92510f0b

Edited by mina7601

So many websites currently work properly on Mypal68 that it would be difficult to list them all here. I am really, really grateful to you, Feodor!

But what's probably more interesting is what still DOESN'T work in Mypal68. Well, on the website of the Polish information and discussion website "Salon24.pl" there is no discussion forum (for a very, very long time) - an example is the article at: https://www.salon24.pl/newsroom/1340192,starship-wystartowal-misja-zakonczona-niepowodzeniem , in which the discussion forum should appear (but does not) after the word: "Komentarze".

I don't have enough knowledge to be able to determine the reason for this; perhaps the JavaScript version is still too low for this, or perhaps the fault lies elsewhere (the problem certainly does not depend on the Mypal68 version - that's why I'm reporting it here and not on GitHub).