38 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

Simple fix:  Switch AzureCanvasBackend and AzureContentBAckend to 'cairo' to disable OMTP.

Yes, or layers.omtp.enabled false, but this affects some things too, look the one good example

image.png.f6f4c3e87fee4e622168ce5fb66d78b6.png

5 minutes ago, feodor2 said:

Yes, or layers.omtp.enabled false, but this affects some things too, look the one good example

image.png.f6f4c3e87fee4e622168ce5fb66d78b6.png

Everything looks fine for me.  Try force-enabling D3D9 compositing.  You will lose WebGL2 but WebGL works.  Who needs WebGL2.  No one, that's who.  You did it this time!  It's stable!  No more Basilisk or 360Chrome!!!  I can finally come back to modern Firefox on XP!

feodor.thumb.png.ebdc5a40be5cb69494349449ed27cb87.png

On 10/20/2023 at 1:48 AM, genieautravail said:

@feodor2

I have tried your special edition for testing omtp.

After BSOD, all log files are empty (0 bytes).

Regards

after i got bsod, i check it like with ! all in notepad, and it's emptyimage.thumb.png.d0747ec986c0621fe4326d4a83b47d1a.png

On 10/22/2023 at 1:30 PM, mockingbird said:

Everything looks fine for me.  Try force-enabling D3D9 compositing.  You will lose WebGL2 but WebGL works.  Who needs WebGL2.  No one, that's who.  You did it this time!  It's stable!  No more Basilisk or 360Chrome!!!  I can finally come back to modern Firefox on XP!

feodor.thumb.png.ebdc5a40be5cb69494349449ed27cb87.png

sorry to say this, but is still bsod after closed before i apply your steps about it, after that is start to glitch even with d3d9 enable, this is examble, it still glitch even it's not supposed to happen after that (note: i censored pfp btw) note now: it crashed after open tab image.png.c63051406d34a217d87bd84cb9fbcfee.png
image.png.36e5a33fa907e70ae9b7e709c5c17b2d.png

Edited by MWF

genieautravail, how much memory do you have in the computer?

If you change these options, will BSOD be the same?

layers.async-pan-zoom.enabled - false

dom.ipc.processCount - 1

browser.tabs.unloadOnLowMemory - true

Try to change the value in the registry

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

PagedPoolSize - FFFFFFFF

https://forum.drweb.com/index.php?showtopic=286830&&p=386885&&page=5#entry386885

16 hours ago, MWF said:

sorry to say this, but is still bsod after closed before i apply your steps about it, after that is start to glitch even with d3d9 enable, this is examble, it still glitch even it's not supposed to happen after that (note: i censored pfp btw) note now: it crashed after open tab image.png.c63051406d34a217d87bd84cb9fbcfee.png

Post your about:support.  It could be your GPU drivers.  I get the occasional crash, but it is very rare.  That's not a BSOD, that's just a crash.

25 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

Post your about:support.  It could be your GPU drivers.  I get the occasional crash, but it is very rare.  That's not a BSOD, that's just a crash.

it's not gpu problem i test it other browsers like chromium based it seems to work fine, even other browsers, i have intel hd graphics 3000, the last version on it is from hp and intel website for windows xp is 2013, but what's your gpu and specs that is working fine for you?

Edited by MWF

Let summing-up for today

BSOD may be happen not only upon shutdown, layers.omtp.enabled affects both cases.

@MWF picture of the notepad is useless, pictures of the crash also useless at all, only drwastson log will be useful.

I asked put all files list, not picture but text

Next you delete these files, set two webgl things and open about:support - these actions certainly cause crash upon shutdown, but i want to know it is only crash or bsod also.

And will be the filelist the same or not, that's why delete files and look what second time.

12 hours ago, MWF said:

it's not gpu problem i test it other browsers like chromium based it seems to work fine, even other browsers, i have intel hd graphics 3000, the last version on it is from hp and intel website for windows xp is 2013, but what's your gpu and specs that is working fine for you?

I am using a GeForce GTX 745 with driver 355.98

23 hours ago, grey_rat said:

genieautravail, how much memory do you have in the computer?

If you change these options, will BSOD be the same?

dom.ipc.processCount - 1

Try to change the value in the registry

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

PagedPoolSize - FFFFFFFF

https://forum.drweb.com/index.php?showtopic=286830&&p=386885&&page=5#entry386885

On the laptop that I'am using for testing Mypal, I have 4GB of memory.

I have always the same BSOD involving win32k.sys.

BSOD occur at exit of Mypal with the following settings:

layers.omtp.enabled - true

dom.ipc.processCount - 1

PagedPoolSize - 0 (default on my computers)

Only one log file in Mypal folder :

!PaintThreadStart_A.log

BluescreenView informations :

https://easyupload.io/m/1lvuli (BSOD1.txt)

BSOD occur at exit of Mypal with the following settings:

layers.omtp.enabled - true

dom.ipc.processCount - 1

PagedPoolSize - FFFFFFFF

Only one log file in Mypal folder :

!PaintThreadStart_A.log

BluescreenView informations :

https://easyupload.io/m/1lvuli (BSOD2.txt)

In all cases, the BSOD occur when I close Mypal.

In my previous post, there is an error, I can get a BSOD even after 5 minutes of web surfing.

If I launch Mypal, go to the about:config for changing some settings and exit Mypal, there is no BSOD.

I must do web surfing before closing Mypal to get a BSOD.

Regards

Edited by genieautravail

Hi,

I have the same Bsod, only when I close the Mypal68 browser.

Much less often than before, but happens on 4Gbyte x58 motherboard (with multiprocessor in Mypal68 enabled).

BSOD win32k.sys, bluescreen and compi reboots

Dietmar

Edited by Dietmar

I use Mypal 68 in single-process mode from the very first time. I never had any BSODs, neither when running nor when closing the browser. Recently, I tested this browser in multiprocess mode. Even in this mode, I didn't notice any crashes or BSODs. But the RAM consumption by this browser in multiprocess mode is terrible in contrast to the single-process mode. To reduce this RAM consumption I therefore rebased the file xul.dll. This way I was able to reduce the memory consumption in both modes. But I personally will definitely stay in single-process mode.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content