Could MyPal be coded to run on XP-SP3 with P3 CPU SSE

Use for supermarket and many similar shopping sites that will have many small graphic pictures.

Need higher better than 52 base which many commerce shopping sites now do not work, once past the viewable home page.,

I would also love to see an SSE version. Not only would that make it run on a Pentium III but also on older AMD cpus like an Athlon XP. I have 2 GB of RAM in both my Athlon XP and P3 systems so I guess that shouldn't be much of an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After MyPal 29 development was discontinued, I switched over to Roytam's NewMoon 28, and just recently decided to try out the new MyPal 68.

So far I get the feeling that MyPal 68 is faster, produces less memory leaks and also has less rendering or display problems with problematic websites. This may simply be due to the fact that it's based on a new code base and no longer on Pale Moon.

Still, it crashes from time to time, though I get BSODs only in multiprocessing mode. In single mode, it's just "normal" crashes, mainly after visiting resource hungry sites.

If the cause of the crashes could be tracked down and fixed, MyPal will once again become my browser-of-choice for XP. (Though it's probably not that easy because at least for me they are hardly reproducible.)

But what I basically want to say: Great work so far, Feodor2 - and of course it's good to have you back on track!

@feodor2

PC Memory 1.5 GB
OS Windows XP SP3

All Roytam SSE versions seem to use older javascript code where all supermarket sites now use newer code.

All downloads at your MyPal gitnub downloads tags pages are not available we see only rotating icon, no downloads can be seen. Likely another newer javascript code thing affecting many browsers.

Needed are direct links to all MyPal versions. Maybe placed on the main MyPal web page instead of in a nested tag or folder, downloadable without javascript.

A a note in case it makes a difference, browser opens to a blank window. I navigate to one shopping site never open or browser across two different sites at once.Never browse using Tabs.

Example a supermarket site I would enter products page such as tinned foods and sub category for tinned food products list. From that list If need to view a product further I will open a new window and view it there. if need to compare that product with another product will open another window to do so. Then after compare the last window open will be closed leaving only two windows open. Normally no more than three windows open at any time.

I don't use browsing tabs. Usually always never browser more than one site at a time.

Open "view page source" and search for e.g. expanded_assets -> https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/releases/expanded_assets/68.13.2b

Thanks for the info I tested and downloaded the latest version. Many years I have missed many downloads at gitnub because of not knowing how to.

Now should be able to download versions of MyPal that can run on SSE CPU when available.

BTW the above way of browsing. One site at a time applies only to Commercial sites like Supermarkets.

what's the future for uncoming release of mypal 68 once september comes about github, for someone it don't have msfn account to download new version of mypal 68?image.png.b41c4559e447e94447fff3dee4a1200b.png