Microsoft Windows Update v3/v4/v5

great job to everyone! you are a good example of what can be done without microsofts help and I appreciate all y'all have done for this forum and the whole windows community

Edited by legacyfan

8 hours ago, MrMateczko said:

Still hoping for working v4 Windows 98SE/ME but that's already good progress! It's been more than 11 years since it got shut down, time flies :D

Microsoft Windows 98, 98 Second Edition and Millennium Edition are now supported by the website. But we need the updates names and the download links, else the website won't display or download any updates offered.

Edited by WULover

On 4/16/2023 at 7:49 AM, WULover said:

Microsoft Windows 98, 98 Second Edition and Millennium Edition are now supported by the website. But we need the updates names and the download links, else the website won't display or download any updates offered.

Finally, the WINDOWS UPDATE HAS COME BACK TO WINDOWS 98/ME!!!! (read this in The Rock's voice)

Took it long enough... (11 YEARS!?!?)

I will test the website tomorrow ASAP (98 on VM, 2000 on real computer).

By the way, i would remind you that you shall do some negotiations with Legacy Update team to include V4 on their sites, if you want...

We can host our private servers, you know, we already have our domain... I've just gave some facts to consider what is next...

Also, you can extract all official (and unofficial) updates in the AutoPatcher for Windows 98. The real thing is rewritting the download links to make this thing working...

Still, HUGE freaking congrats to all of those who made this website functional!!!!!

Cheers, mates!

Edited by Dušan Vićić

36 minutes ago, Dušan Vićić said:

By the way, i would remind you that you shall do some negotiations with Legacy Update team to include V4 on their sites, if you want...

We can host our private servers, you know, we already have our domain... I've just gave some facts to consider what is next...

I agree 100%, would be a great idea imo.

2 hours ago, mina7601 said:

By the way, how can I help in this project?

if there's anything I could do for the project I would be willing to pitch in as well to help this great project (because windows needs saving)

Edited by legacyfan

9 hours ago, mina7601 said:

By the way, how can I help in this project?

You can be a tester (but join the Discord as we do not publish all files on MSFN). Everyone can participate.

@legacyfan You can help by being a tester too, and finding download links and updates for Windows 98/Me in all languages, or translating the existing pages. @mina7601 You can also do that too if you don't want to be a tester.

Edited by WULover

8 hours ago, TigTex said:

By the way, is there any compatibility with non-English OS versions?

Yep, the website is only in english but it works on all languages.

3 hours ago, WULover said:

You can be a tester (but join the Discord as we do not publish all files on MSFN). Everyone can participate.

@legacyfan You can help by being a tester too, and finding download links and updates for Windows 98/Me in all languages, or translating the existing pages. @mina7601 You can also do that too if you don't want to be a tester.

thanks @WULover I'll do my best!