Microsoft Windows Update v3/v4/v5

Okay, is there a simple method, a tutorial or some indications to do it ? (I'm not very good at modifying operating systems)

If not, I think I will continue to use the W98 auto patcher and wait until something a bit more finished came out.

On 12/31/2022 at 12:30 PM, WULover said:

We currently only can get it to work on w98. Also, this doesn't mean we can get all updates for 95. A lot of files are missing.

Is your plans to make also windows update for win 95 & NT?

Hello Windows Updaters, here are some news.

THE NEWS

WIndows Update v3:

The Windows Update v3 website is still experiencing issues, and we're working to solve them. However, there's an url : http://windowsupdate.overrender.com/R1201/v31site/default.htm (the website is still work in progress).

We also discovered the Windows Update Catalog v3 (for update from Windows 95 to Windows 2000 Service Pack 2).

WIndows Update v4:

Windows Update v4 is missing the results.asp page. Without this page, you simply can't install updates. The Windows Update Catalog is not working at all.

If any of you find the good results.asp, send me a private message and I'll try it. This would save us a long time of coding the page.

WIndows Update v5:

Windows Update v5 is now available in 22 languages, all included in the same folder (v5consumer). Once the pictures will be done, the Windows Update v5 pack will be released.

If anyone wants to help us with translating the pages in any other languages (like Japanese, Chinese), send me a private message or join the Discord server. Any of you can help us. Don't worry, this project is not for 3 people only! If you have updates stored on your computer for old Microsoft Operating Systems, you can also offer them. All is accepted ! :D

Credits: Thanks to all the members of this project, especially @WinFX!

Edited by WULover

1 hour ago, WULover said:

Hello Windows Updaters, here are some news.

THE NEWS

WIndows Update v3:

The Windows Update v3 website is still experiencing issues, and we're working to solve them. However, there's an url : http://windowsupdate.overrender.com/R1201/v31site/default.htm (the website is still work in progress).

We also discovered the Windows Update Catalog v3 (for update from Windows 95 to Windows 2000 Service Pack 2).

WIndows Update v4:

Windows Update v4 is missing the results.asp page. Without this page, you simply can't install updates. The Windows Update Catalog is not working at all.

If any of you find the good results.asp, send me a private message and I'll try it. This would save us a long time of coding the page.

WIndows Update v5:

Windows Update v5 is now available in 22 languages, all included in the same folder (v5consumer). Once the pictures will be done, the Windows Update v5 pack will be released.

If anyone wants to help us with translating the pages in any other languages (like Japanese, Chinese), send me a private message or join the Discord server. Any of you can help us. Don't worry, this project is not for 3 people only! If you have updates stored on your computer for old Microsoft Operating Systems, you can also offer them. All is accepted ! :D

Credits: Thanks to all the members of this project, especially @WinFX!

Very good!!!!! Finally some good news. Can't wait to see completed v3.1!!! 

Still, the big problems with v4 website are still not solved. The second most important WU website, after v6, imo. -_- 

I'm gonna check if that v3.1 website is working on my W98 VM!

Welp, for some reason, it redirects me to the 404 error, so i can't see it in the moment.

Edited by Dušan Vićić

4 hours ago, Dušan Vićić said:

Very good!!!!! Finally some good news. Can't wait to see completed v3.1!!! 

Yeah, we did a very great work to get this website working!

Still, the big problems with v4 website are still not solved. The second most important WU website, after v6, imo. -_- 

Sadly, the most important page is missing... But the site itself is working, with the history, the personalization, etc.

Welp, for some reason, it redirects me to the 404 error, so i can't see it in the moment.

The site is still Work In Progress, I'm working to solve that damn 404 error.

Please stay polite (which means -> No WTF).

And yes, the site is work in progress.

But for the time being, you'll have to host it yourself. @WinFX is working to create a public VM with all websites running (some config will be needed).

Don't think it'll be easy, setting up these websites is not that simple.