Jump to content

Microsoft Windows Update v3/v4/v5


Recommended Posts


On 6/26/2022 at 4:45 PM, maile3241 said:

Hello everyone, 

I have customized WUv4 to use WUv5 files and still access iuctl.dll instead of wuweb.dll. Now you can see that WUv4 gives an error code, which never happened before. Does anyone know what the error code means?

ry824GZ.png

wich means v4 using v5 engine? that's great

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2022 at 7:02 PM, maile3241 said:

I specifically wrote in the previous post that you need to try v6 first to see if it works.

I should do this in my Server 2003 because something strange happened in my XP Home. Then, I got this

image.png

IE just hanging

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, LonghornXP said:

I should do this in my Server 2003 because something strange happened in my XP Home. Then, I got this

image.png

IE just hanging

Enable http 1.1 via proxy in the internet options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2022 at 9:45 AM, maile3241 said:

Hello everyone, 

I have customized WUv4 to use WUv5 files and still access iuctl.dll instead of wuweb.dll. Now you can see that WUv4 gives an error code, which never happened before. Does anyone know what the error code means?

ry824GZ.png

It occurs when the component object model of Microsoft Update or Windows Update (mainly ActiveX, etc.) is not available for some reason. So if it's blocked and cannot be downloaded, the error occurs.

Edited by NojusK
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, WULover said:

With V6, Windows Server 2003 is really slow to check for updates. With v5 ans sp2, it simply doesn't work.

My Server 2003 using sP1 not Sp2. Also, with Server 2003 sp1 and v5 it just stuck in welcome page and does not searching any updates

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, NojusK said:

It occurs when the component object model of Microsoft Update or Windows Update (mainly ActiveX, etc.) is not available for some reason. So if it's blocked and cannot be downloaded, the error occurs.

Strange because the ActiveX control was successfully installed and the Windows Update protocol is also present.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2022 at 9:53 AM, George King said:

@maile3241 Wooow, great work. So custom Windows Update release should be soon? :)

It's definitely going to take a while, as it's far from fully developed. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...