ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

59 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

@Dave-H! In a beta test, the complete program package should first be tested as it is. After that, one can talk about new features or improvements. Do you agree? :)

Unfortunately, I heard a lot about TrayIt!, the unaccustomed systray icon's behaviour of ProxHTTPSProxy, and a non-existent autostart feature, but less about the already provided features of my package. :yes: Did you really test all existent features? And, did you uninstall all previous versions of ProxHTTPSProxy before testing as recommended? Furthermore, did you delete all previous global and local path settings in regards to ProxHTTPSProxy? vertsennuie.gif 
And I mean all of my beta testers, @Dave-H, @mina7601, @NotHereToPlayGames, of course! :yes:

Cheers, AstroSkipper :) 

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

On 8/1/2022 at 12:07 AM, Dave-H said:

Try to install the program package by using different paths!

All seems fine, no problem with spaces!

Check if my configuration utility "Configure PopMenu" does its job properly in your system!

Yes, it worked perfectly.

Read the documentation and check if it is complete and understandable!

I think so, as long as people read it fully of course (which I didn't initially!) and remember what it says. It's all there.

Try out all provided features!

All work as advertised.

After applying my configuration program, perform a restart and check if the programs Min2Tray and PopMenu were started automatically!

Yes they were.

Check if the proxy settings are activated after executing the file "StartProxy.exe", and deactivated after closing the proxy in different ways!

All seems fine.

Call up different websites and also TLS testing websites while using the proxy!

TLS v1.3 connections fine in IE8!

:thumbup

On 8/1/2022 at 2:45 AM, mina7601 said:

> Try to install the program package by using different paths!

It works great! I tried at least 2 paths, 1 on the desktop, and 1 on a folder on C: drive called "Prox HTTPS", and both worked great!

> Check if my configuration utility "Configure PopMenu" does its job properly in your system!

Yes, it did it's job properly!

> Read the documentation and check if it is complete and understandable!

Yes, probably!

> Try out all provided features!

They all work properly and as expected!

> After applying my configuration program, perform a restart and check if the programs Min2Tray and PopMenu were started automatically!

Yes, they were! I also performed a logoff, and they started automatically there too!

> Check if the proxy settings are activated after executing the file "StartProxy.exe", and deactivated after closing the proxy in different ways!

Yes, they are!

> Call up different websites and also TLS testing websites while using the proxy!

They work great, and TLS testing websites display results properly! :)

These are the results I have so far. No detailed data is available from @NotHereToPlayGames until now! I marked red the statement I asked for. Please, check this statement once again! grattermenton.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper ecrire-ordi.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

@Dave-H! In a beta test, the complete program package should first be tested as it is. After that, one can talk about new features or improvements. Do you agree? :)

Unfortunately, I heard a lot about TrayIt!, the unaccustomed systray icon's behaviour of ProxHTTPSProxy, and a non-existent autostart feature, but less about the already provided features of my package. :yes: Did you really test all existent features? And, did you uninstall all previous versions of ProxHTTPSProxy before testing as recommended? Furthermore, did you delete all previous global and local path settings in regards to ProxHTTPSProxy? vertsennuie.gif 
And I mean all of my beta testers, @Dave-H, @mina7601, @NotHereToPlayGames, of course! :yes:

Cheers, AstroSkipper :) 

Yes, yes and yes!
The only thing I didn't remove before I installed your package was the entry in the PATH environment variable, and that's simply because I didn't know it was there!
Do you want me to clear everything and do a new installation from scratch again?
:dubbio:

1 minute ago, Dave-H said:

Yes, yes and yes!
The only thing I didn't remove before I installed your package was the entry in the PATH environment variable, and that's simply because I didn't know it was there!
Do you want me to clear everything and do a new installation from scratch again?
:dubbio:

Thanks a lot for your request and your quick reply! Please, try to do all from scratch, once again! Clean up everything referring to previous installations of ProxHTTPSProxy! Thanks in advance! :)

24 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

I will do that, although I'm a bit busy at the moment, so it will be later today.
I assume do it with the latest 'fixed' versions of all the files.
:yes:

Yes, of course! :yes: Do it if time is available but, please, be as accurate as possible! And I definitely know that you can be! Thanks for that in advance! :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Did you really test all existent features?

Yes, they all work.

And, did you uninstall all previous versions of ProxHTTPSProxy before testing as recommended?

Yes, of course I did.

Furthermore, did you delete all previous global and local path settings in regards to ProxHTTPSProxy?

Yes,, I did.

2 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Did you really test all existent features?

Yes, they all work.

No, unfortunately not! :no: Check especially features referring to the system-wide use of the proxy! :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

49 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

No, unfortunately not! :no: Check especially features referring to the system-wide use of the proxy! :)

I checked, and enabling system-wide use of the proxy doesn't work when ProxHTTPSProxy is not running (but works when it is running), because it says it can't find "ProxHTTPSProxy_PSwitch.exe". Is this what you meant by "unfortunately not", or you meant something else?

1 minute ago, mina7601 said:

I checked, and enabling system-wide use of the proxy doesn't work when ProxHTTPSProxy is not running (but works when it is running), because it says it can't find "ProxHTTPSProxy_PSwitch.exe". Is this what you meant by "unfortunately not", or you meant something else?

Yep! Finally! :thumbup I would have been surprised if that had worked! :yes: The program was written by me for @heinoganda's proxy. So, not all features were tested, right? sclindoeil.gif q.e.d. :)

4 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

s*** can happens, but don't worry! I didn't check it, either! jaioublie.gif

@mina7601! Please, do some further tests to ensure that there are no other bugs! Click all possible combinations! A fixed version will be uploaded, too! :yes:

Thanks for your efforts in advance! smilie-t-006.gif

37 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

s*** can happens, but don't worry! I didn't check it, either! jaioublie.gif

I know, but I am not worried.

50 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

@mina7601! Please, do some further tests to ensure that there are no other bugs! Click all possible combinations! A fixed version will be uploaded, too! :yes:

Well, your fixed "Configure PopMenu.exe" gives the error "Error: Too many command-line parameters" during configuration. Your original "Configure PopMenu.exe" (inside ProxHTTPSProxy PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 archive itself) does not give the error.

Thanks for your efforts in advance! smilie-t-006.gif

You are welcome.