ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

12 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

I'll try anything once!
:D

Ok. While looking for alternative ways to control the systray I found the tool Taskbar Hide - hide windows program 3.2 from Eusing. It's a freeware tool. Here is a screenshot: Taskbar.jpg

And here is the link: https://www.eusing.com/hidewindows/bosskey.htm
:D
This are the two features I meant:

• Hide/Show icons from the system tray /
    You can hide some of the less used icons from the system tray. The operation is the same as to Hide/Show application windows. Now this function supports windows me/2000/xp/vista/7/8/10/11.

• Modify application windows order on taskbar 
    You can arrange the windows on taskbar according to your preference. Select the application in the Taskbar Hide list and use Up and Down arrows to reorder the application windows. This feature becomes useful when you want to put related application windows together.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Thanks.
Hiding the tray icons will be a good thing to have if I go back to using Min2Tray, but it's still not quite the same as I've got now with TrayIt!
Looks like a useful utility though, and I'll certainly add it to my tools archive.
:yes:

8 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Thanks.
Hiding the tray icons will be a good thing to have if I go back to using Min2Tray, but it's still not quite the same as I've got now with TrayIt!
Looks like a useful utility though, and I'll certainly add it to my tools archive.
:yes:

Yep! You said your systray is full of icons. Maybe, it can help to reduce the number of icons, without any loss and without using Windows' native feature. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

42 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Yep! You said your systray is full of icons. Maybe, it can help to reduce the number of icons, without any loss and without using Windows' native feature. :)

I'm actually quite happy with the number of icons I have in the tray, they are all informational, things like processor temperature monitors, or just tell me that something is running OK.
The presence of the TrayIt! icon tells me that the proxy is running, albeit with its window hidden.
:)

31 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

That's what I wrote in my first instructions. :)

Yes you did, and thinking about it, I now think that I did remove all the original relevant run entries in the registry.
Your setup just adds entries for PopMenu.exe and Min2Tray.exe, and they were definitely both there OK.
It doesn't add anything to run the proxy on boot.
:dubbio:

1 hour ago, Dave-H said:

It doesn't add anything to run the proxy on boot.
:dubbio:

Adding automatically an entry to run the proxy on boot is not a feature of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 as I already told you. :whistle: It will be one in the next release, though. Mainly because a special person can't live without this feature. sclindoeil.gif And I assume most users don't want the proxy to run on boot. Presumably, they want to start it rather on demand like me. :w00t:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Hello, my dear beta testers, @Dave-H, @mina7601, @NotHereToPlayGames:hello:
Any new results or observations while testing my program package? Did you really test all features? Do they work as it should? Did you check the proper working of the proxy after applying the provided functions in my pre-configured popmenu? Detailed results, I only got from @Dave-H and @mina7601:yes: I'm asking all this because the beta test is slowly coming to an end. sablierr.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper captain.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

10 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Adding automatically an entry to run the proxy on boot is not a feature of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 as I already told you. :whistle: It will be one in the next release, though. Mainly because a special person can't live without this feature. sclindoeil.gif And I assume most users don't want the proxy to run on boot. Presumably, they want to start it rather on demand like me. :w00t:

Yes, I know that!
I was only making the observation that it did seem to add the two run commands that it does add, for PopMenu and Min2Tray, even though I have spaces in the path to the files.
The reason I want the proxy running all the time is because my e-mail program doesn't display messages properly without it, as it uses the IE8 engine to render them.
As I'm checking e-mails on and off all day, I don't want to have to keep running and stopping the proxy.
I can't think of any disadvantage in running it all the time, unless you're very short of system resources, which I'm not.

25 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Yes, I know that!
I was only making the observation that it did seem to add the two run commands that it does add, for PopMenu and Min2Tray, even though I have spaces in the path to the files.
The reason I want the proxy running all the time is because my e-mail program doesn't display messages properly without it, as it uses the IE8 engine to render them.
As I'm checking e-mails on and off all day, I don't want to have to keep running and stopping the proxy.
I can't think of any disadvantage in running it all the time, unless you're very short of system resources, which I'm not.

Everything that I don't use continously is disabled, dectivated or simply closed. :yes:
What about my questions?

53 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hello, my dear beta testers, @Dave-H, @mina7601, @NotHereToPlayGames:hello:
Any new results or observations while testing my program package? Did you really test all features? Do they work as it should? Did you check the proper working of the proxy after applying the provided functions in my pre-configured popmenu? Detailed results, I only got from @Dave-H and @mina7601:yes: I'm asking all this because the beta test is slowly coming to an end. sablierr.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper captain.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper