StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

That pic a few posts above, of 15 or so tray icons, reminds me to ask: are there any plans in 3.7 to keep track of whether those are hidden or not? The reason I ask is that information is lost when you do a Windows build upgrade, which some of us do about 50 times a year. It would be almost magical at this point if SaB could have its own system for keeping track of them so Windows doesn't screw them up every single upgrade.

Do not recommend upgrading to 3.7 beta if you're using vertical taskbar, noticed some bugs:

1. Taskbar item thumbnails' phase animations are now less smooth, for some reason.
  2. Taskbar can be resized to be smaller than minimal taskbar item width, breaking item icons (they get cropped, start flickering and sometimes disappear completely).
  3. Tray icons use horizontal taskbar margins (unlike in 3.16 and earlier), thus using more space than before and not aligning properly.
  4. Show desktop button overlaps with time&date if Notification Center is disabled.
  5. Control Center widget wraps if taskbar icons are very small; not sure whether it is expected behaviour, however combined with #3 it looks off.

On 11/14/2023 at 8:18 AM, Tihiy said:

3.7 uses same tray icon storage as native taskbar in 22H2, so this info shouldn't be lost.

I have to re-order them every new build (minor PIA), the native taskbar remembers them and others have asked for this feature for a long time now.

Edited by helmutcheese

On 8/3/2023 at 5:34 PM, Ionut Bara said:

Hi. A ideea for StartAllBack

Is possibile to add classical drive grouping in This PC in StartAllBack? I want to ditch from OldNewExplorer.

Still not possible to add it to SAB ?
That would avoid using ONE too

On 11/14/2023 at 5:58 PM, barchee said:

Do not recommend upgrading to 3.7 beta if you're using vertical taskbar, noticed some bugs:

1. Taskbar item thumbnails' phase animations are now less smooth, for some reason.
  2. Taskbar can be resized to be smaller than minimal taskbar item width, breaking item icons (they get cropped, start flickering and sometimes disappear completely).
  3. Tray icons use horizontal taskbar margins (unlike in 3.16 and earlier), thus using more space than before and not aligning properly.
  4. Show desktop button overlaps with time&date if Notification Center is disabled.
  5. Control Center widget wraps if taskbar icons are very small; not sure whether it is expected behaviour, however combined with #3 it looks off.

Screenshots comparing may help

On 11/13/2023 at 6:43 PM, Tihiy said:

Which apps are those?

Those were the docker and the PIA vpn. The tray flyout is great on the previous patches. please allow us to choose which flyout style should be used. I used to have the windows 11 tray flyout style (which is dark)

Edited by killingZ

On 11/12/2023 at 1:52 PM, mackid1993 said:

If you're using 3.7 beta I believe the new systray doesn't support msstyles.

That's a whole other can of worms. Where in my comment did I say msstyles? I said I replaced the ICONS, not the msstyles.

This is something that Tihiy needs to fix, or the classic windows community can create a hard patch for Startallback that will make it so it doesn't replace the icons like this (why does it even do this?). It's ridiculous that people pay for a program that has forced features like this when it claims to support classic windows setups. We got a non immersive menu reg, where is the "don't replace the icons in the tray" reg? Or better, a setting in the GUI? Or, make the setting that you already HAVE that is supposed to turn off icon replacement, actually turn off the icon replacement in the tray? Startallback is an objectively worse program than startisback because of things like this, especially in a PAID app. There had better be a way to disable this I'm missing...

Edited by Ten2O

6 hours ago, Ten2O said:

where is the "don't replace the icons in the tray" reg

Not all icons have bitmap representation anymore, like network icon. I've entertained idea of notification icon styles, but that comes jarring unless restyling every one ever. StartAllBack does not support 'classic unstyled' look.