StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 10:02 PM, User77111 said:

It looks like all msstyles edits were removed with the latest update of StartAllBack?

It looks like the latest update will not let me use a custom .msstyles with SAB without it messing with the custom .msstyles edits SAB makes.

@Tihiyhave you gotten the chance to look at my edits yet for possible implementation? aero.msstyles edits.zip

Edited by User77111

Latest update removed altering style for any .msstyles which is not \Windows\Resources\Themes\aero.msstyles.

37 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

Latest update removed altering style for any .msstyles which is not \Windows\Resources\Themes\aero.msstyles.

How does this style altering work? It does not need a theme patcher to work I just have not seen anything like it before.

I wonder if there could be a way to open up the program to let users apply their own themes this way? Like rectify 11 needs to run the theme patcher every windows update, SAB does not.

For Dark Magic I have an experimental vector styling engine in the works. However it's not coming any time soon, sorry.

3 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

For Dark Magic I have an experimental vector styling engine in the works. However it's not coming any time soon, sorry.

Dark magic is truly great. Better if you take your time.

2 hours ago, User77111 said:

@Tihiyhave you gotten the chance to look at my edits yet for possible implementation? aero.msstyles edits.zip

^^

On 5/7/2024 at 2:36 PM, Tihiy said:

It will be a bomb for sure. I look forward ...

I've got a small problem with StartAllBack on my Volterra – when I connect with Remote Desktop, moving my mouse over the items in the right column of Start Menu often results in corruption of the background colour:

imAGE2..thumb.PNg.da902e4279a92c8180b67acc313399c2.PNg

I'm not sure if this is something you can fix (I wouldn't be surprised if the problem is somewhere in Qualcomm's graphic driver), though the problem only affects the default visual style (at least I can't reproduce the problem with Plain8 and Windows 7).

Also works fine on Server 2025 26212.5000

Although I did get a popup saying SAB was not made for this version and to click Enable at your own risk.  I clicked Enable and our house is still here.

No issues.

Jim

7 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

Just tested Canary 26212, classic taskbar still works!

not completly. it has problems with toolbars.