360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

13.5.2022 is already outdated too, the current is 13.5.2036.0

Speaking solely for myself, "do not care"  :whistle:

I was "hesitant" to go public with build 2022.

Rest assured, there is no hesitation regarding build 2036.

The user base is just too tiny.

I applaud roytam1's constant updates, but this project will NOT follow that same course.

NONE of roytam1's releases 'work' for MY "modern" web sites - 360Chrome still works for MY "modern" web sites.

And TWO-PLUS YEARS LATER, after weekly updates, NONE of the roytam1 releases has gained functionality for MY "modern" web sites.

I have no plans to perform "constant" updates herein and never gain any true "functionality".  Seems pointless "to me".

BUT this test is probably solely for Mr. D.Draker - to the best of my knowledge, your gym membership web site is one of a very small handful of web sites that 360Chrome can not "do".

I could be wrong (I am "sometimes", lol), but you seem to NOT WANT to test your gym membership on build 2036.

So TO ME, the post regarding it is basically a TINY degree of "stirring the pot" (I doubt that was the intent, lol).

Because XP browsers will ALWAYS be "outdated" - and us XP Users really "do not care".  We have other reasons for running XP and "constantly" DEBATING this is NOT "open for debate" - ESPECIALLY here at MSFN (ask any of the moderators).

IF, on the other hand, build 2036 does return functionality to one of the very small handful of web sites that the current release can not "do", then (and only then) shall hesitation be removed  :whistle:

Maybe "too early" for me to have "replied", but I think I worded it "okay"...

4 hours ago, ADMM said:

How much of an improvement would version 13.5.2022 ungoogled be over version 13.5.1030 regular?

XP 32 bit.

No real clue, to be honest.  The rendering engine is technically "identical" and I never read any "whatsnew" release notes due to original being Chinese.

The biggest difference would be "ungoogled" versus "regular".  Since you opted for "regular", I doubt you would like the "hurdle" of manually installing extensions in an "ungoogled" version.

Technically, the ONLY difference between "ungoogled" and "regular" is the word "google" existing two times in one internal API being changed to "9oo9le" (same way official Ungoogled Chromium "ungoogles" their releases).

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Speaking solely for myself, "do not care"  :whistle:

I was "hesitant" to go public with build 2022.

Rest assured, there is no hesitation regarding build 2036.

The user base is just too tiny.

I applaud roytam1's constant updates, but this project will NOT follow that same course.

NONE of roytam1's releases 'work' for MY "modern" web sites - 360Chrome still works for MY "modern" web sites.

And TWO-PLUS YEARS LATER, after weekly updates, NONE of the roytam1 releases has gained functionality for MY "modern" web sites.

I have no plans to perform "constant" updates herein and never gain any true "functionality".  Seems pointless "to me".

BUT this test is probably solely for Mr. D.Draker - to the best of my knowledge, your gym membership web site is one of a very small handful of web sites that 360Chrome can not "do".

I could be wrong (I am "sometimes", lol), but you seem to NOT WANT to test your gym membership on build 2036.

So TO ME, the post regarding it is basically a TINY degree of "stirring the pot" (I doubt that was the intent, lol).

Because XP browsers will ALWAYS be "outdated" - and us XP Users really "do not care".  We have other reasons for running XP and "constantly" DEBATING this is NOT "open for debate" - ESPECIALLY here at MSFN (ask any of the moderators).

IF, on the other hand, build 2036 does return functionality to one of the very small handful of web sites that the current release can not "do", then (and only then) shall hesitation be removed  :whistle:

Maybe "too early" for me to have "replied", but I think I worded it "okay"...

You're right. Don't update anything, not worth it, 'cause the engine is ancient anyways. And ,actually, I was talking to another user.

Who's roytams1 , I don't even know, sorry. Again, thanks for the worries about my gym, I know you're trying to help.

I "assumed" the software package was going to be a Windows-based GUI

I was under the impression you were some sort of a programmer, no ? Anyways , doesn't matter , 'cause of the reasons I said above.

The rendering engine is ...

The rendering engine in 13.5 became slow. I mean , compared to my 102 fork.

So to answer your prev. question, yes , sites still *somewhat* work , but not 

as fast as they used to be, the scrolling became slower on twitter, 

imdb works slow too. Github is very problematic !

I know you don't care about these sites. So ...

9 hours ago, mixit said:

Run pak_util.py -h for all the options.

Being completely brand new to Python, I guess I need a small nudge in the right direction.

I right-clicked on pak_util.py and selected Edit with IDLE.

Then selected Run... Customized and entered -h for the command line argument.

image.thumb.png.e91e1fd9e9d559595fabd6d8ed688a10.png

24 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I was under the impression you were some sort of a programmer, no ? Anyways , doesn't matter , 'cause of the reasons I said above.

If you're going to pay me a SALARY, then YES, I am a "some sort of programmer".

"This" (360Chrome) is actually one of my SMALLEST "hobbies".  I'll convert your vehicle from mass air flow to speed density, drop in dual turbo's, reprogram your ECU's ignition tables accordingly, and hit 1/4 mile in 10 seconds.

And will spend all summer doing it - for free.

But no, I do not spend that much "time and energy" on 360Chrome.  :cool:

If you're going to pay me a SALARY, then YES, I am a "some sort of programmer".

"This" (360Chrome) is actually one of my SMALLEST "hobbies".  I'll convert your vehicle from mass air flow to speed density, drop in dual turbo's, reprogram your ECU's ignition tables accordingly, and hit 1/4 mile in 10 seconds.

And will spend all summer doing it - for free.

But no, I do not spend that much "time and energy" on 360Chrome.  :cool:

I just wrote my opinion and said don't waste your time (and mine for the replies,lol).

Again, my opinion it's not worth it. To answer your question, I tried the latest 22036 and didn't like it.

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

but you seem to NOT WANT to test your gym membership on build 2036

Not with the gym, no. This can only be checked when making payments, like I said .

But we (you and I) have good eyes, so the first thing I noticed and didn't like in 2036 - the fonts are worse than in 1035.

Not clear.

The font issue is not really an XP issue.  I actually kind of wish this thread was split into two because "older NT-Family OSes" puts XP and 7 in the same basket and they are DRASTICALLY different - ESPECIALLY in font-rendering.

For Win7 and higher, I suggest GDIChromium - https://github.com/GTANAdam/GDIChromium/releases (currently at 103.0.5060.122, have not compared directly to 102 which you fork from).

I also like Ungoogled v97 - it has been my experience that v97 is the fastest and everything newer has some performance degradation (as does each and every "newer" 360Chrome and each and every "newer" roytam1 release).

360Chrome (in my opinion) is really only for XP users - far FAR better browser options out there for Win7 and higher.

360Chrome "enabled" me to stay on XP much longer than I probably should have, to be honest.

But I still use my XP machine "most" of the time (it has five widescreen monitors).

360Chrome basically "bought me time" to learn the ins-and-outs of Win10 tweaks and customizations - still in-process before I can define it as my "default OS".

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Being completely brand new to Python, I guess I need a small nudge in the right direction.

I right-clicked on pak_util.py and selected Edit with IDLE.

Then selected Run... Customized and entered -h for the command line argument.

image.thumb.png.e91e1fd9e9d559595fabd6d8ed688a10.png

But enough for the OT for now - I'd like to get back to the above, please.

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

But enough for the OT for now - I'd like to get back to the above, please.

I guess I didn't talk enough about Python 2.7 to convey that I wasn't using GRIT with Python 3 myself. :whistle: Anyway, pip install six (on the command line) should fix that error. You may actually find it more convenient to simply run these scripts from the command line, e.g. python pak_util.py -h , etc. (I almost never bother with IDLE since I use another editor.) And just in case you haven't got yourself a brotli.exe (version 1.0.7 or higher), even with Python 3 you'll still need to install Brotli with pip, add the import (judging from your screenshot you haven't done that yet), and edit the function I mentioned (at least the Brotli part of it).

As for having to use Python and not a GUI extractor... well, you asked what software I used and I told you what I used, you can blame Google for not creating a GUI for it. :) Actually the reason I didn't tell you right when you first asked and just said it should work as always was because I had no idea that you'd never decompressed any of the Brotli content from paks. I mean you've been doing these repacks for so long and I'm pretty sure I've seen you mention a number of times now completely safe your builds are even for stuff like banking. When you have hundreds of binary blobs you don't know the contents of? :dubbio: I mean I seriously doubt you're pouring over Proxomitron logs or whatever every time you use the browser. I don't want to get into a long argument over this, but I was honestly quite surprised.

Since a member here asked me for these Chinese-less Dev Tools paks privately, I think I'll also put them up here so anyone interested can test the changes until @NotHereToPlayGames releases his build with them. These are meant for his 2022 build from the end of this post.

Ungoogled: https://anonfiles.com/EeddQeI0y5/resources_pak
Googly: https://anonfiles.com/X6J0Q7I2yf/resources_pak

Also, it was suggested to me that I may have been too "hard" on @NotHereToPlayGames. Didn't mean to be, but I know I've been a bit more irritable than usual because of not getting good continuous sleep after somehow hurting my neck due to a bad sleeping posture a couple of nights ago, so if anyone felt that way, you can chalk it up to that, I guess...

Edited by mixit