360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

I don't have vanishing fonts anymore , after I updated the Nvidia driver on my ancient GTX980 SSC to the version 372.54 (available at Nvidia or Softpedia). Also , considering to ask Dixel for the rarest Driver 373.19. Read it has very nice and clear font rendering. Glad to help you , guys ! 

12 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I don't have vanishing fonts anymore

Are you referring to v13.5?  Or to v11?

I've never had disappearing text in anything but v11.

The GTX980 SSC was released in September 2014.  My GeForce GT 635 was released in October 2013.  Not sure if that's relevant.

But here's my thinking on that - my computer has five monitors, the disappearing fonts are not tied to any specific monitor or graphics card, and if they were I could just move the window to a different monitor and the fonts would reappear, but they do not.

But that does have me wondering - I wonder if resizing the window has any effect on the text reappearing or not, will have to try that next time.

But I've not actually had any issue in over two weeks.  It was always slightly RARE for me, once every two weeks or so, very minor, very rare.

I've always just resorted to closing 360Chrome and relaunching.  Really hasn't been frequent enough to lose sleep over.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Are you referring to v13.5?  Or to v11?

v13.5 . I think I wrote before that I had the vanishing fonts , also Dixel wrote the same about 2206. Yes , I bought it in 2014 , absolutely right . A necro card .

8 years , jeez !!! We were living in an absolutely different time !!!

I also have several monitors connected . TV (HDMI) , the main display (Display port) and the second monitor (DVI-D).

Edited by D.Draker

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

But here's my thinking on that - my computer has five monitors, the disappearing fonts are not tied to any specific monitor or graphics card

I don't know what to tell you , I don't have this problem anymore . For me it was the damn old driver . Come think of it . This chrome is from late 2020 , and the driver was more than 7 years old !!! Maybe they changed something during the last decade ? 

v13.5 has always been fine for me.

v11 will vanish fonts every once in a while on this GeForce GT 635, on a different computers GeForce FX 5200, and on a third computer's GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (this computer also has an Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset display adapter).

I've not been able to tie the root cause to display adapters on my computers, but every computer is different so I have no doubt that this fixed your issues on v13.5.

Me neither ... it simply has not happend yet and I've been trying to make it happen on v11. Usually when I open another forum and reply then come back here its messed up; but, has not been the case yesterday or today ... thur far. 

I've been opening MSFN, logging in, opening the reply-box, then opening ten Dropbox tabs and ten YouTube tabs.  Bounce around the YouTube tabs for 20 minutes or so.  Then come back to MSFN because those fonts always disappeared first.  I haven't been able to "force" text to disappear in over two weeks.

v11 Deprecated API Notes (already removed in v12 and higher)  --

PDF Compositor Service  ==  remove 11041,  24701,  24703    edit 102,  106
Google Network Text-to-Speech Service  ==  remove 179
Smart Lock (app detecting proximity of mobile phone)  ==  remove 11385,  11386    to-find easyUnlockPrivate,  screenlockPrivate,  easy_unlock_background.js,  icons/easyunlock_app_icon_*.png [32, 48, 64, 96, 128, 256]

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Nope, not at this time.  My focus remains on XP.

What a shame that the new version is x64 only.
Absolutely the right decision not to go to the trouble of updating it though, the demand for a 64 bit version of 360Chrome on XP would be very low indeed!
:)