What are you watching?

sunryze

16 hours ago, Dixel said:

"The 5 Biggest Problems With ‘Dune Part 2’" by Erik Kain.

"1. The emotional connection does not connect."

I am NOT familiar with "Dune" (I've heard of it but have ZERO familiarity/insight).

Regarding the part I've bolded, "emotional connection" is ONE (of MANY) reasons I do not watch movies!

I hate hate HATE watching actors/actresses do "fake tears" and I immediately stop watching no matter what when actors/actresses do these STUPID "fake tears".

Look up "The Flash" on Netflix.  HATE IT!  HATE IT!  HATE IT!  Because the "superhero" is always always ALWAYS crying like a BABY!

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

...I hate hate HATE watching actors/actresses do "fake tears" and I immediately stop watching no matter what when actors/actresses do these STUPID "fake tears".

spacer.png

17 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

and you deliberately omitted column No. 3 from the Forbes article for obvious reasons:

3. There are too many famous people in these movies.”

Yes, I deliberately omitted column No. 3 from the Forbes article for obvious reasons you've just proved to be right. 

In fact, I even wanted to help you not to land up in a funny situation like this, that's why I didn't quote that column.

In English, we have two absolutely different meanings for "famous" and "talented"!

Fame has nothing to do with talent

There are a lot of  famous folks on insta, it doesn't automatically make them talented or actors.

On 3/18/2024 at 2:41 AM, Dixel said:

In English, we have two absolutely different meanings for "famous" and "talented"

In English, we have two absolutely different meanings for “weak” and “untalented,” but at MSFN we have at least three accounts that do not know that, as I pointed out March 15. You are not going to convince me that my enjoyment of a recent movie was an error on my part, nor is there any point in discussing the talents of recent movie stars with someone who does not watch recent movies.

Meanwhile, today will probably be the day when Dune: Part Two surpasses $500 million at box offices worldwide. That is very good for a post-pandemic film that is not an Avatar sequel. (Of course I also saw the Avatar sequel at a cinema more than a year ago. :cool:)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/dune-2-nears-huge-box-office-milestone-passes-first-movies-entire-run-after-10-days/1100-6521893/

Edited by Dave-H
Abusive language removed.

The Hills Have Eyes on DVD (1977)

Directed by Wes Craven

On the way to California, a family has the misfortune to have their car break down in an area closed to the public, and inhabited by violent savages ready to attack.

On 3/16/2024 at 6:24 PM, UCyborg said:

Must have been 9 years since I was in the cinema last time. Seems too much bother these days, I resort to torrents at the odd time I feel like watching a movie. The list from recent years is short, I watched The Matrix Resurrections (2021) in 2022, Storm of the Century (1999) in 2020, The Matrix trilogy (1999, 2003), Idiocracy (2006) and A Quiet Place (2018) in 2019.

There are 2 quizzes and 1 satire on local TV channels that I do watch on the more regular basis though.

ive been to the movies like 5 times my entire life pretty much and have seen some pretty good movies as well

I have:

The Matrix Resurrections (2021) in 2022, The Matrix trilogy (1999, 2003), Idiocracy (2006) and A Quiet Place (2018) in 2019 on DVD. I've been turning to my old DVD collection because network TV is limited and I can hardly stream at all on my devices now because the sites have all become so heavy and XP just isn't up to the job; sad to say. I find Linux to be better for watching movies online rather than XP.

Edited by XPerceniol

4 hours ago, legacyfan said:

me and my family just recently watched the wonka movie and i have to say that it was one of the best movies ive watched this year  https://youtu.be/6_ThBCS9aFw?feature=shared

I haven’t seen Wonka, but I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed it! I believe you are younger than most of us here at MSFN, and I’d like to hear what you thought of Wonka’s young star, Timothée Chalamet? One member seems to believe he is “weak” and untalented. I will concede that he looks rather young to become the Emperor of the Universe (which is where the Dune films are headed), but he is certainly the reigning king of the box office right now thanks to young moviegoers. As was first pointed out by Denis Kimathi of Collider and repeated in numerous other articles, Chalamet has broken a box office record that was previously held by John Travolta by starring in two top-grossing films in less than 8 months:

https://collider.com/timothee-chalamet-actor-record-dune-2-wonka/

41 minutes ago, Vistapocalypse said:

I haven’t seen Wonka, but I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed it! I believe you are younger than most of us here at MSFN, and I’d like to hear what you thought of Wonka’s young star, Timothée Chalamet? One member seems to believe he is “weak” and untalented. I will concede that he looks rather young to become the Emperor of the Universe (which is where the Dune films are headed), but he is certainly the reigning king of the box office right now thanks to young moviegoers. As was first pointed out by Denis Kimathi of Collider and repeated in numerous other articles, Chalamet has broken a box office record that was previously held by John Travolta by starring in two top-grossing films in less than 8 months:

https://collider.com/timothee-chalamet-actor-record-dune-2-wonka/

ive not seen any of the dune movies but his acting in the wonka movie was pretty close to gene wilder in terms of acting and the songs in it are really well done homages to the original movies songs plus multiple references to the older wonka movies as well overall its a really well created tribute to the legacy of the wonka franchises

Edited by legacyfan

7 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

(2018) in 2019 on DVD.

Wow, I didn't know they were still making DVDs in 2019! Unbelievable! How's the quality? American NTSC DVD 480p screen res. height standard seems so low these days.

European PAL DVD standard is higher (576p), though I think not enough these days.

20 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Wow, I didn't know they were still making DVDs in 2019! Unbelievable! How's the quality? American NTSC DVD 480p screen res. height standard seems so low these days.

European PAL DVD standard is higher (576p), though I think not enough these days.

dvds are pretty old but do still have there uses today as some old classic movies like universal horror movies can only be watched thru dvd methods pretty much

Edited by legacyfan
fixed capitalisation of post

3 hours ago, legacyfan said:

DVDs Are Pretty Old But Do Have There Uses There Are Even Some Old Classics That Can Only Be Watched On DVD Nowadays As That's The Only Thing There Made On

It's very hard to read when every word is capslocked and/or capitalized, sorry, I shan't read your reply, There are widely accepted rules of English spelling and social behaviour. I was under the impression they also have them in your country.

Again, sorry, but I'll ignore.