What are you watching?

sunryze

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

Speaking about going to the cinema or theater ... I've developed a irrational phobia ... I used to go as a kid but been a very very long time since. 

I’m not a big moviegoer and stayed away from theaters for about three years due to Covid-19, but I don’t like to wait when a major science fiction film comes out. You should try to conquer this phobia of yours. I understand that The Room Next Door starring Julianne Moore is now being filmed. You should resolve to see that at a theater when it comes out! :)

49 minutes ago, Karla Sleutel said:

The latest trend of Hollywood - shoot actors until they literally die on the stage, and even after, in the undead condition.

That reminds me of the latest trend of our political parties here in the United States, which is OT but much more  disturbing. If any young Americans are reading this, gerontocracy is not normal! Please vote for someone who is under 70 years old in the future! (Unfortunately there is no such candidate remaining in the current presidential race.)

4 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

That reminds me of the latest trend of our political parties here in the United States, which is OT but much more  disturbing. If any young Americans are reading this, gerontocracy is not normal! Please vote for someone who is under 70 years old in the future! (Unfortunately there is no such candidate remaining in the current presidential race.)

Americans, take example from us, French.

12 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

The future of cinema (and everything else) belongs to the young, and the young are making Dune: Part Two a success:

Whom exactly do you call "young"?

Princess Irulan.

Original - Virginia Gayle Madsen (born September 11, 1961), 21 years old at the moment of filming in 1983.

Remake (weakest cast ever) - Princess Irulan.

Florence Pugh (/ p j uː / " PEW "; born 3 January 1996) - 28 years old! 

But probably still "young" for Christopher Walken, in his 80s.:buehehe:

12 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Whom exactly do you call "young"?

As the link I provided made clear, Hollywood is most interested in appealing to the 18 to 35 demographic because they are the most frequent moviegoers.

If you hope to conceal the fact that you have multiple MSFN accounts from anyone who pays attention, then you should try not to repeat the same phrases every time you reply to me:

On 1/28/2024 at 6:31 PM, Dixel said:

The main cast is weak...

On 3/13/2024 at 9:55 PM, Saxon said:

...the weak cast.

13 hours ago, D.Draker said:

(weakest cast ever)

As was the case with Close Encounters of the Third Kind back in 1977, Dune: Part Two is enjoying great commercial success in 2024 despite one disagreeable person’s remarks about the “weak” cast. :buehehe:

the lord of the rings movies where pretty good as well and are considered one of my 1 favorite movies series ever made

Edited by legacyfan

1 hour ago, legacyfan said:

the lotr movies where pretty good as well and are considered one of my 1 favorite movies series ever made

Assuming “lotr” means Lord of the Rings, I absolutely agree with you! I generally like science fiction more than fantasy, but LOTR was my favorite fantasy series, both the books by J.R.R. Tolkien and the Peter Jackson films.

I felt I was too old to read Harry Potter books when they appeared, but I think I have seen all the films. I wish someone who loved those books would comment on whether the films were good adaptations.

4 minutes ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Assuming “lotr” means Lord of the Rings, I absolutely agree with you! I generally like science fiction more than fantasy, but LOTR was my favorite fantasy series, both the books by J.R.R. Tolkien and the Peter Jackson films.

I felt I was too old to read Harry Potter books when they appeared, but I think I have seen all the films. I wish someone who loved those books would comment on whether the films were good adaptations.

ive watched the harry potter movies and there good but not my.most favorite ones to watch

10 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

If you hope to conceal the fact that you have multiple MSFN accounts from anyone who pays attention, then you should try not to repeat the same phrases every time you reply to me:

No, those all are written very differently, especially the last one - which is rather emphasising on the subject of time. The first one is by me, I still consider only the main actors cast to be questionable. The second one is by another member, where he thinks the whole cast is poor. I'm very sorry, you don't feel the English language like it was your mother tongue, it's very obvious, even to the naked eye of the topic reader. And I'm not trying to "imply" anything, I'm laying out my personal, very obvious observations.