What are you watching?

sunryze

4 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Hoda & Jenna

Are you a woman? I often watch Today Show in the morning, but always turn off the TV before Hoda & Jenna starts. In particular, I think Jenna only has a job at NBC because her father was President. Is she smart? Pretty? Neither of the above!

5 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Today With Hoda & Jenna

Never heard of it!

I technically don't watch "TV".  I have a few paid subscription streaming services and the Roku has hundreds of free apps.

I stopped paying for TV when rampant "reverse prejudice" and blatant "agenda pushing" became mainstream in *ALL* commercials.

May just be my portion of the US, but yeah, it CHURNS MY STOMACH that *ALL* dentist commercials use FEMALE ACTRESSES to portray the "dentist" - REVERSE PREJUDICE, as if my SON isn't allowed to become a dentist.

NOTHING against female dentists !!!

But if (making up a number) 50% of dentists in the industry are female, then why are 100% of them females in tv commercials?

Sorry, it's just little things like that that literally CHURNS MY STOMACH.

And why do tv commercials always always ALWAYS have to portray an LBGTQ "couple"?

</end rant>

Has anyone else watched the Netflix series Wednesday, which revolves around the Wednesday Addams character from the Addams Family franchise, who is now a High School student? I’m rather old to be watching a teenage comedy, but I’ve been fascinated by the Wednesday Addams character ever since the 1993 film Addams Family Values, in which Wednesday was played by Christina Ricci (and strongly resembled a girlfriend I once had). I’m sure that was the film that inspired a series about Wednesday. You’ve only missed 8 episodes thus far, but Season 2 is coming. Her’s an official promotional video (one of many) on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di310WS8zLk

A surprising number of mental health professionals have been commenting on Wednesday. (The character might plausibly be interpreted as autistic, among other issues.) Here’s one commentary on Episode 1 (the same therapist has commented separately on all 8 episodes of Season 1):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EifMK_Ko2gg

Edited by Vistapocalypse
link repair

23 minutes ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Here’s one commentary on Episode 1

May just be a slight bit of ADHD setting in (they called it ADD when I was a kid, loved it because math was my favorite subject), but I had to stop watching as soon as I saw it was going to take 23 minutes.

Which usually just means I'll watch it at some time I know at the start that I have 23 minutes to kill.  :whistle:

I'm thinking they had similar "commentary" regarding one of the lawyers in Boston Legal  ???

3 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Are you a woman? I often watch Today Show in the morning, but always turn off the TV before Hoda & Jenna starts. In particular, I think Jenna only has a job at NBC because her father was President. Is she smart? Pretty? Neither of the above!

No I'm not a woman, and you know that but I assume you're being sarcastic so I'll take it as a joke. I actually like Jenna and find her refreshing and delightful to watch and I do think she is (both) smart and pretty, you know beauty is not only physical but its what counts on the inside and she is lovely, sincere, and compassionate and an excellent host. Sorry to hear you're so shallow, I'm glad I"m not and I feel sorry for people that are this way. Sigh :rolleyes:

Edited by XPerceniol

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Never heard of it!

I technically don't watch "TV".  I have a few paid subscription streaming services and the Roku has hundreds of free apps.

I stopped paying for TV when rampant "reverse prejudice" and blatant "agenda pushing" became mainstream in *ALL* commercials.

May just be my portion of the US, but yeah, it CHURNS MY STOMACH that *ALL* dentist commercials use FEMALE ACTRESSES to portray the "dentist" - REVERSE PREJUDICE, as if my SON isn't allowed to become a dentist.

NOTHING against female dentists !!!

But if (making up a number) 50% of dentists in the industry are female, then why are 100% of them females in tv commercials?

Sorry, it's just little things like that that literally CHURNS MY STOMACH.

And why do tv commercials always always ALWAYS have to portray an LBGTQ "couple"?

</end rant>

No disrespect but if you don't watch TV them how do you know EVERY commercial appears to you to "always always ALWAYS have to portray an LBGTQ "couple"?" Always?!?!? and its LGBTQIA and I see few and far in between such commercials (and even if every commercial contained such would that be so bad so long as such commercials are respectful in nature and not sexual?) and regrettably while not saddened by/from Vistapocalypse your posting let me down a little and I'm disappointed in you for feeling this way :( I didn't see this coming and not from you. Suddenly I feel a bit depressed. You *should* know me better and know I don't "preach" or "promote" anything and my only agenda is to 'live and let live' and be left alone in real life as other people are too narrow-minded and postings like the last 2 make me realize I'm better off with my own company for the sake of what is left of my sanity.

Edited by XPerceniol

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

No disrespect but if you don't watch TV them how do you know EVERY commercial appears to you to "always always ALWAYS have to portray an LBGTQ "couple"?" Always?!?!? and its LGBTQIA and I see few and far in between such commercials (and even if every commercial contained such would that be so bad so long as such commercials are respectful in nature and not sexual?) and regrettably while not saddened by/from Vistapocalypse your posting let me down a little and I'm disappointed in you for feeling this way :( I didn't see this coming and not from you. Suddenly I feel a bit depressed. You *should* know me better and know I don't "preach" or "promote" anything and my only agenda is to 'live and let live' and be left alone in real life as other people are too narrow-minded and postings like the last 2 make me realize I'm better off with my own company for the sake of what is left of my sanity.

Don't mind him, know who your real friends are! LGBTQIA are the good guys, in my opinion, first - they broaden your horizons in dating, second - they contribute to the planet de-pop, what could be better?

Tell me, who would want to date just one woman? It's boring! It's something we only did as early teens during the school years! But now...

So, on one hand, you can live a boring life, on the other, you can always find a girl with another girlfriend, and that is so fun! I always enjoy sitting in a nice restaurant with two girls, not to mention the other part of what we do (which can't be discussed here!).

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Vistapocalypse your posting let me down a little and I'm disappointed in you for feeling this way :(

Vistapocalypse is well known to do that, better to block his account, so that user won't disturb you.

5 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

I think Jenna only has a job at NBC because her father was President.

I stand by that statement despite hostile replies. I’ll bet our European members have never been subjected to Hoda & Jenna in any case.

3 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

I stand by that statement despite hostile replies. I’ll bet our European members have never been subjected to Hoda & Jenna in any case.

@XPerceniolcould care less about Honda or whatever, he got sick because you called him a woman, despite the fact you perfectly know he's not. It's the same as if I knew you were a man, but called you a transgender anyways.