Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

Here You Go!  THREE YouTube tabs on XP x86 SP2 VM with 2 GB RAM!

Audio was a bit choppy (but come on, who listens to THREE videos simultaneously!)  And that comes from a guy that DOES watch TWO televisions simultaneously!

No crashes for a good five minutes of this "unrealistic scenario" - but I didn't let it run for 3hrs either.

Did the test twice because the first screencap I forgot to have the v13 build version dialog open as proof.

spacer.png

Edited by ArcticFoxie

6 hours ago, dmiranda said:

1) On vanilla first run, gets a connection from source www.gstatic.com, 172.217.173.3. It does not appear on second run and beyond.

3) No other suspicious connection. But some extension(s) -can't figure out which one(s)- connects (sometimes) to 172.217.172.72 and 172.217.172.174.

follow-up note: IPs not in chrome.dll...  this connection is Chromium/Chrome and not 360Chrome, not sure if I can break this but still digging...

6 hours ago, Greyfox77 said:

Cisco webex only works on 360! but unfortunately it crashes after a while

I'm hoping to have a rebuild of Build 1054 posted sometime over the next couple of days.

I would be interested on Cisco Webex feedback once the rebuild is ready.

Build 1054 Note:

file 13581 for 2206/2250 = file 13579 for 1054

This is the Incognito "background" - I have opted to remove it completely but the file is just a compressed .gz if other users want to keep this "background".

I leave these Russian/Chinese translations for those that opt to keep the "background".

On 7/9/2021 at 2:55 PM, ArcticFoxie said:

Audio was a bit choppy (but come on, who listens to THREE videos simultaneously!)  And that comes from a guy that DOES watch TWO televisions simultaneously!

Ha ha. The trick is to set up a playlist in one tab, then switching to another to change the mood, every now an then. :P

On 7/9/2021 at 4:56 PM, ArcticFoxie said:

I'm hoping to have a rebuild of Build 1054 posted sometime over the next couple of days.

I would be interested on Cisco Webex feedback once the rebuild is ready.

Sorry, I've been tied up ... Yeah right ... I wish. Kidding of course (or am I?!) =P

I'll try to catch up on your work tomorrow. I didn't get a chance to test your latest build, but you said you abounded it anyway so I'll wait. Unfortunately, this is getting (way) over my head sad to admit it. When I did test it last week, I didn't have more than 1 tab open, and everything worked well.

Here's a test version of Build 1054.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0nqo7onxktw9lo/MSFN-share%20-%20%20360Chrome%2013.0.1054%20-%20unran.zip

Like all other Chromium/Chrome forks out there, it will do a gstatic connection on first run and first run only - this is still on the to-do list.

None of the resources.pak modifications have been done yet - so you will have a lot of English errors still present because these are the original Chinese/Russian translations into "broken English".

Took three days to get this far and the resources.pak file is formatted differently than newer builds so those modifications are back-burnered until after we do some trial-run tests.

I'm especially interested in Cisco Webex feedback, YouTube feedback, Instagram feedback, and XP x86 SP2 feedback.

Those seem to be the most problematic but if you have known problem sites from your own experience, let's throw those at it also.

I was able to run three YouTube tabs on XP x86 SP2 with 2GB RAM so I'm a bit optimistic this go around.

Keep me posted...

9 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I'm especially interested in Cisco Webex feedback, YouTube feedback, Instagram feedback, and XP x86 SP2 feedback.

Those seem to be the most problematic but if you have known problem sites from your own experience, let's throw those at it also.

I was able to run three YouTube tabs on XP x86 SP2 with 2GB RAM so I'm a bit optimistic this go around.

Hi

There is a problem with the switch in the taskbar between IE and webkit with version 1054 and 1106. I'm running webkit and if I switch to IE, it won't switch back to webkit on the web page I'm looking at. I have to go to setting/advanced and the "Kernels witching setting" button to remove IE websites. I don't have this problem with version 2206 which automatically restores the default webkit mode. With an old Pentium 4 at 3 GHz on x86 xp2 and 2 Gb ram, the videos on youtube are bad with all versions of 360Chrome (1054,1106,2206), there are crackles on the sound and the video jerks in 720.  360Chrome leverages the GPU partially from my Ati radeon 4650 AGP graphics card and uses much more CPU resources. Newmoon uses ~ 40% less CPU resources for the same video at the same 720 resolution.
The problem comes from the 360Chrome on weak machines. 360Chrome uses a lot more CPU than New Moon and causes slowdowns and crackles on video and sound.

The CPU resources are to be expected.  I'll forego the very long-winded argument on that.

Weak machines really just can't handle the modern web and we have to resort to a "balancing act".

Aside from crackle and video jerks in 720, is the test-release of Build 1054 at least STABLE and doesn't crash like the newer versions you folks were reporting?

Edited by ArcticFoxie

10 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

None of the resources.pak modifications have been done yet - so you will have a lot of English errors still present because these are the original Chinese/Russian translations into "broken English".

Typo - meant to say en-US.pak.

Based on the 2206 build, there are 130 files that need modified out of a total 4,290 files contained within en-US.pak - all to fix typos and grammatical errors for 2206.

The 1054 en-US.pak contains 4,184 files and if they contain the same exact file names as 2206 then this part should go fairly quickly.

edit - only three files in and the file names are already different...  oh well, shouldn't take too long...

Edited by ArcticFoxie

10 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Here's a test version of Build 1054.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0nqo7onxktw9lo/MSFN-share%20-%20%20360Chrome%2013.0.1054%20-%20unran.zip

Like all other Chromium/Chrome forks out there, it will do a gstatic connection on first run and first run only - this is still on the to-do list.

Took three days to get this far and the resources.pak file is formatted differently than newer builds so those modifications are back-burnered until after we do some trial-run tests.

Keep me posted...

I will try it as soon as possible. I still use build 2206 and i think crashes get worse the more I use it. Now it can crash although not very frequently even when i am not on youtube, just browsing a regular page not a web app.

1 hour ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Aside from crackle and video jerks in 720, is the test-release of Build 1054 at least STABLE and doesn't crash like the newer versions you folks were reporting?

I was forced to clean my registry, the portable version 360_extreme_explorer_13.0.2250 had left significant traces, then the version 2206 and 1054 and does not pose any problem and works well without crashes  for me...

The 1054 has a bug with the swich web kit and IE

I prefer the version 2206 v2 :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, IXOYE said:

I was forced to clean my registry, the portable version 360_extreme_explorer_13.0.2250 had left significant traces, then the version 2206 and 1054 and does not pose any problem and works well without crashes  for me...

The 1054 has a bug with the swich web kit and IE

I prefer the version 2206 v2 :rolleyes:

What program do you use to clean the registry from traces of 360?