Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

@ArcticFoxie , @XPerceniolSpeaking of Gurgle IPs, I tend to think 2206 is more "gurgle friendly" , it talks to gurgle more often compared to 1106. I guess it's quite safe to use it for now . But do block those IPs , trind to find them . I still have this list somewhere , can't find right now.

Also , I would recommend blocking ALL inbound traffic for 360chrome.exe on all ports with yout firewall. And block outbound for UDP port 5353 and IP 224.0.0.251 – multicast IPv4 address , mDNS multicasts a UDP packet to it. (at least with 1106)

Edited by Dixel
a typo

8 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Yeah , right , though I do not think any users from the States / Europe would wanna revert back the chinese settings/engines. We are not modding this for anyone , except us (an extremely limited group of members from the West) in the end.

The way I see it is that there is a HUGE difference between modifying 360Chrome for general use and creating something that we should probably call "Iron Redux" (SRWare Iron 2.0 ?).

Rewriting chrome.dll for some minor tweaks is one thing, rewriting it where it drops from its original file size of 113 MB or so all the way down to 40 MB because of how much we "took out" is for whoever wants to come along and create "Iron Redux"  :cool:

12 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Change the cache location, will empty the cache and relaunch 360Chrome.  -->  Changing cache location will empty the cache and relaunch 360Chrome  ==  file 6070

PS: Don't put the directory in USB Disk or Portable Device.  -->  PS - don't put the directory on a USB disk or portable device  ==  file 6071

Holy cow ... I was just about to create an image and post this very question (as its blank). I didn't change it but wondered why would I want the cache on my computer if I"m running it from a pen drive (though I'm not doing that, but do want it 'portable' still to avoid applicationdata directories). Couldn't it be put somewhere withing the man folder itself. Don't know if I put that right. Again, I feel a bit bad for my lack of knowledge here.

Edited by XPerceniol

I do have these blocked , chrome often sends requests there . 

RESERVED for adding more. It's those IPs from that article.

172.217.0.0 - 172.217.30.255 May interfere with the store , I block it anyway.

216.58.192.0 - 216.58.222.255 Didn't notice any "good" blocked sites. Safe to block .

216.137.32.0 - 216.156.255.255. Safe to block .

Do not forget :

Google continues to send data from EU websites to the US - despite two Court of Justice rulings. Austrian Data Protection Authority could fine Google up to €6 billion.

""Google has to hand over all data under US law. It's grotesque that they argue to have fences and signs - US survillance laws are also applicable behind fences. Standard encryption doesn't help either, as Google is required to hand over encryption keys too. In 2019 alone, they gave the US government data on foreigners more than 201,000 times." – Max Schrems, Honorary Chairman of noyb.eu"

https://noyb.eu/en/austrian-dpa-has-option-fine-google-eu6-billion

Edited by Dixel
added more

1 minute ago, XPerceniol said:

Holy cow ... I was just about to create an image and post this very question (as its blank). I didn't change it but wondered why would I want the cache on my computer if I"m running it from a pen drive (though I'm not doing that, but do want it 'portable' still). Couldn't it be put somewhere withing the folder itself. Don't know if I put that right.

I don't change it either.

I use the portable and configure the .ini to delete the cache on exit, coupled with the Settings - Advanced -> Clear browsing data settings

Settings - Lab

Enable "image magnifying"  -->  Enable magnifier  ==  file 6328

Hide "image magnifying" icon to free up more areas to display images  -->  Hide magnifier to allow more space to display images  ==  file 6329

Manage the enabled web site  -->  Manage enabled website  ==  file 6243

Manage the enabled site…  -->  Manage enabled website  ==  file 6330

Settings - Lab

When memory takes up too much, auto discard background tabs  -->  Automatically discard background tabs when browser uses too much RAM  ==  file 6331

When memory takes up too much, remind me to clean up  -->  Reminder to optimize memory when browser uses too much RAM  ==  file 6332

Remind me to clean up when the cache takes up too much disk space  -->  Reminder to clean cache when cache uses too much disk space  ==  file 6333

Prerender the links below the mouse  -->  Prerender link below mouse  ==  file 6334

Speed up the download with the thundercloud acceleration engine  -->  Enable Thunder download manager  ==  file 6325

Enable the use of experimental DirectWrite font rendering system  -->  Use experimental DirectWrite font rendering  ==  file 6320

popup opens in a new tab  -->  Pop-ups open in new tab  ==  file 6321

IE kernal popup opens in a new tab  -->  IE kernel - pop-ups open in new tab  ==  file 6323

IE kernal enable data execution prevention(DEP)  -->  IE kernel - enable Data Execution Prevention (DEP)  ==  file 6324

forbid operating system virtual keyboard  -->  Disable operating system virtual keyboard  ==  file 6322

Using battery, show save power mode button  -->  Show Power Save button when running on battery  ==  file 6630 [note: Power Save button displays Chinese characters on mouse-hover]

Selecting power mode, battery level low than  -->  When battery level below  ==  file 6631

, will auto enter.  -->  then automatically enter Power Save mode  ==  file 6632 [note: requires padding in a future fix]

Enable And Show Snap Plugin In Toolbar  -->  Enable and show  ==  file 6638

Enable But Hide Snap Plugin In Toolbar  -->  Enable but hide  ==  file 6640

Disable And Hide Snap Plugin In Toolbar  -->  Disable and hide  ==  file 6639 [note: this is the default when none are selected]

Edited by ArcticFoxie

Settings - Content settings

Allow local data to be set (recommended)  -->  Allow local data to be set  ==  file 8641

Keep local data only until you quit your browser  -->  Delete local data when browser is closed  ==  file 8642

Block accessing records.  -->  Block accessing records  ==  file 5829

Manage exceptions…  -->  Manage exceptions  ==  file 8707

All cookies and site data…  -->  Stored cookies and site data  ==  file 8708

Show all images (recommended)  -->  Show all images  ==  file 6103

Allow all sites to run JavaScript (recommended)  -->  Allow all sites to run JavaScript  ==  file 8668

Allow sites to ask to become default handlers for protocols (recommended)  -->  Allow sites to ask to become default handlers for protocols  ==  file 8671

Manage handlers…  -->  Manage handlers  ==  file 8709

Automatic downloads  -->  Automatic downloads  ==  file 4832

Run automatically (recommended)  -->  Run automatically  ==  file 6096

Disable individual plug-ins…  -->  Disable individual plugins  ==  file 6099

Ask when a site tries to track your physical location (recommended)  -->  Ask when a site tries to track your physical location  ==  file 8684

Ask when a site wants to show notifications (recommended)  -->  Ask when a site wants to show notifications  ==  file 8692

Full screen  -->  Full Screen  ==  file 358

Mouse cursor lock  -->  Mouse Cursor  ==  file 5882

Ask when a site tries to disable the mouse cursor (recommended)  -->  Ask when a site tries to disable the mouse cursor  ==  file 6480

Ask when a site requires access to your microphone (recommended)  -->  Ask when a site requires access to your microphone  ==  file 8652

Ask when a site requires access to your camera (recommended)  -->  Ask when a site requires access to your camera  ==  file 8654

Ask when a site requires access to your camera and microphone (recommended)  -->  Ask when a site requires access to your camera and microphone  ==  file 8650 [note: I think this only shows on certain hardware]

Hi @ArcticFoxie

I am currently trying build 2206. Works great except youtube. For some reason, cookies are deleted after each session. I had to change that from the settings. It probably is better to be the default.

I think you should create another thread so people can find easily your modified versions. Here it is not easy to find them.

I do have it set up by default to delete cookies and cache after every session.

Users that prefer to save cookies and cache will have to change a setting or two.

I'll probably create a thread specific to Build 2206 once I complete this weekend's modifications and upload again.

You can try this - with 360Chrome closed, edit the 360Loader.ini file so that the [RunAfter] section contains only the following, save the new .ini, then launch 360Chrome with the new .ini  --

DirRemove=%Profile%\safemon|e
DirRemove=%Profile%\Webstore Downloads|e
DirRemove=%Profile%\BrowserMetrics*
DirRemove=%Profile%\ShaderCache
FileDelete=%Profile%\*-journal*;chrome_shutdown_ms*;switch_core*;*.log
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\*.tmp;*-journal;log;log.old;*.log
FileDelete=.\Chrome\Application\*.log
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Cache
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Code Cache
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\GPUCache
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Media Cache
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Pepper Data