The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

Hi everyone ... I've missed you all very much and I MEAN IT! Thank you for the kind words I've read.

A lot has happened to me and I don't even know where to start; but I'll try.

1st: I got Covid In April and lost all of my functions in including (what's left of) my mind and I'm far from recovered yet - not 100%

2nd: I was evicted from the housing I was living and I'm now in a group home that is just down the street from where I used to live. One-by-one they were evicting handicap disabled folks to turn the building into luxury housing and I was on that list; sadly. I''m a little safer here but I'm also limited on how much time I can spend online.

3rd: My Peace Lilly died. 

I'm happy to be back here as I've always considered this my home. I realized not everyone will be thrilled but that is ok.

I hope to spend more time relearning what Covid took from me and getting into these new browsers and updated I see listed but I have low energy atm.

Be well and happy holidays to all.

~Salvatore

Oh my, welcome back, my man! I was completely worried about your long activity form this forum. I almost thought you passed away, but I am glad you are still alive! I am thrilled! A lot (and I mean, really a LOT) has happened in this forum while you were inactive, catch up and see them. I'm sorry for what has happened to you during your inactivity from this forum. Hopefully you get better soon.

Speaking of which, a modern Chromium browser is on its way to Windows XP next year. :)

Edited by mina7601

Lol ... I thought I was going to die for a while. Covid robbed me of my fine motor skills and short-term memory. But I'm alive when others did die. The say it can take up to a year to fully recover. Strange thing is I was in denial and only thought I had a bad cold until my body took and turn for the worst and wound up in the hospital and they confirmed it. Even now, a thought will enter my head and then its gone and I lose track easily. Takes me several times to even log it correctly. But, again, I'm alive and here to talk about it.

Yeah, sucks when people can't get along on forums as I did read some of what happened while I was gone and its too bad, but you and legacyfan and sunrize are here. I know things change as change is inevitable. This always seems to happen on forums and just when you think you have a friend, given enough time, the true colors shine though. I had to learn this the hard way and even just 1 or 2 connections on a forum is reason enough to stay.

Good to know a modern chromium is on the way - thanks for the heads up.

Take care.

Edited by XPerceniol

3 minutes ago, Dixel said:

@XPerceniol, please accept my cordial greetings and best wishes for the recovery!

Thank you ... I ran out of likes and a reply is better anyway.

I appreciate the greeting and best wishes ... I know I"ll get there because I'm determined to fully recover.

Hope you are well.

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Thank you ... I ran out of likes and a reply is better anyway.

I appreciate the greeting and best wishes ... I know I"ll get there because I'm determined to fully recover.

Hope you are well.

Oh, don't worry - it's fine, I appreciate your reply! About the likes, it had been said in the site news, Tripredacus had drastically reduced the number of likes you can give, I think it's now only 9 per day, I don't remember exactly. And I'm not sure I follow the reason.

4 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Lol ... I thought I was going to die for a while. Covid robbed me of my fine motor skills and short-term memory. But I'm alive when others did die. The say it can take up to a year to fully recover. Strange thing is I was in denial and only thoughts I had a bad cold until my body took and turn for the worst and wound up in the hospital and they confirmed it. Even now, a thought will enter my head and then its gone and I lose track easily. Takes me several times to even log it correctly. But, again, I'm alive and here to talk about it.

Yeah, sucks when people can't get along on forums as I did read some of what happened while I was gone and its too bad, but you and legacyfan and sunrize are here. I know things change as change is inevitable. This always seems to happen on forums and just when you think you have a friend, given enough time, the true colours shine though. I had to learn this the hard way and even just 1 or 2 connections on a forum is reason enough to stay.

@XPerceniolgreetings and welcome back! I'm so glad you're with us, I hope you recover and join the discussions to the full extent! Yes, I guess we all saw the rather unpleasant topic where he/they kinda made it sound as if you are dead/departed. As always, I tried to stand by you , but then Tommy intervened and suggested to simply ignore him/they/it/their, that's what I'm currently doing, it seems the stalking have stopped (for now), perhaps you also try that, too?

I know it's hard, especially after what they wrote, but better save your strength for the recovery process? Maybe it's not worth to dwell in the past?

I beg you, please stop digging that old locked topic from the grave. I thought we were already over with it. This is like the 3rd time you mentioned that old locked topic already. It's supposed to be forgotten.

Edited by mina7601

My iguana went straight trough the window today. No damage to the iguana, in case either of you's wondering. It's the window on the second floor of my house. Looks like someone throw a piece of furniture from the inside of the house, nothing that interesting, but the fact iguanas can do that - is. Some may wonder why, simple - mating season, hormones.

On 11/21/2023 at 10:26 AM, mina7601 said:

Which is why I wrote: "OK, being on-topic (because I find the above very unnecessary IMO)". I was also afraid that jaclaz might get offended, which is also why I wrote that. Anyway, I would like to move on from this subject, please. Thanx very much.

It's very simple, don't start off-topic discussions then. I login to the website, go to "unread posts", and what do I see? Right, one million of your posts about having not enough likes. Please stop, you ruin jaclaz's pleasant experience on the forum, I'm pretty sure it would be boring for him, it's spam.

On 11/21/2023 at 10:26 AM, mina7601 said:

I beg you, please stop digging that old locked topic from the grave. I thought we were already over with it. 

On 11/21/2023 at 1:33 AM, mina7601 said:

The like/upvote limit seems to be 10 per day, actually.

I beg you, please stop digging that old locked "rep farming" topic from the grave. I thought we were already over it. But if you still have questions, or not satisfied with the new upvotes limit, please contact, thank you:

https://msfn.org/board/profile/94953-tripredacus/

While I understand your frustration, I can't ease your pain.