The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

6 minutes ago, msfntor said:

My eyes are burning from all this.... I'm off to bed, extra early tonight, good night to you all!

Good night ... we always seem to miss each other ... hope you are well I'm doing pretty good today.

21 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I just feel so insignificant because I don't know much about computers and I get lost easily.

It's a wide spectrum. I guess I just know few bits there and there.

I used to write patches for some old games, those that nobody bothered with. So got tiny bit of taste of x86 assembly and C. It was nice, to work by myself at my own pace. Got asked few times how you do these things and I've honestly no idea how to explain them, it's not something for a forum post.

A friend back then suggested I could ask for donations. I think I only said I dunno or something, later, my thoughts were money just ruins everything.

Had to get a "real" job at some point, after which I eventually abandoned all my work, which could still use some polishing touches. No energy/will for these things anymore. Financially stable, for now...other than that just flowing through existence, putting one foot in front of another, day by day...

Ugh, several months ago I submitted Slovenian translation for Stylem extension (for UXP browsers), realized few days afterwards that I should really change the wording of one string as the most direct translation just comes out wrong and dumb in Slovenian, still haven't got to it...

21 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Eh. You can already know today's weather by this website: https://weather.com/weather/today/

Having it in the taskbar is neat IMO, but I'm more bothered by the fact something's broken in my installation.

I bumped up my Windows 10 version for few builds recently for some bugfixes of interest, funny I was doing it in the late evening and I passed out shortly after inputting DISM command to install the update package. Must have taken a while and when I woke up in the morning - "The operation completed successfully." - phew! Booting took significantly longer than usual and so did logging in, but it seems to have stabilized after few days.

7 hours ago, msfntor said:

A happy and enjoyable life...constantly moving for others before all... resting sometimes... being open, learning, always with a smile for others...the recipe for a good life is in the Bible...read this article I've found: What Is The Good Life & How To Attain It: https://positivepsychology.com/good-life/

Thanks, will read.

It's difficult with all the toxicity out there.

Does looking at your screen burn your eyes? My screen is better if I adjust the brightness.

4 hours ago, msfntor said:

My eyes are burning from all this.... I'm off to bed, extra early tonight, good night to you all!

I'll try to be positive.

2 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Must have taken a while and when I woke up in the morning - "The operation completed successfully." - phew! Booting took significantly longer than usual and so did logging in, but it seems to have stabilized after few days.

Phew, indeed! That's really great to know things got stable for you.