Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

Challenging the Crap.  MacBook W10 Insider updated to 14352 with no apparent issues.  However, I downloaded and installed Dropbox that some people say breaks W10.  Just checking to see if Dropbox breaks 14352 or will the protective MacBook not let that happen?  ;-)  W10 really loves the Apple!

bookie32, its not just about "recommended update" or upgrade... or whatever
they have "Fast ring" which is buggy crap they dump weekly i guess, and "Slow ring" which is like "stable" but still bugged haha

its laughable to me but oh what the hell...

It seems that MS is not the only crap dealer.  With Dropbox installed on 14352, three different browsers black screened.  Or maybe it was Win 10 that is the crap enabler.  Uninstalled Dropbox and 14352 stabilized.  The manual hold down the power off button was the only way to get control back for Win 10.  Just a software crap cocktail.  Now it's wait and see what else shows up.  The MacBook did black screen nicely.  No clean install was necessary to get Win 10 back this time.  I hope MS makes it to August without black screening the company.  Yes, the comedy continues.

3 hours ago, BudwS said:

Smile on my face today.  A little less crap going out the door at the shop with the directive to stop Win 10 updates.  A good crapless day!

Hi! Previously we suggest everyone to update windows but nowadays dew to MS actives we are asking to disable updates.

I am happy with XP as MS is not sending craps through Posready updates because they know that they cannot bloat  a posterminal or  a atm machines which is having 64MB or 128Mb Ram

Still ! they can send such things so i am keeping  auto updates disable only once visit in patch tuesday.

just watched randomly on youtube this years MS presentation
man it was so funny, especially when you see what dumbos come to persuade people into some fanatic pipe dream

and then there is that Mandela or whatever his name is that replaced Sinofsky
haha freaking Ghandi, but cool he is responsible for more than billion $$$ loses

then again, thats what you get when you're 10 years behind the curve haha

Received yesterday evening, an eMail from the Windows Insider Program...

Hello Windows Insider –

We just released some exciting news about Windows Holographic – the platform included with Windows 10 – which powers the amazing mixed reality experiences available on Microsoft HoloLens.

Starting soon, Windows Holographic will be coming to devices of all shapes and sizes – from fully immersive virtual reality to fully untethered holographic computing.

Imagine wearing a VR device and seeing your physical hands as you manipulate an object, working on the scanned 3D image of a real object, or bringing the holographic representation of another person into your virtual world so you can collaborate. This is what we mean by mixed reality – where we break down the barriers between virtual and physical reality.

We are dramatically expanding the potential of these mixed reality experiences on Windows 10 by inviting our partners to build PCs, displays, accessories and mixed reality devices with the Windows Holographic platform.

For more details, check out our blog here. The blog includes a fascinating video that captures our vision of the not too distant future. We'll continue to keep you up-to-date on the latest developments in this story.

Now more than ever, this is an exciting time to be a Windows Insider!

Thanks!

The Windows Insider Team

I can honestly say I have never hoped to wear a VR device and interact with the virtual world via my physical hands.  Perhaps I'm an old dinosaur.  Does that actually sound attractive to some folks?  It must be something they think is wanted by video game generations.  I can imagine it would improve games.

Thing is, when I *do* try to imagine it, I imagine that there will be misregistration and delays that will serve to make the user violently nauseous.  This is MICROSOFT we're talking about here.  Never known for perfection in anything.  I wonder if you'll be able to easily clean the inside of the HoloLens device.

So far the most exciting time for me was when Windows NT first came out.

-Noel

8 minutes ago, NoelC said:

So far the most exciting time for me was when Windows NT first came out.

... maybe you should add "(related to computers)" or something to the same effect ;)

jaclaz

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:08 AM, jaclaz said:

... maybe you should add "(related to computers)" or something to the same effect ;)

Eh?  Why?

9 hours ago, BudwS said:

Crap Meter Adjustment:  Windows 10 Insider Preview 14372 has run error free for over a day on both the MacBook and the Dell laptop.

Up to 0.2 on a scale of 10.  Not bad!

-Noel

On 6/26/2016 at 9:23 PM, NoelC said:

Eh?  Why?

Up to 0.2 on a scale of 10.  Not bad!

-Noel

Another surge upward to 0.201 on a scale of 10.  The Apple Boot Camp Manager appears to have stabilized 14372 with the Boot Camp Control Panel.  Moved back and forth between Apple OS X and Win 10 error free.  And the bonus was 14376 has installed cleanly , Narrator still works, Narrator still turns off and Boot Camp Manager still has control.  (As an aside, what's $10,000 here and there?) [for M$ that is]

EDIT:  Crap Meter slid:  0.199 on a scale of 10.  14379 appears to have undone the benefit that Apple Boot Camp Manager did for 14372.  Back to the Black Screen on the first boot from a normal Win 10 power down.  A manual power down then enables Win 10 to boot correctly.  One step upward, two steps down.  Even the $120 M$ will pay someone to run W10 after this first year isn't enough.  No wait.  They want to charge $120 for W10, go figure!

Edited by BudwS
Results of W10 update.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see: Out of 8 computers I know of that ran Windows 10, only 2 of 8 work properly and those two computers contain an ssd...

I've talked to online players in video games, one person I know says it works fine with his regular hard drive. Three others said it sucks...

So...
3 out of 12 computers w/ Windows 10 work properly ._.

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

19 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

Let's see: Out of 8 computers I know of that ran Windows 10, only 2 of 8 work properly and those two computers contain an ssd...

I've talked to online players in video games, one person I know says it works fine with his regular hard drive. Three others said it sucks...

So...
3 out of 12 computers w/ Windows 10 work properly ._.

OK:

75% -> Windows 10 doesn't work properly

25%-> Windows 10 does work properly

An interesting trend!  Maybe it's close to the launch date!

Still waiting for the Boot Camp Win 10 startup black screen problem to be fixed.  14388 downloading now.  It feels like its coming down the crap chute.  Maybe this is a crap shoot.

Edit:  No solution.  The pile at the end of the chute just got a little larger.  Yup, both crap chute and crap shoot.

Edited by BudwS
New information.