Missing Update for Aero Glass for Windows 10 2004/2009 from Big Muscle

tr4yw4y69

Yah, there's been a few times before where it took Big Muscle a while to update Aeroglass to support a new version of Win10.   I think this might be the first one that it gets lapped.   IE the October update will come out before BigMuscle had a chance to make it work with the spring update :(

I ended up uninstalling Aeroglass as I'd deferred months and months of security updates to keep it working.   If Aeroglass ever gets caught up again, I'll gladly reinstall it.  For now I'm setting with a dark theme and accent.

I wouldn't mind to pay for this software if it comes with full support for W10. I wonder why BM doesn't release a paid version. If it is under $40 it will sell well IMO

Edited by tyranus7

If anyone is desperate for another alternative to AeroGlass8+ (Although nothing will ever be as good, compared to what bigmuscle gave us). 

The two software's do require a fee, but i'm sure there are work arounds all over google to make them obtainable without a trial limit...

WindowsBlinds 10 - Works as intended with update 2004. The only downsides are that you're required to download skins yourself over DeviantArt for Vista Aero skins.

WindowsBlinds https://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/

Skin here: https://www.deviantart.com/fediafedia/art/Aero-Ultimate-FINAL-81684745

I hope bigmuscle can grant us an update for 2004 for, atleast for early 2021! At this rate, i'm thinking of moving back to Windows 7 just for aero. But this method works best for me now. There's just no see-through transparency, just blurred.

I tried Windowsblinds once recently, and once a few years ago when an Aeroglass update took a long while to come out.

It wasn't the same.   I pretty much use Aeroglass to make the Title/Menu bar and window borders transparent.   I'm not too fancy about it.   I found Windowsblinds didn't do as near a good a job.  It seem to barely make those things transparent :(

I decided to go dark mode, and went with making my menu/title bars black for now.   I'll go back to Aeroglass if we get an update.   The problem being I think we're about to get the big fall update, which will probably push progress further back.

My adventures with windowblinds ended when I did the first restart of Firefox as the title bar wasn't changed on it. 

And to my horror without any warnings windowblinds decided to nuke my custom userchrome.css file with it's own. 

What they said on Stardock forums, apparently windowblinds should have detected the presence of previous userchrome.css and do a backup of it. 

But instead of finding userchrome.css.bak like they claimed that it should have done, i just found that empty userchrome.css file. 

Best part of this was, when I was able to find copy of my original file using the windows file history feature, there was no difference in the appearance of the title bar or other parts of the browser with or without the windowblinds userchrome file. 

So i rather stay with the ugly windows 10 stock theme, than play around with windowblinds at all. 

Yeah, I tried WindowBlinds and hated it. Just bloatware crap that didn't look good to me at all. Windows 10 is extremely ugly without AeroGlass, but even uglier with WindowBlinds. I stopped using Stardock products back in the early Windows 8.X days. I don't really need or care about Windows security garbage updates, so I just stay on an older version of Windows 10 until AeroGlass support exists. I also still use Windows 7 and haven't used any Micro$lop updates for Windows 7 since probably 2014-2015. 

Even though I have donated to BM, Windows doesn't need transparency to look good.  It has its own transparency built in in different places, and that looks just great.  I use several third-party themes I have found on virtual customs site, and they suit me just fine.  I am an insider, and test each brand new build released each Wednesday, so I really can't just sit around and use an outdated version of Windows just to hold on to the transparency.

• 2 weeks later...

The fall windows update is now available.   For the first time I recall Aeroglass has been lapped  (No update for a major update before the next major update came out) :(

On 10/27/2020 at 6:23 AM, Zod said:

The fall windows update is now available.   For the first time I recall Aeroglass has been lapped  (No update for a major update before the next major update came out) :(

No more to say. A have spend round about 50.-EUR for that formally very good work. I used AG for 2.5 Years..... Good Deal?