Software compatible with Windows Vista Extended Kernel

WinClient5270

Just now, LiptonAcer said:

You can always try but I recommend a clone first
afterward the ideal is to have all the fixes for vista

Thanks bro, I will try this soon and I will comment on the results here, thanks for your help

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2020 at 12:54 PM, WinClient5270 said:

Here, you will find a list of software compatible with Windows Vista, after installing the new extended kernel by Win32. As this project is very new, this list will remain quite short for the time being. 

List:

BeamNG.Drive 0.16 and later

Chromium versions 53-73 beta (later versions currently do not work) [(Las versiones posteriores actualmente no funcionan)]

Firefox "classic" versions 53-56

Firefox Quantum version 57 and later

GIMP 2.10.18

Google Earth 7.3.3 and later

Interlink Mail client

Logitech Gaming Software 9.02

Opera 44 (later versions currently do not work)

Palemoon 28.x 

Rocket League

Thunderbird versions 53 and later

Waterfox Classic

Waterfox Current

Whatsapp

I will continue to update this list as more software is made compatible. [Continuaré actualizando esta lista a medida que más software sea compatible.] Feel free to contribute your own additions in the form of a reply to the topic, and I will add them ASAP. [Siéntase libre de contribuir con sus propias adiciones en forma de respuesta al tema y las agregaré lo antes posible.]

The current version of Cent Browser (2024) based on Chromium 118 works too.

CatsXP Browser current version (based on chromium 125) also works, some bugs, but it works.

https://www.centbrowser.com

https://www.catsxp.com

Note: the vast majority of programs compatible with Windows 7 work well with Windows Vista + Extended Kernel.

Browsers based on Chromium 109 can still work on Windows Vista.

Tested:
-Brave Browser (v1.47)
-Google Chrome v109
-Chromium v109
-Thorium Latest Version (v122)
-Firefox v116 (newer versions v125-126 do not work citing lack of a "mitigation" function in kernel32.dll)

Microsoft Edge Enterprise v109, you must try several times to open it, it seems that it is due to some deficiency or some bug that causes it to close when you start, after trying several times the program opens forcefully but works normally.

Windows Vista x64 Edition-2024-05-15-21-58-02.png

Windows Vista x64 Edition-2024-05-15-21-14-01.png

Windows Vista x64 Edition-2024-05-15-21-26-31.png

Edited by Tester Machine

Using Osver.ini to pretend that the system is Windows 7 we can install the .NET Framework Desktop Runtime. (obviously you need to have the Windows Server 2008 SHA-2 support update installed)

FastOS Vista x64 Ex v1-2024-06-03-16-29-23.png

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2024 at 5:13 PM, Tester Machine said:

CatsXP Browser current version (based on chromium 125) also works, some bugs, but it works.

Could be more specific about the bugs? Thank you.

On 7/10/2024 at 4:53 PM, Dixel said:

Could be more specific about the bugs? Thank you.

The errors are that some things do not work, some pages are blocked. After trying the version based on chromium 120, I did not find any problems. Version 125 (4.6.4) is the only one that can be run since other editions do not even open. When downloading files from the web it crashes, you must manually select where the downloads folder is so you can download files.

1 hour ago, ginger1234 said:

im getting this error

Latest versions of Chrome and Firefox are not compatible with Vista ExK and 7 anymore, Supermium and r3dfox are modified versions of those 2 browsers respectively that work on Vista and 7, so you should try those instead

23 hours ago, TSNH said:

Latest versions of Chrome and Firefox are not compatible with Vista ExK and 7 anymore, Supermium and r3dfox are modified versions of those 2 browsers respectively that work on Vista and 7, so you should try those instead

Latest Firefox works on Windows 7 with VxKex HOWEVER it crashes a lot, especially when you download a file.

It works without any problems on Windows 8.1+

Edited by yoltboy01