Software compatible with Windows Vista Extended Kernel

WinClient5270

21 minutes ago, legacyfan said:

I'm on 64bit vista now (its more compatible)

From what I remember you said that Vista x64 was never very stable for you, and now the return from Windows 7 is precisely to it? :)

Edited by mjd79

35 minutes ago, mjd79 said:

From what I remember you said that Vista x64 was never very stable for you, and now the return from Windows 7 is precisely to it? :)

I'm trying it again with a full up to date iso (with all updates to 2017 plus the extended kernal integrated)

rufus 3.22 works with the latest version of the extended kernal! with the os spoof method https://www.mediafire.com/view/u4pc51bj1vmfdvh/20230328_161833_HDR.jpg/file this is the latest version from this year (and made a vista setup flash drive with it (sorry for the blurred image)

Edited by legacyfan

On 3/27/2023 at 8:29 PM, mina7601 said:

Are you using the latest Extended Kernel version? At least using the version from March 6 should get it to run.

No because the normal installer gives me errors, and i tried making a config file for bizzbob's alternative installer but it doesn't work and crashes(i never made a config file for this so that's why it's crashing, i probably write something wrong). What can i do?

Edited by Scarf32

15 hours ago, Scarf32 said:

No because the normal installer gives me errors, and i tried making a config file for bizzbob's alternative installer but it doesn't work and crashes(i never made a config file for this so that's why it's crashing, i probably write something wrong). What can i do?

Sorry it took such a long time, but I've just added a new version that should work with the new Extended Kernel release. Be aware though that it has had very limited testing so far as I've unfortunately had very little time recently!

Edited by Bizzbob

7 hours ago, Bizzbob said:

Sorry it took such a long time, but I've just added a new version that should work with the new Extended Kernel release. Be aware though that it has had very limited testing so far as I've unfortunately had very little time recently!

Thank you! I'll try it and send results. Oh and sorry if insisted i didn't know that you didn't have much time

• 2 weeks later...

Guys i have the latest version of ext kernel but spotify still doesn't work. I noticed in @YukkuriSphoto that the shortcut is for "SpotifyLauncher.exe" located in C:\Program Files, what is it???? I have Spotify.exe shortcut located in Appdata\Roaming. And also the installer gives me: "Can't find entry point in TryAcquireSRWLockExclusive in Kernel32.dll". What do i have to do to get spotify working??????

New Malwarebytes works great with vista need jut to change windows 6.0 to windows 6.1 for install then remove the 1 from windows 6.1 after install. It crashes sometimes 

Edited by chicken

• 2 months later...