Software compatible with Windows Vista Extended Kernel

WinClient5270

1 hour ago, Cockatiel said:

depends.PNG

You need to download Dependency Walker in the appropriate version (x86 or x64) for the gallery, otherwise nothing meaningful will result.

On 3/9/2023 at 10:10 PM, mjd79 said:

For example, it caused Sony Vegas to be unable to load .NET libraries.

I managed to bypass the Discord updater, but this time I get a javascript error....

3989009900_1678392632.png

How did you manage to bypass the Discord updater on that portable version though?

13 minutes ago, Mixarium said:

How did you manage to bypass the Discord updater on that portable version though?

All you need to do is delete the updater.node file.

1 hour ago, mjd79 said:

@Zoomer88 You must use the revised version of the March 9 extended kernel, it is available in the mega.nz folder.

This version fixed the bug you are talking about.

/facepalm.

I should've went a couple of pages back. Thanks so much for such a quick answer! And for the link too. Indeed, the sound is working now. Firefox too. In fact, I'm typing this in my retro PC Vista now.

When I removed the local redirect for Firefox and returned the original exe back to where it was (without modified header) then restarted, Firefox was eating through CPU when launched (constant 98-99% without any websites opened). It's a Core 2 Duo E7600. But it went away as soon as I removed and then reinstalled Firefox. I haven't even deleted the user folder app data. So, everything's working now! Thanks again! Donates where are they due :D

Just a quick question: so the local redirect for Firefox is not possible, am I correct? I tried using this 9th of March version for local redirect and it didn't work.

1 hour ago, mjd79 said:

You need to download Dependency Walker in the appropriate version (x86 or x64) for the gallery, otherwise nothing meaningful will result.

Windows Live Essentials applications are x86, so Dependency Walker x86 must be used.

8 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Windows Live Essentials applications are x86, so Dependency Walker x86 must be used.

With Dependency Walker x86 I have issues, when I click Open, it do nothing, and when I trying to drag and drop WLXPhotoGallery.exe to DW x86 window, it says Failed to create empty document.

On 3/11/2023 at 7:02 AM, Cockatiel said:

Why March 2023 Extended Kernel breaks Windows Live Photo Gallery 2011? And could someone figure out how to get it working again?

error.PNG

UPD: I am fixed that by replacing kernel32.dll in both System32 and SysWOW64 with the one from October 2022 version of EK

• 2 weeks later...

has the gtx 1000 been made usable on vista yet? I've been working on trying to modify drivers for it but none of them have worked so far (and the one from xomonites website gives the stuck orb issue)

Edited by legacyfan

10 minutes ago, legacyfan said:

has the gtx 1000 been made usable on vista yet? I've been working on trying to modify drivers for it but none of them have worked so far (and the one from communities website gives the stuck orb issue)

D.Draker mentioned in another thread about a rare 373 driver that supposedly can be run even on Vista x86. The problem is that I only found a version for Win 10.... Is this version also suitable for that?

Edited by mjd79

6 minutes ago, mjd79 said:

D.Draker mentioned in another thread about a rare 373 driver that supposedly can be run even on Vista x86. The problem is that I only found a version for Win 10.... Is this version also suitable for that?

I'm on 64bit vista now (its more compatible)