[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

14 hours ago, LuckyCrydiaa2011 said:

Try putting the chrome shortcut target with a space and "--no-sandbox".  Tell me if it didnt work @Dixel

Thank you , it worked ! Though there are warning messages (huge) , right at the start "this flag is not supported" (they are lying , of course , it is definitely supported, otherwise it wouldn't work, they just want everyone on Win10) , and the second huge and long banner "...you're on Vista or XP..." they are EXTREMELY annoying and on white background , which is insane . Extensions won't load , even unpacked with this error "Default locale ... bla , bla , bla ... couldn't be loaded". and something about manifest. I was not going to use this "browser" with such ugly interface anyway , it's just for testing purposes , because others have asked. 

Edited by Dixel

12 hours ago, TECHGEEK said:

If you want an antivirus with MB as a supplement, the Clamwin AV is for you

Hello , thanks for the advice , the thing is - I never said that I (personally) use any Antivirus at all , someone asked and I just said 3.5.1 works because I know this for sure. As for me , I don't trust any "antivirus" . The best antivirus is brain. :-) Don't you agree ?

On 11/18/2020 at 2:21 PM, win32 said:

I added that function awhile back (early July). You did the .local thing with my kernel32, right?

Hi , I've managed to launch Streets of smth 4 (name changed), it loads the main menu and that's it , as soon as I press start the story , it lets me choose the character , but then it crashes and shows the log file. I've replaced my perfectly working Framework 4.5.1 with 4.5.2 and it didn't help.

v04-s r10933

CultureNotFoundException Culture is not supported. Parameter name: name

fr-FR is an invalid culture identifier. 

at System.Globalization.CultureInfo..ctor(String, Boolean) + 0xc5

at BeatThemAll.MetaGame.InterStageVideoScreen..ctor(String, Boolean) + 0x28f

at BeatThemAll.MetaGame.GameMode.ChallengeOrCampaign.transition_to_intro_video() + 0x148

at BeatThemAll.MetaGame.GameMode.ChallengeOrCampaign.stage_start_transition() + 0x2b0

at BeatThemAll.MetaGame.CharacterSelectionScreen.on_menu_event(Int32, PlayerUserData.MenuEventEnum) + 0x36e

at CommonLib.online.receive_state_changes() + 0x7e1

at BeatThemAll.MetaGame.program.do_update() + 0x75

at CommonLib.platform.main_loop_update(Action) + 0x18a

at BeatThemAll.MetaGame.program.update() + 0x57

at CommonLib.xna.StandaloneGame.Update(GameTime) + 0x49

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() + 0x2dd

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game) + 0x69f

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run() + 0xac

at BeatThemAll.MetaGame.program.Main(String[]) + 0x3c5

Edited by Dixel

On 11/19/2020 at 12:05 PM, win32 said:

I do believe that Spotify is 32 bit.

It's definitely 32 bit. On my KernelXE test machine, it gets past "This program is not a valid Win32 application" and displays an error with whatever missing function it tries to run first.

18 minutes ago, Dixel said:

CultureNotFoundException Culture is not supported. Parameter name: name

fr-FR is an invalid culture identifier. 

This is a known .NET bug, Apparently this solution is like this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42554944/how-to-solve-this-exception-culture-is-not-supported

If the UI language is set differently from the keyboard, this seems to cause windows to compose its own culture string, of the format "interface language-keyboard language". I had the same problem with "en-be".

The solution is to set your region to something the .Net framework recognizes in the older Win7-style region settings screen. A search for "region" through the start menu should get you there.

In that screen, select a valid existing region, and then adjust your detail date/time format settings as you want them. It should not affect the actual language or keyboard settings, and it should solve the problem.

But I don't get it, as fr-FR should be valid. :unsure:

3 hours ago, win32 said:

This is a known .NET bug, Apparently this solution is like this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42554944/how-to-solve-this-exception-culture-is-not-supported

But I don't get it, as fr-FR should be valid. :unsure:

I'm not French , all of my settings are en-GB , English,  keyboard and local too.

Edit : tried to set everything to US (region , keyboard, location) no luck.

Edited by Dixel

17 hours ago, LuckyCrydiaa2011 said:

Try putting the chrome shortcut target with a space and "--no-sandbox".  Tell me if it didnt work @Dixel

Whoa , this poor user is banned after giving a good advice ! Someone really didn't like Chromium being able to run on Vista ....

3 hours ago, asdf2345 said:

Welcome to the internet

You know , actually I'm not surprised at all , esp. with all that what's going on in the world after 2001.  I have a suggestion , how about we start to make spelling errors > like "ckhromyum", "gugle" ,I guess they are looking for key-words , aren't they ?  What do you about that ?

2 minutes ago, Dixel said:

You know , actually I'm not surprised at all , esp. with all that what's going on in the world after 2001.  I have a suggestion , how about we start to make spelling errors > like "ckhromyum", "gugle" ,I guess they are looking for key-words , aren't they ?  What do you about that ?

My Discord server would probably be the best place for discussion about the kernel. It's one of the more popular topics on there, and only few people that got banned were trolls, or were part of the server nuke.

18 minutes ago, Dixel said:

this poor user is banned after giving a good advice ! Someone really didn't like Chromium being able to run on Vista

... Actually, he was banned for a completely different reason :P :

Edited by VistaLover

1 minute ago, VistaLover said:

... Actually, he was banned for a completely different reason :P :

So you can't even mention you're using a custom OS? Looks like I'm going to be banned for using my own custom copies of Windows then

4 hours ago, asdf2345 said:

So you can't even mention you're using a custom OS? Looks like I'm going to be banned for using my own custom copies of Windows then

Exactly ! I have successfuly launched two very popular programs , though some other tricks of my own were used too (in addition to this wonderful kernel). There is NO way I'm discussing it here. I think it's better you ask questions through mail directly , I mean mail-mail , not here. Just notify me , 'cause I always forget to check it.

P.S. Oh , and I think it would be wise to change names  , giving a slight hint about the original . They will have no grounds to ban , at least.

Edited by Dixel