[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

8 hours ago, gerona12 said:

Adobe Reader 2015 DC and uTorrent 3.5.5

Both 32 bit programs, seemingly.

Reader 2015 DC seems to want the user32 functions RegisterTouchWindow, CloseTouchInputHandle and GetTouchInputInfo, as well as kernel32.K32EnumProcesses. Are you using the wrapper for it from smeezekitty?

As for uTorrent, yes it broke with the latest one. The problem is that it doesn't actually crash. It just unloads itself after a successful call to WTSAPI32.DLL. Even the installer is affected. This is quite strange.

Why the modified Shell32.dll is showing errors in Windows explorer?

Here is the error

Explorer.exe - ordinal 899 not found
The ordinal 899 could not be located in the dynamic link library Shell32.dll

The system is updated to the latest updates

There is a solution?

1 hour ago, giogio3472 said:

Why the modified Shell32.dll is showing errors in Windows explorer?

Here is the error

Explorer.exe - ordinal 899 not found
The ordinal 899 could not be located in the dynamic link library Shell32.dll

The system is updated to the latest updates

There is a solution?

A working replacement explorer.exe has been made available in the Mega folder.

13 hours ago, win32 said:

Both 32 bit programs, seemingly.

Reader 2015 DC seems to want the user32 functions RegisterTouchWindow, CloseTouchInputHandle and GetTouchInputInfo, as well as kernel32.K32EnumProcesses. Are you using the wrapper for it from smeezekitty?

As for uTorrent, yes it broke with the latest one. The problem is that it doesn't actually crash. It just unloads itself after a successful call to WTSAPI32.DLL. Even the installer is affected. This is quite strange.

Windows Vista with ExKernel 11232020 uTorrent 3.5.5 very good working. ExKernel 12312020 uTorrent error.

utorrent_good.gif

utorrent_error.PNG

Edited by gerona12

Iron Harvest (64 Bit) error . The game uses mono bleeding edge. No such error with win 7 on the same hardware with the same VCRedist and framework / drivers. Application Verifier + Handles Test = nothing happens , the process may start for some milliseconds or not start at all.

Hence, no errors too.

Snap 2021.01.03.png

Edited by Dixel
added new info

10 hours ago, gerona12 said:

utorrent_error.PNG

Is this with the new one or the old one? I don't even get any calls to missing functions in my test VM.

4 hours ago, Dixel said:

Iron Harvest (64 Bit) error . The game uses mono bleeding edge. No such error with win 7 on the same hardware with the same VCRedist and framework / drivers. Application Verifier + Handles Test = nothing happens , the process may start for some milliseconds or not start at all.

Does this Windows 7 have the platform update? Perhaps it is using newer D3D 11.1 features that aren't Vista compatible yet.

On 1/3/2021 at 3:15 PM, win32 said:

Does this Windows 7 have the platform update? Perhaps it is using newer D3D 11.1 features that aren't Vista compatible yet.

Sorry , not Dixel , but the question is about this very game . Could you please give an advice ? I want to try this game on the original kernel , I read it uses plain DX11.0 . As far as I can see by the dependency walker,  it only misses two functions.

The first is  GetLogicalProcessorInformationEx

And the second is in mono dll   TryAcquireSRWLockExclusive

Whould you suggest me with what it could be replaced ? thanks.

On 1/4/2021 at 10:06 AM, Win10-Hater said:

I have read, I just wanted to clarify that this is nonexistent on v.68

I'm sorry, I won't downgrade my browser to several years ago. Thanks for the info , thou...

21 hours ago, win32 said:

Hi and thanks for the quick reply . As you may have already noticed some of my behavioural patterns , I tend to refuse any kind of updates , so no , Win 7 is clean , I'll say more , it doesn't even have any SP installed . And this game is DX11.0.