Download links for all Vista SP2 32-bit and 64-bit updates from Windows Update

daniel_k

I've attached RAR5 compressed files with lists of download links for all official updates for Vista 32-bit and 64-bit Post SP2 up to April 2017.

Includes all language packs for Vista, IE9 and local Help update.

Also included are Ultimate Extras, Optionals and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 / 4.52 with updates.

Superseded updates are not included except for a few ones just to satisfy Windows Update.

Hotfixes are not included, unless available through Windows Update.

Someone please mirror them on Web Archive. ASAP.

EDIT: Updated files with  .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Language Packs.

Installing System Updates:

If you want to install a language pack, you must do it first, by downloading and running the language pack executable.

1) Download all files from Main_URLs.txt to the same folder.
2) Using WinRAR, sort files by type and unpack all .MSU files to the same folder, overwriting existing files. Then you may delete the .MSU files to save space.
3) Unpack the WindowsVistaSP2_x86_Installer.rar or WindowsVistaSP2_x64_Installer.rar (just batch files) to the same folder where you extracted the files.
4) Open a Command Prompt with Administrator privileges and switch to the folder where the update files are.
5) Run Main_Part1.bat, Main_Part2.bat and Main_Part3.bat. At the end of execution of every batch file, Windows will restart automatically.
6) Optionally you may install local copy of Help update (LangPacks_Help_URLs.txt) and the IE9 language pack (LangPacks_IE9_URLs.txt).

PS: It'll take a while to install all 210+ updates.

Installing .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 / 4.52 with updates:

1) Download all files from NDP35_45_URLs.txt to the same folder.
2) Unpack the WindowsVistaSP2_x86_Installer.rar or WindowsVistaSP2_x64_Installer.rar (just batch files) to the same folder where you extracted the files.
3) Open a Command Prompt with Administrator privileges and switch to the folder where the update files are.
4) Run NDP35_45_Install.bat, if needed Windows will restart automatically.
5) Optionally you may install a language pack (LangPacks_NDP35SP1_URLs.txt and LangPacks_NDP452_URLs.txt).

Installing updates for optional features (only if you have installed IIS, IIS ASP, IIS FTP or Telnet from Program and Features Control Panel extension)

Download all files from Features_URLs.txt and run the following .MSU packages if you have installed:
IIS: KB4012373
IIS ASP: KB2124261
IIS FTP: KB975254
Telnet: KB960859 and KB3020393

Edited by daniel_k
Found some bugs, will reupload the files later.

• 4 weeks later...

• 10 months later...

Thanks Daniel_k.

I notice the downloaded files have 41 superfluous characters before the extension e.g.

windows6.0-kb905866-v56-x86_0c66cec0f1aae93ff8276e72e6f5770fb4ae56ff.msu

wu-ie9-windowsvista-x86_90e3e90e964c2769a008cbf924eefdc42413dd52.exe

windows6.0-kb932925-x86_93c2ebe6711dd9f74b5be345392032cb5e014392.cab

I expect there is a way of just removing those 41, however, removing the last 45 then appending the extension works e.g.

for %%i in ("*.msu") do (set filname=%%i) & call :rename
goto :eof
:rename
ren "%filname%" "%filname:~0,-45%.msu"

Edited by SIW2

3 hours ago, SIW2 said:

Thanks Daniel_k.

I notice the downloaded files have 41 superfluous characters before the extension e.g.

windows6.0-kb905866-v56-x86_0c66cec0f1aae93ff8276e72e6f5770fb4ae56ff.msu

wu-ie9-windowsvista-x86_90e3e90e964c2769a008cbf924eefdc42413dd52.exe

windows6.0-kb932925-x86_93c2ebe6711dd9f74b5be345392032cb5e014392.cab

I expect there is a way of just removing those 41, however, removing the last 45 then appending the extension works e.g.

for %%i in ("*.msu") do (set filname=%%i) & call :rename
:rename
ren "%filname%" "%filname:~0,-45%.msu"

They have a purpose in allowing for the user to easily check if the file downloaded properly

https://awau.moe/2TeqNyC.png

The installer batch files provided look like this:

@md %TMP%\UPDWORK
pkgmgr /ip /m:Windows6.0-kb932925-x64.cab /norestart /s:%TMP%\UPDWORK
@rd /q /s %TMP%\UPDWORK
@md %TMP%\UPDWORK
pkgmgr /ip /m:Windows6.0-kb932926-x64.cab /norestart /s:%TMP%\UPDWORK
@rd /q /s %TMP%\UPDWORK
@md %TMP%\UPDWORK
pkgmgr /ip /m:Windows6.0-kb933246-x64.cab /norestart /s:%TMP%\UPDWORK
@rd /q /s %TMP%\UPDWORK
@md %TMP%\UPDWORK

Edited by SIW2

Hi, I'm busy with other stuff, so can't provide you with a script/batch file to rename the files.
I'm sure you'll eventually figure it out by yourself.

For obvious reasons, you shouldn't have such long filenames to avoid issues during installation because of long pathnames exceeeding MAX_PATH size.

Edited by daniel_k

Thanks, I expect there are other ways to do it. What I already posted works fine for getting rid of the unwanted characters.

Most of the downloaded files from the links provided in the lists are .msu.

The batch installers daniel_k kindly attached are expecting mostly .cab.

So a little tweaking is required.

Edited by SIW2

A more general way would be something like (one liner on command line):
FOR /F %i in ('DIR /B *.msu') do (@call set name=%~ni&&@ECHO "%i" "%name:~0,-41%%~xi")

and

FOR /F %i in ('DIR /B *.cab') do (@call set name=%~ni&&@ECHO "%i" "%name:~0,-41%%~xi")

Or in batch:

@ECHO OFF
SETLOCAL ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION

FOR /F %%i in ('DIR /B') do (
SET name=%%~ni
IF "%%~xi"==".msu"  ECHO "%%i" "!name:~0,-41!%%~xi"
IF "%%~xi"==".cab"  ECHO "%%i" "!name:~0,-41!%%~xi"
)

jacla

Thanks Jaclaz, that seems to do the job.

Windows patch loader d/ls mostly cabs without the extra characters, whereas the links at the beginning of this thread download mostly msu files

winfuture.de have a vista updatepack. Last upated to 2014.

Looks like a 7z self extractor. The little executable reads what is in the .ini  and offers to install them. It also resumes after reboots.

Maybe somebody clever can make something similar with more recent updates included - perhaps to april 2017.

winfuture.jpg

winfuture3a.jpg

Edited by SIW2

Let me clarify a few things. as I've spent several days creating this:

- .msu files can't be used to install many updates at a time: those packages include an update scanner (wsusscan.cab) to check applicability, which is run before installing every update and gets slow and slow over time. Svchost also consumes more and more RAM until your system crashes.

- .cab files are installed immediately, the check for applicability occurs during install, thus is faster and reliable.

- some updates have pre-requisites that require a restart. Because of this, I've split the updates in 3 parts.

Edited by daniel_k

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Daniel,

I attempted a clean install of Vista Starter- 32 Bit  SP2 on Sept 5, 2020 and proceeded to update it by installing updates from MAIN Folder (all 3 batches) and .NET Fr  Folders. It all got installed except 11 updates that returned with - Not Applicable for your system.  Despite of this my PC is getting Windows Update error  80244019. Upon checking Win Update log I get to see GetConfig Failure, Soap Client Error=10, HTTP status code = 404. I had also tried the Speedup Updates before attempting to install all the updates from MAIN folder. So far so good. How to proceed ahead? What is GetConfig failure?