Jump to content
MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. ×

System_Info


wimb
 Share

Recommended Posts

System_Info

Portable App for System Management and to collect System Properties

such as Firmware (UEFI Or BIOS) and Partition Style (MBR Or GPT) and Operating System, Architecture and Drives, and Windows + Office Keys

The Save System Info button is quite useful and will present the System Properties in a TXT File.

More Info: http://reboot.pro/topic/22053-system-info/

Credits and Thanks to:
- Uwe Sieber for making ListUsbDrives - http://www.uwe-sieber.de/english.html
- Nir Sofer for making produkey - https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html
- Nir Sofer for making serviwin - https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/serviwin.html
- Franck Delattre for making CPU-Z - https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
- JFX for making AutoIt Function to determine Windows + Office Key - https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/131797-windows-and-office-key/
- Terenz for making AutoIt Functions to determine Partition Style and Firmware -https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/186012-detect-an-uefi-windows-and-gpt-disk-type/

Tripredacus for giving AutoIt code to determine Hardware UUID - this topic
    

Download:  System_Info at GitHub

System_Info-2019-10-24_115603.png.e8df3358419bb7380d9dc0dd02da75e2.png

Edited by wimb
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Looks nice. Some thoughts.

1. Should have some way to differentiate which buttons launch external programs vs which just open a MsgBox. The reasoning is that some things like Device Manager or msinfo32 has some delay in opening. Even something simple like using a Group Control to draw a box around such buttons, or using color coding or highlight. Because (believe it or not) I had not initially thought this program would just open Device Manager when I clicked on that button.

2. AutoIT icon is set for the program.

3. On Windows 7 using the x86.exe, using System Info button, it sees only 2 of my 3 Volumes. Perhaps the same as in your demo screenshot, does it only show the first and last volume? Certainly on the test system you had drive letters in between C and G. :unsure:

And in case you wanted to add UUID functionality, you can refer to this sample:

$uuItem = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystemProduct")
	If IsObj($uuItem) Then
		For $objSWbemObject IN $uuItem
			$strIdentifyingNumber = $objSWbemObject.IdentifyingNumber
			$strName = $objSWbemObject.Name
			$strVersion = $objSWbemObject.Version
		Next
	EndIf
$strWMIQuery = ":Win32_ComputerSystemProduct.IdentifyingNumber='" & $strIdentifyingNumber & "',Name='" & $strName & "',Version='" & $strVersion & chr(39)
$uiDitem = objGet($sWMIService & $strWMIQuery)

If IsObj($uiDitem) Then
	For $objItem in $uiDitem.Properties_
If $objItem.name =  "UUID" Then
	$itdid = $objItem.value
EndIf
		Next
	Else
		MsgBox (0, "Error", "uiDitem is not an object. Content of uiDitem is: " & $uiDitem)
	EndIf

 

Edited by Tripredacus
closed for loop
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for testing System_Info.

In my case there was no delay for MS Management buttons and they appeared just as fast as the Info presented with MsgBox

System Info button will give GPT / MBR Info for System Drive and App drive only.

Drive Info button gives extensive info for all drives.

The UUID AutoIt sample requires some modification before it can be used. 

The purpose of the System_Info program is to collect in a simple way the most important System Properties.

The Save System Info button is quite useful and will present the System Properties in a TXT File.

Edited by wimb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/21/2019 at 3:30 PM, Tripredacus said:

And in case you wanted to add UUID functionality, you can refer to this sample:

An allternative for Win 8/10 would be to use  the AutoIt code

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c wmic csproduct get uuid > UUID_Info.txt", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)
ShellExecuteWait("notepad.exe", @ScriptDir & "\UUID_Info.txt", @ScriptDir)

Or even better and working in Win 8/10 and 10XPE  but not in Win 7

$UUID = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\HardwareConfig", "LastConfig")

 

Edited by wimb
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2019 at 3:43 AM, wimb said:

...  but not in Win 7

Please don't abandon Win 7.  Tools like this one should be tailored for the widest possible audience unless it's very inconvenient to do so, IMO.

Cheers and Regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bphlpt said:

Please don't abandon Win 7.  Tools like this one should be tailored for the widest possible audience unless it's very inconvenient to do so, IMO.

System_Info is working OK in Windows 7/8/10 and in Win PE.

It was just about the extra option to show UUID, where the very useful RegRead solution does not work in Win 7

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks. At least the other two methods to show UUID, yours and Trip's, do work in Win7, AFAIK. Correct? And it does seem like useful info to include.

Cheers and Regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, bphlpt said:

Thanks. At least the other two methods to show UUID, yours and Trip's, do work in Win7, AFAIK. Correct? And it does seem like useful info to include.

Cheers and Regards

Both methods are doing the same thing. Mine is using AutoIT to read directly from the namespace, while his is reading the output of a WMIC query sent to text file. The registry read doesn't work in Win7 because those keys do not exist. I did a check on my system, and the UUID is not stored in the registry anywhere. There are some situations where you would want to know this information. I personally use it myself for generating hardware specific hashes to things. I do know some other software will use it. Typically you would only need to know it in a situation where a program is not working as desired, which is usually caused by malformed or default UUIDs. Then you would need to know the UUID in order to verify on your own records or to complain to the hardware manufacturer.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Tripredacus said:

Both methods are doing the same thing. Mine is using AutoIT to read directly from the namespace, while his is reading the output of a WMIC query sent to text file. The registry read doesn't work in Win7 because those keys do not exist. I did a check on my system, and the UUID is not stored in the registry anywhere. There are some situations where you would want to know this information. I personally use it myself for generating hardware specific hashes to things. I do know some other software will use it. Typically you would only need to know it in a situation where a program is not working as desired, which is usually caused by malformed or default UUIDs. Then you would need to know the UUID in order to verify on your own records or to complain to the hardware manufacturer.

Thanks for the Info.

Latest version will use RegRead Or your AutoIt code.

System_Info will find the value of Hardware UUID as tested in Windows 7/8/10 and Windows 10XPE

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

System_Info Updated to Version 4.0

- Added 4 new buttons for HP System Diagnostics + Save HWIDs + Windows Settings + Control Panel

More Info: Devcon Commands

 

System_Info-2019-07-23_073119.png.1e4c9a54966ce17fda6d6bbf7242014c.png    System_Info-2019-07-23_091322.thumb.png.b3f633399628b5a16e2994fe05a35186.png

Edited by wimb
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent tool, I particularly like the inclusion of some very useful Nirsoft utilities and the HP System Diagnostics program, which I've used for years on Windows 98 and Windows XP, but never on Windows 10! The version of GPU-Z included turned out to be more up to date than the one I had installed too!
Cheers, Dave.
:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Excellent tool, I particularly like the inclusion of some very useful Nirsoft utilities and the HP System Diagnostics program, which I've used for years on Windows 98 and Windows XP, but never on Windows 10! The version of GPU-Z included turned out to be more up to date than the one I had installed too!
Cheers, Dave.
:)

Thanks for using System_Info and for your approval :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...