Can Office 2013 somehow be ported to Vista?

yoltboy01

Hey Vista Community!

As many of you know, Office is no longer supported on Vista as of version 2013. Because of many reasons, including Design, OneDrive connection and Support, I would really like to have Office 2013 rather than 2010. The installer always gives me some dll errors and I know that it is officially not supported and only for Windows 7+...

But does anyone know how to run Office 2013 somehow on Vista? Is there any hack or edit?

> The installer always gives me some dll errors
This is better than non-dll errors. Details, please.

> how to run Office 2013 somehow on Vista?
Trying installing it on Win7+ and copying the files to Vista. Be running a Registry monitoring app while installing so you can also export and copy those entries as well. Check for an Installer Log file that lists all the changes made to the system. (@Everyone: is there a Tutorial or FAQ somewhere on the 'net that explains this process?)

> Is there any hack or edit?
Probably not. Do you have all of the Vista service and upgrade packs installed?

5 hours ago, jumper said:

Details, please....Trying installing it on Win7+ and copying the files to Vista...

Some details were given in a November 2018 thread on the same topic: https://msfn.org/board/topic/177934-install-office-2013-on-windows-vista/?do=findComment&comment=1156349. If OP has Win7+, problem solved.

On 2/20/2019 at 1:12 PM, Vistapocalypse said:

Some details were given in a November 2018 thread on the same topic: https://msfn.org/board/topic/177934-install-office-2013-on-windows-vista/?do=findComment&comment=1156349. If OP has Win7+, problem solved.

assuming the OP in that thread has a PC with an SSE2 capable processor; Office 2013 also requires an CPU with SSE2 support and does not run on non-SSE2 processors

also need to install any .NET Framework 4.x version between 4.0 and 4.6 on Vista

Edited by erpdude8

• 3 years later...
On 2/17/2019 at 9:34 PM, yoltboy01 said:

Hey Vista Community!

As many of you know, Office is no longer supported on Vista as of version 2013. Because of many reasons, including Design, OneDrive connection and Support, I would really like to have Office 2013 rather than 2010. The installer always gives me some dll errors and I know that it is officially not supported and only for Windows 7+...

But does anyone know how to run Office 2013 somehow on Vista? Is there any hack or edit?

@WinFXhas done the trick how to install Office 2013 on Windows Vista, so search from @WinFXhow to install Office 2013 on Windows Vista.