Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
someguy25

Microsoft is bringing IE11 to Windows server 2012

You will have until January 2020 to complete the transition from Internet Explorer 10 (IE10) to IE11.

So they basically want to kill off both IE9 (with Server 2008's EOL) and IE10 at once... understandable. Also I think that @Jody Thornton may find it useful since he's using regular Windows 8 (if that version of IE11 can be installed on regular 8 that is).

Edited by Tamris
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tamris said:

So they basically want to kill off both IE9 (with Server 2008's EOL) and IE10 at once... understandable. Also I think that @Jody Thornton may find it useful since he's using regular Windows 8 (if that version of IE11 can be installed on regular 8 that is).

I had actually asked about that previously.  Mind you, two things:  I think IE10 for Server 2012 will be patched until October 2023.  Also, I've removed IE 10, and still install the updates for IE10, just so that the Trident engine is kept updated.  However, I use Firefox ESR Quantum 60

4 minutes ago, Jody Thornton said:

I think IE10 for Server 2012 will be patched until October 2023.

Well, literally the next thing they wrote is:

After this (Jan 2020), we will not release any security or non-security updates, free or paid assisted support options, or online technical content changes for IE10.

Maybe I should've pasted both sentences in my last post, but oh well.

Edited by Tamris

OK this was completely different - I confused this with a different post.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  Wow!

• Like 1

Wow, this is excellent news for Windows 8.0 users! The last Internet Explorer upgrade Microsoft will ever release for a Windows platform. Feels like a historic moment.

• Like 3