Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

roytam1

My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon fork targetting XP

11 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

No problems with my passwords.

(NM28).

if you're not switching profile from official 28.6.0 build to my build then it should have no problem at all.

I don't know if this is something that can be fixed, but on my Celeron 500mhz system without SSE or SSE2 is unable to open the preferences dialog in K-meleon Goanna. The browser seems to run fine otherwise, though.

Upon clicking the preferences option, the browser crashes with the typical error if a program tries to use the unavailible instruction sets (SSE or SSE2)
I am using windows 2000 extended kernel, which could also be the issue (and not a matter of cpu instruction sets). I'm not really sure, if you could take a look @roytam1, even though it's officially built for xp, that would be much appreciated. :)

Posted (edited)

i430VX said:

my Celeron 500mhz system without SSE or SSE2 is unable to open the preferences dialog in K-meleon Goanna. The browser seems to run fine otherwise, though.
Upon clicking the preferences option, the browser crashes with the typical error if a program tries to use the unavailible instruction sets (SSE or SSE2)
I am using windows 2000 extended kernel, which could also be the issue

KG76 on Win2000 sounds great!
Just curious:
your browser language is english, true?
can you open other xul windows?
For example the error console? about:config? about.addons?
Or other entry pages of F2 preferences? example:
chrome://kmprefs/content/pref-kmacros.xul
chrome://kmprefs/content/pref.xul?kmacros
chrome://kmprefs/content/pref-appearance.xul

Edited by siria

6 hours ago, i430VX said:

I don't know if this is something that can be fixed, but on my Celeron 500mhz system without SSE or SSE2 is unable to open the preferences dialog in K-meleon Goanna. The browser seems to run fine otherwise, though.

I am using windows 2000 extended kernel, which could also be the issue (and not a matter of cpu instruction sets). I'm not really sure, if you could take a look @roytam1, even though it's officially built for xp, that would be much appreciated. :)

it seems that there is some minor ABI differences. Can you try redownloading the archive?

• Like 1

Thank you Roytam1, whatever you changed worked!
It opens the preferences dialog just fine now
:)

On 6/28/2019 at 6:21 PM, adata said:

basilisk

Google Maps

Mouse wheel does not work. I can't not zoom in and zoom out the map using the mouse wheel.

when I try to add, delete, edit a point POI, google maps is blocked and hangs up.

The page https://www.miplo.pl/?c=0#showmap mouse wheel also doesn't work.

Zooming in and out of the map with the mouse wheel doesn't work.

NM 27 nothing altered just started newest version June 29. WORKING.

Can we expect updates thuesday? Asking since i must do an important backup.
Found already NM 27 SSE 20190629
Which links to FF 45ESR and KMGonna?

Would it be possible for you to add e10s to New Moon?

6 minutes ago, asdf2345 said:

Would it be possible for you to add e10s to New Moon?

Doesn't seem possible:

On 6/7/2019 at 1:54 PM, VistaLover said:

... force-enabling e10s on PM/NM, even for testing purposes, will produce a totally broken/unresponsive browser (as the internal e10s supporting code is non-existent in PM/NM); just my 2 eurocents, of course :P

1 hour ago, 3dreal said:

Can we expect updates thuesday?

@roytam1 has always published updated browser builds on a Saturday; when updates on a specific Saturday are not going to happen because of reasons personal to Roy (e.g. extra work, trip, national holidays etc.), he usually says so beforehand...

"Mid-week" updates as such are infrequent and only as a response to a reported serious bug, affecting only one or even more browser types...

1 hour ago, 3dreal said:

Apart from this very thread, all important "links" are being also published in Roy's blog   :P

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 3dreal said:

go to first post in this thread in page 1, there are links to latest build of each browser.

Edited by roytam1
  • Like 1

Hi!  did web.whatsapp.com  wors for you guys?   yesterday was working good,  today complains about need Chrome 49+

I tried different user agent , no luck

Image1.gif

2 hours ago, theelf said:

Hi!  did web.whatsapp.com  wors for you guys?   yesterday was working good,  today complains about need Chrome 49+

I tried different user agent , no luck

Image1.gif

there is an override in about:config, you may change "general.useragent.override.web.whatsapp.com" to "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2049.0 Safari/537.36"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roytam1 said:

there is an override in about:config, you may change "general.useragent.override.web.whatsapp.com" to "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2049.0 Safari/537.36"

thanks a lot for your help, problem solved. You save my day, cause use whatsapp web to work with customers, thanks again

Posted (edited)

Matt A. Tobin spewing venom again at @feodor2, the maintainer of MyPal and Centaury XP forks:

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?p=169823#p169823

To be blunt, I don't like you, your friends, your followers or trust your opinion or judgement let alone the motives behind anything you do.

As far as I am conserned, you are a threat to everything we collectively have done for the past five years or longer.

... Some things (or individuals...) never change! :no: :(

Edited by VistaLover
  • Like 1