Forum Upgrade Bugs and Errors Only

xper

This is probably an easy fix. I don't know if it's overlooked or intentional either but there's no way to view forum leaders. Even though there's only two "moderators" here, even clicking on the moderators link in the online taskbar, it doesn't tell people what forums we lead. There's no link on the main page, nor does it say in the forums themselves like the old version did.

58 minutes ago, Tommy said:

This is probably an easy fix. I don't know if it's overlooked or intentional either but there's no way to view forum leaders. Even though there's only two "moderators" here, even clicking on the moderators link in the online taskbar, it doesn't tell people what forums we lead. There's no link on the main page, nor does it say in the forums themselves like the old version did.

http://www.msfn.org/board/staff/

And doesn't work as well in some ways.

Still haven't found a way to see a summary of the threads I've posted in with the most recently updated ones on top.  The Streams function gets somewhat close, but...  It's pretty typical.  "Modernizing" something changes the appearance and loses key functionality.

And what's up with the vertical spacing?  I used several returns between these paragraphs.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Why, when I type a paragraph then separate it with a couple of Returns from the next paragraph, does it get run together.

This line is separated from the above by a blank line.

This line is right next to the line above.

See the screen grab.

-Noel

ScreenGrab_2016_03_13_125136.png

1 hour ago, NoelC said:

And what's up with the vertical spacing?  I used several returns between these paragraphs.

-Noel

... try using SHIFT+ENTER to go to a new paragraph [1] ...

jaclaz

[1] Not that I approve of the changes, until the good site admin won't find a way to tame this new release of the IP board software and make it usable it will be a nightmare, the new editor has all the defects an editor can have+one more, and since the "BBCode" option is seemingly altogether missing we can simply forget to have nicely quoted/tidy looking posts until hopefully it is restored.

Just now, NoelC said:

Thanks for the workaround, but I think I'll just complain for now and see whether the root cause can be addressed.

-Noel

How do you think I found out that?

I complained, and that was all I got!

(as said there is hope that things will - in due time - start working again, but it takes time, there is no need to put pressure on xper, he is doing everuthing he can and even more)

If you want to complain you should complain to the IPB guys, at every update they make of the software they manage to break something some more and it takes days or weeks of hard work by the Site Admin to find the proper settings and restore things as they should be (when possible), historically this happened every single time there was a board update, those guys behave like their product is not to be applied to an existing board with tens of thousands of members and posts, and years of settings/tweaks and what not.

An illustrated bug report stating fact in the thread created for reporting bugs is not really "pressure" I don't think.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to just list the threads I've participated in, sorted by date of most recent post.  The closest I've gotten is a list of recently made posts via an Activity Stream, but it lists every post AND it's not limited to those I care most about.  Still on that quest...

-Noel

10 hours ago, jaclaz said:

... and since the "BBCode" option is seemingly altogether missing we can simply forget to have nicely quoted/tidy looking posts until hopefully it is restored.

This is one of the absolute worst things about this particular forum update.  It is extremely annoying, at least to me.  I certainly hope a fix can be found.

Cheers and Regards

I have only one phrase for this "upgrade"...

OH MY FRACKING GOD this is a NIGHTMARE for me!

Followup phrase - Looks more like a Twitter/Facebook Upgrade.

Can't find anything. Is there an Instruction Manual for us somewhere?:wacko:

edit - Where's the Timestamp for posts at? :unsure:

Edited by submix8c