Instructions: Google Chrome End of Support Vista/XP

sdfox7

1 hour ago, blackwingcat said:

Bad news.

I succeeded to launch Chrome 50 on Windows 2000.

But Chrome 51 blocks Windows NT 5.x.

When I set compatibility mode XP on Windows 7, Chrome 51 Window is gone gray out .

Any Way to  fool Crome

Thats why i wondering after adding GetThreadID in Kernel32, still Crome52 Devbeta not worked.(Really i gone mad in thinking that GetThreadid is not working in XP)

Edited by Dibya

• 2 weeks later...

@aiko-chan... We have actually "messed around", but Developers made a few changes to get rid of XP and Vista support. As to Vista itself, when I tried to modify chrome, the program did load, but wasn't able to load Internet pages (pretty useless, since it's supposed to be a browser, isn't it? xD). Anyway, one thing is sure: if Blackwingcat is working on it, everything can happen, 'cause he makes what's reasonably improbable possible. He's a guru and if he wants a program to work in Windows NT, he makes it working. :')

3 hours ago, FranceBB said:

@aiko-chan... We have actually "messed around", but Developers made a few changes to get rid of XP and Vista support. As to Vista itself, when I tried to modify chrome, the program did load, but wasn't able to load Internet pages (pretty useless, since it's supposed to be a browser, isn't it? xD). Anyway, one thing is sure: if Blackwingcat is working on it, everything can happen, 'cause he makes what's reasonably improbable possible. He's a guru and if he wants a program to work in Windows NT, he makes it working. :')

Dude , I succeed to launch Srware iron , vivaldi , latest opera 38 but crome is blocked in nt5.x.

Friends , I am trying next week i will give you all final answer and patch if i able to make a stable kernel.

4 hours ago, Dibya said:

Dude , I succeed to launch Srware iron , vivaldi , latest opera 38 but crome is blocked in nt5.x.

Friends , I am trying next week i will give you all final answer and patch if i able to make a stable kernel.

Seems like Vista is more than capable of running Chrome 51, there's just something that needs to be removed from chrome that blocks it xD
I hate manual OS blocking...its literally the only reason Word 2013 (And maybe later) is blocked on Vista ;(

I'm curious: If Chrome is fooled into thinking Vista is 7, would we have any luck or nah? 

Slimjet 10 is now using Chromium 50, and still works fine on XP so it can certainly be done!
Whether they will be able to use 51 and later versions too remains to be seen, but they are intending to carry on supporting XP and Vista.
:)

6 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

Seems like Vista is more than capable of running Chrome 51, there's just something that needs to be removed from chrome that blocks it xD
I hate manual OS blocking...its literally the only reason Word 2013 (And maybe later) is blocked on Vista ;(

I'm curious: If Chrome is fooled into thinking Vista is 7, would we have any luck or nah? 

i have a tool to fool os version .

if you want so PM me .

remember to reverse it back to vista before stutdown or restart

My opinion is that Chrome 50 /Chromium 50 function without any hard limitations. It's just that Google has modified the code in just enough ways to prevent it from running on XP/Vista.

The portable version of Chrome is already in extracted form; and it also fails to run on XP so it is not an installer issue, it's a code issue.

About one month ago I compared the installers of Chrome 49 and Chrome 50 with HxD hex editor, and there are clearly code differences; I just don't know at this point how to backport/replace the 50 code with the 49 code, or if it even that simple.

chromehex.jpg

@sdfox7... Exactly. Anyway, since its source code is available, check that one and you'll find what has been modified/removed. (It's a way better to read than opening it with an hex editor).

@Dave-H... Yes they did. Anyway, their approach was a bit different: they started working at the old working code, looked for new functions added with newer versions, and then they found a way to implement them in the old code.

I'm happy they showed us that such an approach is possible, but I think none of us actually has time to do such a thing, especially since it requires manual intervention every time.

For the moment I just switched to Firefox and I'm kinda fine with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, guys! I managed to backport Chrome 50.0.2661.102 beta-m to Windows 2003 (Windows XP x64), but not for XP x86, because it requires some more wrapped functions.

Also I turned on ANGLE DX9Ex hardware acceleration, but it really glitching.

I also confirm that ported Opera 37 (Chromium 50 based browser) is a way more stable with HW accel rather than Chrome or other Chromium-based browsers.

Chrome50Win2003.PNG

Special thanks BlackWingCat for helping me.

Edited by Svyatpro

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 1:40 PM, dencorso said:

@heinoganda: With all due respect: keep looking for ways to port the "Primetime Content Decryption Module" to Pale Moon for Atom/XP. That has future and we know for sure it will support XP for a long time. Let Slimjet's developers fix it themselves.

Uh - oh!  How would you write the sound effect of a losing buzzer alarm? (GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG) - maybe :P

In any case, the Atom release will be discontinued as of the next milestone release of Pale Moon v27.  And Moonchild has stipulated NO EXCEPTIONS will be made for XP support this time around.  So no XP support of any kind once v27 hits.

Well, if PaleMoon thinks the Atom/XP build will no longer have to provide, it's not nearly as bad since the original code from Firefox (Mozilla project) comes and as long as from this side of the browser's functionality in Windows XP does not lose it does not bother me a bit. The developers and programmers when PaleMoon project are unfortunately on the Microsoft rail on the road, very regrettable. Worse, it looks at the Chromium project (original code), since here a very big effort is driven in order to suppress the function under Windows XP and Vista. All that remains of the comment, with money you can buy (corrupt) everything.

11 hours ago, heinoganda said:

Well, if PaleMoon thinks the Atom/XP build will no longer have to provide, it's not nearly as bad since the original code from Firefox (Mozilla project) comes and as long as from this side of the browser's functionality in Windows XP does not lose it does not bother me a bit. The developers and programmers when PaleMoon project are unfortunately on the Microsoft rail on the road, very regrettable. Worse, it looks at the Chromium project (original code), since here a very big effort is driven in order to suppress the function under Windows XP and Vista. All that remains of the comment, with money you can buy (Corruption) everything.

MS is giving them motivational speech which is ceasing them to end.

Let them go in their worse patch. Last year surely they will realize their fault.

Edited by Dibya

Well no guys, it's not Pale Moon developers kissing MS-heinie.  It's that if they want their product to have a future and cater to new technologies, supporting XP (or any Windows NT 5.x variant) will hold them back.  I would agree that for now Google Chrome could have kept running on XP and Vista, and Pale Moon's v26.x releases will keep supporting XP for the time being.  But this isn't some conspiracy theory.  If you want to be a profitable business, and stay in the business of selling new operating systems, why would you want every one staying on XP?  Why?  How would you ever make money that way?

Besides, computing is changing now.  XP and desktop OS systems represent computing up to 2011 roughly.  Now mobile computing is where it's at.  Windows needs to go places that are different than what XP or 2000 gave us.  PC experts and fans will still compute this way, but that market is shrinking, and is not where the future is.  Computing is getting end-users to install apps and companies making money by their customers and prospects using these apps.

You and I are not part of that mainstream.  READ THE NEXT PART VERY CAREFULLY .... :)   Yes, I don't have a smart phone myself, and Windows is my main computing platform - HOWEVER - I do not delude myself into thinking I'm part of that mainstream.  Being a lifelong record collector, it was like it was back in 1995, when I was searching out "Jagged Little Pill" by Alanis Morrissette on an LP, I knew I was in for a daunting search.  After several months, I found a German-pressed import LP, and I felt lucky.  But IN NO WAY did I convince myself ever that this was how music existed in the 90s.  Compact discs were where it was at.  I was not part of the mainstream, and at that time, I was going against the tide of acceptance.

And so are Windows desktop users.