Windows 10 - Deeper Impressions

xper

13 hours ago, JorgeA said:

Friends donot compile anything with visual c++ 2015.

It is going to be stolen by MS

Just kidding

3 hours ago, BudwS said:

I thought back to when I first received one of the scam calls.  It was a month after I entered the Insider program.  The caller always identified themselves as MS Tech Support.  Later on the "Red Flag" was that they were receiving error reports on their remote computer the last couple of days so that  they called to fix the problem remotely.  However, that happened to be at a time that none of the MS PCs had been turned on for 2 weeks?  They still insisted that the error messages were coming in.  They hung up when I asked for their MS phone number and location.  Something to ponder in this fun world of computing.

Lol , I never seen such a confident SPY , WHo prefer stealing Information.

5 hours ago, helpdesk98 said:

Windows 10 is now entering Beast Mode!

Really True , This Beast mode will show wildness of Microsoft

7 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

MS has been using third (second?) parties to manage surveys for years.

Lol Privacy is not matter of joke that ms  really gone mad

if thirparty takes banking information of someone and misuse it.

Well, the telemetry in visual studio is sneaky but all in all not that bad, I mean they should be crucified :w00t::ph34r: for not documenting it and setting it as default,  but it is not a "real" threat.

Anyway, they will get whatever personal data they cannot get through their stupid new OS through LinkedIn:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jun/13/linkedin-bought-by-microsoft-for-262bn-in-cash

that would be something to be preoccupied about.

jaclaz

On 6/13/2016 at 7:28 PM, NoelC said:

Doesn't seem too surprising that Microsoft would - on purpose - change their software so that you have to be cloud-connected to use it.

Is it beyond reason to imagine them sitting around dreaming up changes to each and every component of the system to further their goals of world domination?

-Noel

Are you absolutely sure about their goals of world domination:wacko:

>it is not a "real" threat.

Really?  You'd like products you build to be discovered by your customers as sending data from their systems to Microsoft?

And how do you know what's in the data?  Just the sending itself it a serious privacy intrusion.  Depending on the application it could say at the very least, "the user is home, using their computer right now".  How is it you don't see that this is a form of surveillance?

Microsoft's concept that they can just have YOUR computer do things THEY want whenever they want is wrong and must be resisted at every turn.

Regarding LinkedIn...  Have you really uploaded a whole lot of your personal information to LinkedIn?

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Well, if you for a moment ignore the hype in the Mark Wilson's article and you check this one instead:
https://www.infoq.com/news/2016/06/visual-cpp-telemetry

maybe you will be less "preoccupied" by the feature (as said I find it sneaky and reproachable, still we have seen far worse things lately).

About LinkedIn, my activities on that platform equate exactly to 0, but they have, besides the little data in my "profile" and obviously my "network", my gmail address, and they asked more than once, but without success ;) , for my telephone number (just in case I would have been locked out).

Sure Google has both of them already, but that is not a good reason why the good MS guys should also have them.

jaclaz

Here's the most worrisome aspect of MSFT's acquisition of LinkedIn. LinkedIn has been working on what they call an "Economic Graph," which is described here as

...LinkedIn's lofty goal to digitally map the global workforce. This includes creating profile for every member of the global workforce, a profile for every company in the world, and a digital representation of every job and every skill set required to obtain those jobs.

And now Microsoft can add to this whatever information they can gather from the hundreds of millions who -- not knowing any better -- created a Microsoft Account the first time they booted into Windows 10 and never signed out.

--JorgeA

1 hour ago, JorgeA said:

Here's the most worrisome aspect of MSFT's acquisition of LinkedIn. LinkedIn has been working on what they call an "Economic Graph," which is described here as

And now Microsoft can add to this whatever information they can gather from the hundreds of millions who -- not knowing any better -- created a Microsoft Account the first time they booted into Windows 10 and never signed out.

--JorgeA

... and do not forget how those using bitlocker to protect their private data managed to give the key to the good MS guys (they do have it, even if you quickly "deleted" it form the cloud), how many will know how to change it?

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2016/01/windows_10_whol.html

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/arnaud_jumelet/2010/11/12/how-to-regenerate-the-bitlocker-numerical-recovery-password/

jaclaz

NuMS freaks helped me to understand the human condition better, no seriously.

Freetard fanatism was bad (I am talking about real harcore Linuxers), bad at least there was the whole utopian vision behind it of free software yada yada.

With NuMicrosoft though – there is absolutely nothing behind it. No philosophical framework or belief system or politics or ideology or anything. It’s literally just a corporation getting greedy and pretty much criminal using malware tactics. And yet, you can still find cheerleaders for this!

How can anyone getting passionate about a small group of billionaires and millionaires (MS board) f****** up their customers with malware?

MAN! Seriously. It’s one of the most f***ed up things I’ve ever seen in terms of group-dynamics.

The same enablers who are enthusiastic about MS malware are ironically also the ones who are usually on execution mode regarding smalltime hackers, pirates, malware authors etc.

I guess malwaring a botnet is a tragedy, malwaring the entire Windows userbase is a statistic.

Hypocritical scumtard bootlickers.

Edited by Formfiller

13 hours ago, bookie32 said:

Are you absolutely sure about their goals of world domination:wacko:

I can only answer that with - and I'm sorry if this seems a bit disrespectful - well duh!

-Noel

Have to agree with you there, Formfiller.  People just can't see or accept what's being done to them, and the most insecure amongst them want to fit in with a winner so badly that they choose the side of the oppressor.

-Noel

11 hours ago, jaclaz said:

... and do not forget how those using bitlocker to protect their private data managed to give the key to the good MS guys (they do have it, even if you quickly "deleted" it form the cloud), how many will know how to change it?

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2016/01/windows_10_whol.html

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/arnaud_jumelet/2010/11/12/how-to-regenerate-the-bitlocker-numerical-recovery-password/

jaclaz

That's correct. A lot of people have given MSFT the keys to their kingdom, so to speak.

Meanwhile, and speaking of Microsoft knowing ever more about its customers, check this out:

LinkedIn integrates with Cortana in Windows 10

If you're already using Cortana and have your calendar connected, you’re probably used to getting meeting reminders from Cortana. Now with the LinkedIn integration, when Cortana reminds you of your next meeting, you will see a richer set of information about the people you’re meeting, including their LinkedIn profile photo, job title, and company. If you want to dig in more, with one click you can see their full LinkedIn profile to find who you know in common or where they went to school, so you can start the meeting with something other than the weather.

Another reason NOT to join LinkedIn, and to disable Cortana if that's still possible. If I go into a business meeting, I most likely do NOT want the people on the other side of the table to know very much about me at all. I have more flexibility that way.

--JorgeA

13 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Sure Google has both of them already, but that is not a good reason why the good MS guys should also have them.

LOL , Ms guys are not good , seriously they are malware writer.

Today only I have helped my 8Friends back to XP whose windows 7 got updated to 10.

Thanks to nlite/rvmi, all update pack creator , rufus (CD install takes lot time), SDI

Edited by Dibya

4 hours ago, Dibya said:

Today only I have helped my 8Friends back to XP whose windows 7 got updated to 10.

You downgraded them from perfect OS (windows 7) to XP s***? I wonder why did you do that to your "friends"...

Edited by kosamja

5 hours ago, JorgeA said:

Another reason NOT to join LinkedIn, and to disable Cortana if that's still possible. If I go into a business meeting, I most likely do NOT want the people on the other side of the table to know very much about me at all. I have more flexibility that way.

To play devil's advocate - once those people on the other side of the table discover they can't know much about you, they may very well decide you have something to hide and go do business elsewhere.

Frankly, it seems to me we are on a very slippery slope and gaining velocity.

I tinkered with 10 for a week after its rollout last year and was horrified by the reports of its snooping, and how tricky it is to completely disable it (all hail NoelC's tenacity in this area) - I haven't booted that partition since (although I'm tempted to ocassionally, just to see what the update does to my multiboot system...).

4 hours ago, kosamja said:

You downgraded them from perfect OS (windows 7) to XP s***? I wonder why did you do that to your "friends"...

Lol , No MS os is perfect after windows 2000.

Saying your 7 is better .

If you ever runed resoarce intensive apps like 3dMAX , MAYA, MangA Studio, AutoCad you might realized 7 is not perfect,

It is a great os for home user but not for professionals.

They asked me to do so . As they are getting twice thrice a month upgraded to windows 10 with out their wanting.

if you ever read few document of russia goverment how? much good things are there inside vista up os , you might got a heart attack.Nothing but NSA bakdoors.

if you ever tweaked , slimdowned , applied tweaks , applied skinpacks like XPTSP you never ever have thought of se7en.

Donot believe me , Try XP on mordern hardware with i3/i5/i7/pentium D then you will see how faster is it.