bigmuscle

@ BigMuscle as per your request

"Please, report all its bugs or expected features, so I can finish it and release it"

-When launching your Gui on battery and checking off the "Disable transparency.." 

When I click the "Save" button nothing happens.

ps: I also ran it as admin and same thing.

~DP 

And what of it?  It's Big Muscle's product to do with as he pleases.

Sure it is :yes:, and that is exactly the point.

You like it?

Good. Get it and comply with Bigmuscle's (perfectly legitimate) requests OR learn to live with the nags.

You don't like it?

Good as well, don't get it.

But whining (over and over - and over) about the way the tool is licensed and how it should be instead licensed is, besides annoying half the board members, is only very little distinguishable from a form of undue pressure/bullying against the developer.  :ph34r:

By the same token, attempting to misrepresent it as freeware offers another opportunity for the whiners to whine some more. :(

Let's call things with their name, let's clear how they are not up for comments/discussions and hopefully the whiners, might be able to get a life and stop the senseless bickering.

jaclaz

Stop spamming already for free keys, sent me a email* if you want a key with your machine id, I've got a lot of unused keys anyway after my last donation.

@bigmuscle

Is it possible to have a different blur for active and inactive windows?

*seahorsepip<at]outlook[dot>com

Edited by seahorsepip

GUI seems to work nicely to update things in real time here.  Seems like a nice adjunct to the program.  I like that you can see immediately the changes to the effects in the windows already on the screen.

The Donate tab screen is all blank, I assume on purpose.

I agree with dhjohns, it would be more like known interfaces (and thus easier to use) if it just would save and exit on pressing the [save] button (also it should exit on pressing [Cancel] as well).

-Noel

Yeah, donation tab is blank, because it is not needed at this time. My idea about buttons is to have only one Cancel button which should be rather called "Revert", it would revert any possibly bad value to previous state. Application would be closable only by titlebar's [X] button which would also save the settings. Having another button for app close is non-standard solution.

es, exactly! This has been annoying for quite some time. There is excessive, and blatant even, misleading misuse of these terms of "donations" and "freeware."

The problem is that this application has never been called "freeware". It has only been called "free" in the sense of distribution (available to everyone) and usage (can be installed everywhere and used for unlimited time). The reason why it is called "donation" has been explained several times and I will not do it again.

@ BigMuscle as per your request

-When launching your Gui on battery and checking off the "Disable transparency.." 

When I click the "Save" button nothing happens.

ps: I also ran it as admin and same thing.

~DP 

Yes, it is true that these two settings may not work correctly, because they should be stored into HKLM but I guess that the app stores them into HKCU which has not been tested at all. 

Is it possible to have a different blur for active and inactive windows?

currently, it is not, only different transparency is possible, but it is good idea for new feature :-)

@ Bigmuscle:

You could have a restore defaults button instead of calling it revert.  I do think that having it close by a button would be more intuitive than by just the X though.  Although this would not be totally unusual.

The sense of the "Cancel" button is not to revert to default values but to restore value which had been there before you changed it ;-) I'm not sure about your opinion - 100% of all windows are being closed by [X] button in titlebar, so why would it be more intuitive to close it via any additional button?

"Yes, it is true that these two settings may not work correctly, because they should be stored into HKLM but I guess that the app stores them into HKCU which has not been tested at all."

BM thanks for the reply and you are correct sir, I did a registry search after my bug post for "DisableGlassOnBattery" and found it in the per user HKCU, so should be a easy fix.

~DP :whistle: 

The sense of the "Cancel" button is not to revert to default values but to restore value which had been there before you changed it ;-) I'm not sure about your opinion - 100% of all windows are being closed by [X] button in titlebar, so why would it be more intuitive to close it via any additional button?

I agree with you there. Since Windows 3 it all been done closing by clicking on X. To me it a simple way

You are of course quite welcome to make it work the way you think it should work; I was just offering my suggestion.  But I'd say more software works the way I described, where an OK or Cancel button press cause the dialog to exit.

If you're going to have it work the way you describe, where it doesn't exit, maybe [Apply] and [Revert] might be better choices for button names?

-Noel

By the way, I'm just returning to older concern so things finally move on. And it is my GUI application, I didn't have time to finish it yet so I'm just reminding the link http://glass8.eu/stuff/gui.7z

Please, report all its bugs or expected features, so I can finish it and release it :-)

There a bug for me. Any adjustments I do to it I see it happen on the fly but when I click on "Save" and close the GUI it reverts back to default settings. I had it running as admin, too.

I would like to see a close button.  Right now the only way to close it is with the X in the top right hand corner!

If you are using the theme atlas, you would have to change it to a button using a modified version of the atlas file. It would involve the three X buttons in the picture.

Huh?  I don't see any picture!

My bad, you are talking about his gui program.....doh!

It's nice that so many offer their opinions to try to be helpful, but did it ever occur to you folks that it's just barely possible that legal pressure has been put on the guy that prevents him from selling it or presenting it just the way that would please your idle musings?  You folks have no idea what tactics go on in the real world of competitive commercial products.  Money talks, BS walks.  Microsoft doesn't WANT Aero Glass to be made available.  They took it out on purpose.  And they have a legal department to further their goals.  Think about it.

And what of it?  It's Big Muscle's product to do with as he pleases.  It's not like he's shoveling marketing BS to try to make it sound like it does something it doesn't; just the opposite - it delivers what it says it does where it counts.  Deal with it.

-Noel

To chime in real quick on this, Stardock has repeatedly claimed to be working with Microsoft to improve their product line, so I do not totally agree that Microsoft does not want AeroGlass to be around. There is also the fact that Microsoft has published on their tech site all the info bigmuscle used and uses to make his program work. It is what in Microsoft' view is their "open source" policy.

Hello bigmuscle, I come from China, English is not very good,I want to open private version,because in China can't use paypal donations,today I am to let my friend help with the account that he pay it, direct payment to your account, I give you hair mail, My friend's Payment account is :a511250471@gmail.com    My E-mail is:  suxinran521@hotmail.com

debug.rar

Edited by su2946

To chime in real quick on this, Stardock has repeatedly claimed to be working with Microsoft to improve their product line, so I do not totally agree that Microsoft does not want AeroGlass to be around. There is also the fact that Microsoft has published on their tech site all the info bigmuscle used and uses to make his program work. It is what in Microsoft' view is their "open source" policy.

You're aware Microsoft has removed Win32/desktop development information entirely from the list of documentation downloadable with Visual Studio 2013?

Fortunately the VS 2012 info is still out there and can be loaded.

Nothing they do is by accident.

-Noel