OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

Can also confirm this problem with installers on windows 8 and 10, installers made with Inno Setup will hang on desktop icon creation, never realised it was related to ONE until now.

Works like a charm here using inno setup 5.5.5. Tested it with several of my installers.

OK, thanks for the info, I am using 5.5.3, just went to their website and 5.5.6 is available, might give that a go and see if I have the same result.

Looks like I was incorrect, it wasn't icon creation nor anything to do with ONE, icons are created just fine, my problem was related to a autoit exe I have run at the end of the installer.

Edited by MrGRiM

The new build works for me in Win 10 as last build did not but I have an issue where  9 x out 10 cannot use WinRAR to extract a file I have archived by double clicking on it (default action), I can right click on it and extract.

It simply freezes for a second then does nothing

This issue goes away when I hit uninstall button and appears back when I install again in OldNewExplorer.

Edited by helmutcheese

Today I did install windows 10 final version.

There are a lot of programas that doesn't work if you have OldNewExplorer installed.

It seems that the issue is the same for all of them. All programas shut down when internal file explorer opens (nero, cdburnerxp for example)

Also, when you want to save a file in notepad (save as) the window hangs when file explorer opens to select saving location.

Hope the program work again with future updates. (i don't understand why microsoft does not include the option to select the location of details pane.)

And thanks for a great piece of software

Bug with latest version, renaming or creating new folders returns error "cant find the specified file", "The file or Folder does not exist"

This relates to the option "Use Libraries, Hide the folders in This PC" Disable this option and you can rename folders again.

It seems that the issue is the same for all of them. All programas shut down when internal file explorer opens (nero, cdburnerxp for example)

Having both these issues on Win 10 Pro x64

Uninstalled the ONE for the moment, but will keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Thanks for all the work you've done on this though, been using it for years and it's been invaluable, will take a while to get used to not having it now!

Bug with latest version, renaming or creating new folders returns error "cant find the specified file", "The file or Folder does not exist"

This relates to the option "Use Libraries, Hide the folders in This PC" Disable this option and you can rename folders again.

Also confirmed this bug.  Hope this gets fixed soon.  Been using ONE since Win8RTM and now can't stand Windows w/o this.  :)

Is Anybody else experiencing this problem?:

OldNewExplorer is not working correctly in my computer. I have set the option to show details panel at the bottom (the main reason I downloaded OldNewExplorer) and when I start Windows it works, until it fails and the details panel is again at one side. It can happen when I open a new explorer window or just when I move to another location in the same explorer window as in the following video:

https://youtu.be/Tg21tNXfBO4

Closing all explorer windows, unticking the option in OldNewExplorer settings, closing the settings, opening again, Ticking again the option, closing the settings and finally opening a new explorer window doesn't fix the fail. Restarting Explorer.exe in the task manager does fix it. Until it fails again, of course.

Apart from OldNewExplorer I am also using these other hacks:

- ClassicShell / Classic Explorer 4.2.1

- AutoHotkey 1.1.22.03 (but only with redefinitions for Keyboard and mouse clicks)

- WizMouse 1.7.0.3

- CBX Shell 4.6.2.0

- Sage Thumbs 2.0.0.22

I think that's all I have regarding to changes in the Windows Interface.

Oh, yes, and I have also tweaked in the Windows registry the distance between the icons of the desktop but I don't think this would affect OldNewExplorer.

Also confirmed this bug to Windows 10 !  hope soon will be fixed. 

ps. thanks in advance and gratitude Tihiy  for any effort.

1.1.6 http://tihiy.net/files/OldNewExplorer.rar

- Fixed deadlocks

ONE needs more love; will do

Earlier in a different topic I had posted something about my Settings App crashing when I go to Theme Settings. Somehow ONE was the cause of it since disabling it didn't cause Settings to crash. I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened to anyone else, but just incase. I'll give this a try and see if it happens again.

*Update* : Yeah, it's still crashing my settings app. Again, Idk if it's only me or if this is happening to other people. PC Reset doesn't help in this matter ethier for me because the moment I install the shell extension for O.N.E. Settings starts crashing out when I click "Theme Settings."

You're not alone, Everytime i go to Personalize > Themes > and click Themes Settings it just disappear!, For a few minutes after windows login everything works well though. Anyway thanks a lot for the deveolper for this awesome tiny app, Been using it since windows 8, Hopefully he will be able to fix this bug soon.

Edited by Surreal90

I‘m using Windows 10 64-bit, installing this program caused my File Explorer not to be able to rename, move files (when using CMD I actually could complete such tasks, not convienient though). I was getting an error as in the picture below.

6vLhIvD.png

Uninstalling this shell extension has solved the problem though I didn‘t have such issue in Windows 8.1.

Edited by MDJ

I‘m using Windows 10 64-bit, installing this program caused my File Explorer not to be able to rename, move files (when using CMD I actually could complete such tasks, not convienient though). I was getting an error as in the picture below.

6vLhIvD.png

Uninstalling this shell extension has solved the problem though I didn‘t have such issue in Windows 8.1.

I have so same

wIB32alIFf0.jpg

Fix this pls!

6vLhIvD.png

I have so same

wIB32alIFf0.jpg

Fix this pls!

Installing OldNewExplorer with these issues is not an option.