Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

I'm noticing artifacts with this latest version on the taskbar and start menu where Aero Glass is no longer meant to be active.

I also noticied that with RC1, but not with RC2. Transparent layered blur window seems to not update correctly. Also blur seems weaker with translucency than it should be, but I'm not sure.

If Ivo wants to know how to dissable accent, he should ask.

I'll contact Winaero developer to update his Opaque Taskbar for those interested in blur on taskbar without start menu if bugmuscle does not revise his opinion.

Ah, I guess those artifacts appears when the window is layered. I must admit that I don't know if I manage to fix it, because the same problem appears for layered windows even in Windows 7 implementation.

That's a shame, I tested with blur deviation set to 0 and the artifacts don't apear but the more blur deviation after 7 the stronger the artifacts in these non blured areas.

"Competitor" perhaps, but I don't think there is 100% overlap, so I believe there are people that like to use both to be able to get all of the features available in each program.

Cheers and Regards

Thanks for the idea, i have StartIsBack & ClassicShell installed, NOW ClassicShell & blur on taskbar are working as they should, with the right settings in StartIsBack & ClassicShell. :w00t:

post-378787-0-30773000-1387460836_thumb.

With Taskbar blur

post-378787-0-99437100-1387462575_thumb.

And no blur at all with WinaeroGlass.exe and DWMGlass.dll.

post-378787-0-45924600-1387462195_thumb.

Edited by ace2

Ah, I guess those artifacts appears when the window is layered. I must admit that I don't know if I manage to fix it, because the same problem appears for layered windows even in Windows 7 implementation.

I sent you a pm with a video to show you exactly what's going on.

--edit--

Strange, I played a bit with the colors in Personalization panel and now I can't reproduce that bug...

Edited by Tusticles

I sent you a pm with a video to show you exactly what's going on.

--edit--

Strange, I played a bit with the colors in Personalization panel and now I can't reproduce that bug...

Thanks, I fixed glitches in thumbnail windows.

Next release is going be the Final version or is there still one more RC to go?

And can you please the popup issue? I have popup of beta show up even BEFORE I logon under my account :( please

And can you please the popup issue? I have popup of beta show up even BEFORE I logon under my account :( please

"Issue"? That popup is not an issue, you can get rid of it by donating, if you talk about the console window wait for final version.

"Issue"? That popup is not an issue, you can get rid of it by donating, if you talk about the console window wait for final version.

I know popup is not an "issue".. What I'm saying is I don't mind seeing the popup as long as it pops ups AFTER I login into my account. And yes I plan on donating after the final version is out for 8.1

I know popup is not an "issue".. What I'm saying is I don't mind seeing the popup as long as it pops ups AFTER I login into my account. And yes I plan on donating after the final version is out for 8.1

Then stop complaining about it.

You should know that your first post sounded like a lot of others, which go something like "I want I want I want! whiiiine! wahhhh!"

Is there something fundamentally going wrong on your system because the pop-up is showing up before you're logging in? I'm sure that if you're having a legitimate problem, BigMuscle will want to hear about it.

Please understand that people have been complaining about the pop-up and watermark forever, and it gets reeeeally tiring to those of us testing this software and trying to help BigMuscle perfect it to have to keep hearing childish complaints about it. I can't imagine those complaints make him feel all that cheerful either.

So either document the problem, or stop complaining.

-Noel

You should know that your first post sounded like a lot of others, which go something like "I want I want I want! whiiiine! wahhhh!"

Is there something fundamentally going wrong on your system because the pop-up is showing up before you're logging in? I'm sure that if you're having a legitimate problem, BigMuscle will want to hear about it.

Please understand that people have been complaining about the pop-up and watermark forever, and it gets reeeeally tiring to those of us testing this software and trying to help BigMuscle perfect it to have to keep hearing childish complaints about it. I can't imagine those complaints make him feel all that cheerful either.

-Noel

Dwag you need to chill out. Yes its a legitimate problem.. because the popup shows up before I login so it doesn't allow me to move it and click on the password field. So I've to reboot quickly and click on the password field before the popup shows up. If thats not a problem then I don't know what is.

-Noel

Dwag you need to chill out. Yes its a legitimate problem.. because the popup shows up before I login so it doesn't allow me to move it and click on the password field. So I've to reboot quickly and click on the password field before the popup shows up. If thats not a problem then I don't know what is.

Have you tried alt-tab?