Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

I already tried examining this problem and the cause is that even if rendering area is e.g. [1920-2500], Direct2D context still returns the size of the first screen only (1920), so I must find a way to fix it :-)

Any chance of an x86 release for the next version bigmuscle? Would love to try aero glass on 8.1, your solution in 8 was great and I do miss it.

It will be released when I get it into fully working state. The reason is that I must search/compute offsets for many DWM internal functions/objects/variables and it would take much more time if I need to get everything twice (one for x64 and x86). When I am sure that I don't need more data, I will compute them for 32-bit all at once.

Created BlurDeviation dword, it works with 0(removes glitches completely) and 30(this will show different glitches), and any other value will cause a bug, when you drag and move the window from right to left and from bottom to top. This can be fixed by removing the BlurDeviation entry from registry or if I set it to 0 or 30 but 30 will create different glitches.

I took the picture with a phone because Print Screen won't catch the bug.

Keep up the good work!

Do you have Win8 RTM or preview ? it seems that glass safety zone failed to create, could you share your debug.log ?

Windows 8.1 RTM

Deleted the log file then enabled BlurDeviation in this order

BlurDeviation 0 - works fine

BlurDeviation 10 - Image

BlurDeviation 15 - less visual errors

BlurDeviation 20 - same as 10

BlurDeviation 25 - works fine

BlurDeviation 30 - same as 15

Without BlurDeviation entry - works fine

debug_tusticles_8.1BETA1.rar

Edited by Tusticles

!!! WARNING !!! FOR bigmuscle AERO GLASS for Win8.1 Beta 1 IS GIVING AWAY FREE License key IN debug log.

MY Install and i have NOT Donated:

Installed Win8.1 Beta 1 TO C:\Glass

Installed en_windows_8_1_symbols_x64_2712576 TO C:\Glass\Symbols

OPEN debug log and you will find

Machine ID: and License code:

Edited by ace2

bigmuscle, Thanks for AERO GLASS for Win8.1 Beta 1 update, it is working well. :thumbup

with

en_windows_8_1_symbols_x64_2712576.msi

Thanks to paul70 on Page 5 #124. :thumbup

Edited by ace2

Thanks bigmuscle, Beta1 is working great on my laptop. I am currently using a custom theme with the help of the BypassThemeSignature from your utility on Win8.1 RTM (Pro), and is working as expected.

Will provide the debug.log later...

paul70: so multiple displays problem seems to be fixed now. I need to fix some additional problems now and then will release another beta.

Oh, these are great news! Thanks for taking care of it so fast :thumbup

paul70: so multiple displays problem seems to be fixed now. I need to fix some additional problems now and then will release another beta.

Good work BM, is there any chance you could fix the caption glow so it reads from the stream image if you are not using the glow image, at the moment if you remove the glow.bmp there is a glow there but it is using some strange properties instead of the DWM images, the glow color is taken from the global settings Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Colors (Globals) > GlowColor and the glow Intensity is being taken from the DWM Window property, Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > Window > GlowIntensity = 305, I have not been able to find where the text glow size property is been read from though.

It is the intention - when glow.bmp is not present, it uses standard DrawThemeTextEx API flag DTT_GLOWSIZE with glow size set to 5. Putting glow image (as well as aero stripes) directly into atlas is planned but I am not sure how it will work in Win8.1.

It is the intention - when glow.bmp is not present, it uses standard DrawThemeTextEx API flag DTT_GLOWSIZE with glow size set to 5. Putting glow image (as well as aero stripes) directly into atlas is planned but I am not sure how it will work in Win8.1.

OK that's good to hear, I think the aero stripes implemented through the DWMGlass.dll works pretty good as it is, it would be great if it could some how be added back to the theme atlas but I think that may be hard to do, at least with the glow image it was already semi working anyway and at least the theme atlas already supports it.

I am sure you will figure out the best way to proceed though, keep up the great work and thanks for the reply :)

Hi guys,

I have windows 8.1 since two days.. But I try to set the aero glass mod and it does not work .. I have always the same errors.. has about symbols with DWM..

Please help i love aero!

Hi guys,

I have windows 8.1 since two days.. But I try to set the aero glass mod and it does not work .. I have always the same errors.. has about symbols with DWM..

Please help i love aero!

The Aero Glass utility needs to download symbol files from MS servers, thats the reason for the error, Currently only donators with licence keys can download the symbols automatically. You can download the Windows 8.1 symbol debug ISO from MSDN, make a symbols folder in the Aero Glass utility folder and dump the required symbol files there or you can donate and get a license key.

I believe it is some paypal problem, because I didn't touch anything. It worked correctly after logging into your paypal account. I tried to regenerate paypal button without using encryption of included data and now it seems to be working. Could someone confirm that it works now?