Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

// Okay is fine so the some errors above is normal!?

Yes, errors in log are normal, because function patterns are not included yet and thus it always fails (and will read the symbol file then).

Okay and for the picture bigmuscle ? How to disable this message? and.. the control box I found a way temporarily to close it.. if you have a suggestion to close it at each startup.

It cannot be disabled, that is the point. He explicitly states that this is a beta/prototype build and not intended for normal use.

Yes I hoped to remove it because I like aero! unfortunately it is not possible , I'll wait for a better version.

bigmuscle: Thanks for your work,

I see a lot of this:

[0xB50] Failed to load custom theme file (0x2)

0x2 = file not found

Custom themes is working Perfectly, what does aero stripes have to do with this? or am I missing something?

I wonder if it's possible to fix the problem shown in the attached image (animated GIF, open separately if animation isn't shown) . Windows 8.0 and 8.1 behave differently when rendering the titlebar buttons in maximized windows. Although the same graphics are used (as shown by the numbers) and the overall height stays the same, Windows 8.1 renders both the blue and green pixel rows, while windows 8.0 (correctly) renders only the blue pixel row.

post-381566-0-49903900-1381476304_thumb.

Edited by Hancoque

And what intensity did you set?

Oh, I had no idea that it worked like that, I thought 0 was disabled and any other value to get it enabled. I have set it to 150 now, it is visible, previously I only set it to 10.

Okay I have your file now i do not have MSDN account but I took a torrent. Now aero glass is working!! But I have some errors in the log and the control box does not want to close, how do I do that?

Here the new log: http://pastebin.com/0nzLpaR8

That you cannot close the dwm window is intentional until the final release for debugging purposes. You can minimize it though.

Okay is fine so the some errors above is normal!?

However this window appears often it is really disturbing! How to remove it? I click yes or no it returns again.

8qsb.png

To get rid of that message box you got to donate 3€ or more at http://glass8.berlios.de/donate.html

noob question: after donating, how do i get this machine code the form on the donate page wants?

edit: ok reading another part of the forum i see its supposed to appear in a popup, well the only popup i get is the one telling me that my dwm is not compatible, and asking if i want to retry downloading the symbols, i'm trying to use the beta1 on win8.1 RTM

thanks

Edited by truexfan81

you can find the machine code in the debug.log.

[0x39C] Machine ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

hmm ok got the key file, logged out and back in, its still not downloading the symbols, and is telling me that my dwm is no compatible with aero glass

edit: nevermind, its working now :D

but with one major issue, any window i drag to the secondary monitor becomes 100% invisible

Edited by truexfan81

but with one major issue, any window i drag to the secondary monitor becomes 100% invisible

Known Issue, bigmuscle has fixed it. He will soon release the new version, beta 2.

well for now i have opened regedit and disabled aero glass, i look forward to trying beta 2.