Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

DBGHELP: Symbol Search Path: .;SRV*C:\AEROGL~1\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com
/download/symbols
DBGHELP: .\uDWM.pdb - file not found
DBGHELP: .\dll\uDWM.pdb - file not found
DBGHELP: .\symbols\dll\uDWM.pdb - file not found
DBGHELP: udwm - public symbols
C:\AEROGL~1\symbols\uDWM.pdb\3390D9FEA065400287985BDD4C644B942\uDWM.pdb
DBGHELP: .\dwmcore.pdb - file not found
DBGHELP: .\dll\dwmcore.pdb - file not found
DBGHELP: .\symbols\dll\dwmcore.pdb - file not found
DBGHELP: dwmcore - public symbols
C:\AEROGL~1\symbols\dwmcore.pdb\E7E851415120490A9A8258F420FD56BC2\dwmcor
e.pdb
DWM Identifier: "

I got this problem, how to fix it?

It meant to say that. It only in Alpha stage that why the DWM window stays open for.

Do you read your private messages? I bet you read them but you don't want to reply.

I got this problem, how to fix it?

Near as I can tell, you didn't describe a problem. With this beta software everyone sees a DWM window with things like what you've shown in it.

-Noel

Do you read your private messages? I bet you read them but you don't want to reply.

This site doesn't notify me of private messages, and honestly I don't notice the indication, so no, I haven't read a private message here in a while.

Judging from what you've written, which sounds ominous, perhaps I don't want to read them. :)

-Noel

Isnt it much much much simpler to give a short answer than stacking 2 pages of " STFU NOOB and READ MORE !"

Daveo76, if i m not wrong everything is ok on your side

DBGHELPER is looking for the file uDWM.pdb in the .\ folder and doesnt find it, then in .\dll and doesnt find it, .\symbol\dll and doesnt find it and finaly find it in the C:\AEROGL...[yada yada]...... folder
Same for the second file.

I guess it's all ok

Edited by David13

Isnt it much much much simpler to give a short answer than stacking 2 pages of " STFU NOOB and READ MORE !"

Daveo76, if i m not wrong everything is ok on your side

DBGHELPER is looking for the file uDWM.pdb in the .\ folder and doesnt find it, then in .\dll and doesnt find it, .\symbol\dll and doesnt find it and finaly find it in the C:\AEROGL...[yada yada]...... folder
Same for the second file.

I guess it's all ok

I get that same message. I presume Big Muscle is aware of it. Since it only in Alpha stage

AERO GLASS for Win8.1 Beta 1

Ok, it took me a longer time. I didn't have much time during the last period but I managed to do something, so let's start hunting for bugs, glitches and crashes :-)

Notes:

* code refactoring

* completely rewritten glass safety zone layer to match the same thing in Win7/8

* some blur buffer optimizations

* custom theme resource (atlas image) can still be loaded from themeatlas.png file only (it will be fixed later)

* DWM symbols are still needed (it will be changed in RC/final) - dbghelp.dll+symsrv.dll now included so symbols will download automatically if you have license key

* glass reflection is moving a bit (similar to effect in Win7)

http://glass8.berlios.de

Edited by bigmuscle

Hey guys.

Got it up and running, works great so far, but this window comes up every boot and I can't dismiss it. Have I done something wrong somewhere or is this normal? Any way to get rid of it?

Untitled_4.png

Hey,

first off thanks for Aero Glass and to bring back what MS removed. I gladly donated EUR 20 in the hope you continue to work on this great project.

I just installed windows 8.1 pro RTM and Aero Glass beta 1 and it seems everything is working but I'm having a some issues with my multiple monitors configuration:

- on my first monitor (main display) everything seems to work correctly but on my second monitor things are not displayed correctly: first the display is completely black and when I drag any window to it, it happens what shown on the screenshot (link below)

- with this 2 monitor configuration it happens sometimes that windows borders start "flashing" on my main display and dwm ocasionally crashes (this only happened once though).

- if I disable the second monitor on NVIDIA Control Panel, Aero Glass works without issues

Now, before you start throwing stones at me :-) , I do know this is still a beta version, but as I didn't see any infos related to multiple monitors configurations (sorry if this was refered somewhere and I did miss it), I decided to register in the forum and post the issue as I don't know if this issue is normal in this beta stage or if I did something wrong or even if multiple monitor configurations are not supported.

In case this is relevant:

- NVIDIA latest drivers 331.40

- NVIDIA GTX 680

- Second monitor is plugged in DVI

Screenshot showing the mentioned issue: http://abload.de/image.php?img=screenshot5ukud.jpg

Edited by paul70

Thanks for your report. Multiple-displays configuration has not been tested yet, because I have no way to test it (does somebody know whether it is possible to emulate it e.g. in VMWare?). What is your resolution on both displays?

@bigmuscle

thanks for the quick reply. I know VMWare can simulate multiple monitors, but I don't know the exact settings.

Virtualbox does it too: http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch03.html#settings-display

Edit:

For VMWare:

Go to the VM hardware settings -> Display settings -> and set the number of virtual displays.

here: http://abload.de/image.php?img=unbenannt-24xst1.jpg

I didn't test it though

Edited by paul70

Thanks got the beta now, I figured out how to get it after I posted that anyway, just thought I would mention it though so you could update your site.

Looking good as far as I can see so far, is there anything in particular you would like us to test?

Here is a screen of how it looks now with a new theme I made, it's an imported Windows 7 theme that I have modified and removed all the round corners, also modified the caption buttons and brought back the glow effect.

7fdzgm0um2ne7nefg.jpg

Download the theme from Mediafire here http://www.mediafire.com/download/21yxxkkntdfqpdc/Aero_Glow.zip

Edited by MrGRiM