How to install Windows from USB- WinSetupFromUSB with GUI

@jaseuk

Check in Program directory\winsetup\files\PyronSetup\I386 if setup.ex_ exist. Most likely an antivirus program either deleted it or doesn't let copying it. Download fresh copy of the program or turn off your antivirus.

thanks I'll look into that

I am trying to install XP. Ive used the prog to get it on the USB drive. But im getting this error:

'Booting first poart of windows xp profesional sp3 setup from partition 0

address 0x8280: value 0x80

drive 0x81(lba):c/h/s=1024/240/63, sector count/size=156295440/512

partition num:0,active, filesystem type is ntfs, partition type 0x07

geometry (hd1)

Error 15: file not found

press any keyu to continue'

Sorry for spelling....Any ideas anyone?>

Hi, first of all, thanks for all your patience and efforts.

I build a USB drive with 1.06 beta, but always I try to install I get BSoD 0x0000007E error.

This errors came up after the first screen, I just select "First Part ..." then when I hit enter, inmediatly I get the error.

The very same configuration and files works flawlessly with 0.2.3. I just use 1.06 beta and everything goes crazy.

I simply doesn´t figure out what is going on!

Before I post this message I tried to search in the forum and the web, but nothing came up.

I hope you guys can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by embyq

Hey,

FYI I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials and downloading the new Beta version if popped up as a Virus

Category: Trojan Downloader

Description: This program is dangerous and downloads other programs.

Recommendation: Permit this detected item only if you trust the program or the software publisher.

Microsoft Security Essentials detected programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer. You can still access the files that these programs use without removing them (not recommended). To access these files, select the 'Allow' action and click 'Apply actions'. If this option is not available, log on as administrator or ask the local administrator for help.

Items:

containerfile:C:\Users\Jay\Desktop\WinSetup-1-0-beta6.7z

file:C:\Users\Jay\Desktop\WinSetup-1-0-beta6.7z->files/winsetup/PyronSetup/i386/setup.ex_->setup.exe

file:C:\Users\Jay\Desktop\WinSetup-1-0-beta6.7z->files/winsetup/PyronSetup/i386/setup_dbg.ex_->setup_dbg.exe

webfile:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\LocalCopy\{D2FD3E97-44D3-487B-95F3-2A08BE06351E}-WinSetup-1-0-beta6.7z|http://www.datafilehost.com/get.php?file=deec7fdd

webfile:C:\Users\Jay\Desktop\WinSetup-1-0-beta6.7z|http://www.datafilehost.com/get.php?file=deec7fdd

FYI I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials and downloading the new Beta version if popped up as a Virus

Read Post #1056

Write a error report to Security Essentials manufacturer:

ask to fix the broken security application.

I am trying to install XP. Ive used the prog to get it on the USB drive. But im getting this error:

'Booting first poart of windows xp profesional sp3 setup from partition 0

address 0x8280: value 0x80

drive 0x81(lba):c/h/s=1024/240/63, sector count/size=156295440/512

partition num:0,active, filesystem type is ntfs, partition type 0x07

geometry (hd1)

Error 15: file not found

press any keyu to continue'

Sorry for spelling....Any ideas anyone?>

Hi, first of all, thanks for all your patience and efforts.

I build a USB drive with 1.06 beta, but always I try to install I get BSoD 0x0000007E error.

This errors came up after the first screen, I just select "First Part ..." then when I hit enter, inmediatly I get the error.

The very same configuration and files works flawlessly with 0.2.3. I just use 1.06 beta and everything goes crazy.

I simply doesn´t figure out what is going on!

Before I post this message I tried to search in the forum and the web, but nothing came up.

I hope you guys can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Can you both run the program again with the prepared USB stick attached, select ONLY "Test in QEMU", select "First part of setup" and report if you get to the partitioning screen?

What hardware are you installing on? If laptop- what brand&model, if desktop- motherboard model.

@embyq

What Service Pack is the Windows you are using?

Many time's ago i create witj your nice tool boot flash!

And it is very good!!!

But time is going, hands waved and etc

After making new XPSP3 with intgrated updates I try update my flash!

First (and very fool) i copy only new files to flash by the explorer!!!

Flash stay work not correct! Her drive letter is D !

But it must be U.

Then i try copy with you tool!

It nice copy all, but letter of flash is D.

How to correct this?

After copy I see that all information duplicated!

In folder WINSETUP I see folders XPSP3 and XPSP31, and files XPpSP3.ISO and XPpSP31.ISO

May bee your make additional buttons "Update contents" ?

After pressing this button files and folders will be replaced changed files and folders to the same place, instead copy to new folders!?

Thank you for this wonderful tool

One option that I was dreaming about them for a long time its the "prepare windows to be install on usb" i happy to see you include this in your tool but its not work.

I tried with several different sources (sp2,sp3 with all driver pack merged in,2003)and on the copy files proses its say "cannot copy the file UsbBootW.exe.... ITS NOT A VIALED WINDOWS IMAGE......"

I UNPLAGUED THE DRIVE AND COPY THIS FILE ON ANOTHER COMPUTER TO WINDOWS AND TO SYSTEM32 FOLDERS... THEN I CONTINUE WITH THE SETUP BUT AFTER THE SCENED RESTART I GET BLUE SCREEN

What's the problem?

And has anyone was able to install this way?

thanks again!!

Ok so I ran this all goes well until it asks what partition to install XP on. Of course I want to format the whole drive and install fresh on one partition. Problem is the only partition it is seeing is U: partition1 on the USB stick. Not showing me any partitions that are on the actual netbook. Help?

Thank you for this wonderful tool

One option that I was dreaming about them for a long time its the "prepare windows to be install on usb" i happy to see you include this in your tool but its not work.

I tried with several different sources (sp2,sp3 with all driver pack merged in,2003)and on the copy files proses its say "cannot copy the file UsbBootW.exe.... ITS NOT A VIALED WINDOWS IMAGE......"

I UNPLAGUED THE DRIVE AND COPY THIS FILE ON ANOTHER COMPUTER TO WINDOWS AND TO SYSTEM32 FOLDERS... THEN I CONTINUE WITH THE SETUP BUT AFTER THE SCENED RESTART I GET BLUE SCREEN

What's the problem?

And has anyone was able to install this way?

thanks again!!

The issue why this part has not moved further is because Setup started that way bluescreens 0x7B with only USB disks attached, so USB-->USB setup with no internal disks doesn't work. Need a lot of spare time, which I don't currently have, to test, if it's fixable at all.

It could be used for USB-->IDE/SATA install and then image it to USB disk, to be tested.

As for the error you are getting-

try modifying checksum:

pechecksum -c usbbootw.exe

Get pechecksum.exe:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5381

You may want to test the whole setup in QEMU:

Rename test.img to test.img.bak in winsetupfromusb program directory\files\qemu\

Create a new test.img file:

fsutil file createnew test.img 2000000000

Use the program with QEMU option selected and prepared USB stick, now you will have 2GB virtual HD to install onto. Setup completes fine, USB disk is not touched, just be careful on partition screen NOT to select the USB disk.

Good piece of work man:)

XP & Windows 7 works fine copying to the USBdrive, havent tested it yet.. I'll add Win2k and WinXP today if i can and try it:)

Woudnt it be possible to just have diff. folders with the OS? I know other files need to be edited to make the setup etc work but isnt there some small apps to edit those files?

What version of the program did you use?

1.0 beta6 puts XP/2000/2003 files in own folders in \WINSETUP. For 7/Vista isn't easy to accomplish that, so files&folders go to root.

0.2.3 also puts XP/2000/2003 files in own ~BT and ~LS folders in root.