If you could see any band live, who would it be?

jayroller

Ok, lets say you can put a gig together with any artist(s) living or dead. One support act, one headline act. Who would you choose? And why?

My choices would be:

As my openers, I'd go for a band called The Prisoners. 1980's Mod revival groovers, with a hammond organ and attitude. And some fine, fine songs. Everything I look for in a band, they had. Good songs, great tunes, and a fine vocalist in Graham Day (who later formed The Prime Movers and The Solarflares), but most importantly, the screaming, swirling hammond organ of James Taylor (who later had his own Quartet). Just the thing to get the crowd in the mood.

Headlining, without a doubt, Bon Scott-era AC/DC. Pure rock n roll. Bon Scott. What a guy. Auditioned for AC/DC by downing a bottle of Jack Daniels, some coke, speed, a few joints and declaring himself "ready now". :rolleyes: (Don't try this at home, kids!) Died in 1980, choked on his own vomit. Like I say, pure rock n roll. But possibly the finest rock frontman ever. Angus in his school uniform. As Spinal Tap said, "not a dry seat in the house". :) You can keep your cap-wearing nancy boy nu-metal tat, give me a sweaty, mulleted, screaming frontman with talent and passion and I'll show you proper rock music.

It was a tough choice, but it'd do me just fine. Now, where did I put my deaths-head belt buckle........ :D

• 4 weeks later...

opening act would be concrete blonde or dj soulslinger.. depending on what mood im in for that day.

henry rollins doing spoken word between the acts. d-kay doing a little dnb afterwords

the main act... thats a very hard question.

ive always been a smashing pumpkins fan. thats one band i wish i would have seen before they split. radiohead ive seen a couple of times , and i plan on seeing them as much as possible. they put on awesome shows.

well since ive already seen radiohead (granted not in a small club setting, but..) id have to go with smashing pumpkins.

this is in a small musty club holding only about 100 people. nice and close and personal.

im not so alternative anymore but still if i could i would like to see nirvana in rl but that time is gone

otherwise luke slater and dj tiesto .....

YEA DUDE NIRVANA RULE!!! I would like to see metallica as opener and Nirvana as the closing act :)