HFSLIP web site comments

Tomcat76

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this topic is still alive, but instead of having to repeatedly click on "Basic", "Advanced", "Important", or "Special" repeatedly to find all the features, it seems like it would be nicer to have it organized by feature. It would be hard to do though, and possibly this wouldn't improve things. I guess a less drastic idea would be to keep the existing structure, but maybe add a page with an index of features that link to the information on how to do it. (making good use of your #a1, #a2 , etc. anchors)

Edited by daddydave

hi TC! a fews back i printed this website from Introduction to Links ... all printed out fine (without printing the left frame) ... however i tried printing "Important things to know --- please read!" part today as this has just been added, but apparently this time the left frame printed making what i expected to be a single page (to 2 pages max) to 4 pages ... retried it with a different link (this time Complete Changelog which printed in 24 pages) & still the same, frames printed ... i do not recall changing any setting the last time i printed the other pages, links for that matter ... what happened? could the additioon of a new page? :( thanks!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Kiki---

The only page which has frames (iframes, actually) is the download pop-up; all others are "regular." I will add a print stylesheet one of these days which will hopefully fix your problem too.

daddydave---

Thanks for the comments. I was looking at it from the "beginner to advanced user" perspective when I made the site, and I think using more than one "index" is a little too much. Also, the difference between "Advanced" and "Special" is that the former is for advanced users while the latter is about harmless extras meant for everyone.

The idea is that an expert user only needs to go by the changelog. I was usually very careful about adding links to other pages on the site if a certain HFSLIP update needed more explanation, though this was a problem lately because of the lack of the "Important things to know" page.

The site needs updated, and I'll see if I can improve the structure somehow too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...