Why is everyone so excited about Longhorn?

jayroller

ok no effense buddy but shutting down the internet at 10:30 would just be fuced up stupid 2 do and only sum1 old would think of a stupid idea like that pay so much money 4 ****in internet and cant go on at certain hours that would be retarded and thats the best time 2 b on msn so screw that idea  and maybe theres so much hype over longhorn is because theres allot more computer users and there r more experinced computer users then there were when neptune or whistler came out. Those r my reasons 4 that being that dumbest thing ever said!

P.S r u drunk

P.S.S Or just 1 of those old guys that i was talkin about in this post

nope.. cant find a translator for that on babblefish...

Maybe there will be one on Jeffk's site.

someone uses SMS messaging too much i think :)

Yeah its ridiculous, there's no text limitation on the Internet, why the need to use SMS type of talking? It just makes it a lot more difficult to read and understand, as people make a rush job of typing it up.

heh anyway, people who type like that, don't expect many replies cos most people won't bother. :)

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to Longhorn, but only when it reaches a reasonable - beta? - build. What I don't get is everyone getting so excited by the current versions, horrible flaky alpha things with features not yet implemented or just seemingly tacked on without refinement (hello, winFS!). It will be interesting to see what the beta builds contain, compared with the throw-all-the-bits-together-and-see-what-happens nature of the current alphas.

6 months time, yeah, I'll be well excited about LH, but now? If I want an OS that crashes at the drop of a hat, I'll go back to Win95. If I want bloatware, hello WinME. For now? I'll stick to XP.It does what I want, most of the time, and if thats not a Minor Microsoft Miracle, I don't know what is. :rolleyes:

(btw, especially for grunge, I'm sure the group will all chip in to buy you this - sorry mate, couldn't find a braincell on ebay to keep yours company :) )

I Used it only for one week, it's a buggy and unstable OS. Only it is a little bit beautiful than other MS OS, Espeically the Task Bar. Nothing else special, I think.

I am waiting for the Beta release, :).

the only real concern I have about this new OS is the amount of control that other people will have over your PC

digital rights management

changing settings that MS does not want you to change (settings that you change but they reset upon restart)

I am really not happy about any senario that does not allow me to have 100% control over every item on my PC

I am really not happy about any senario that does not allow me to have 100% control over every item on my PC

Me neither. If this happen to be true, I'll stick to XP and win2k3, or switch to Linux.

New windows versions are fancy and bring each some improvements, that's why i decided myself for WinXP when it went out, and to get Win2K3 also, but for our corporate network i prefer a system such as windows 2000 who is fast, efficient, "reliable" (at least i trust it more than XP pro) and with an interface people are used to. A company is not a place full of geeks like us, many people don't know more than editing word or excel files and printing them, though i know exceptions everywhere.

Those people need to be "comforted" (dunno an english translation) with an interface they know for years. In this, the classic interface of XP and 2K3 is good (even if nobody will get 2K3 on a desktop at work, in normal cases). The XP style isn't that hard to understand, but the menu can be mistaking with too many options.

For Longhorn, i like the interface showed in the last captures by AaronXP, but who knows how it'll be in a place with people disliking computers, technology and evolution.

You will not believe me, but a colleague (a woman of a certain age already) told me that truly she regrets when she had Windows 3.1 because it was easier.

Maybe because i deinstalled her the Solitaire ?