Domain blocklist, revised.

Well a FYI to anyone that still is interested in this project... I have noticed that downloads from apple are blocked (ex: quicktime). apple.com and edgesuite.net should be removed to correct the issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Does this file work with Internet Explorer 7?

Yes it does.

Can i use this on Win98SE

The ActiveX control kill bit is supported by Internet Explorer 5.01 SP2 and above, so as long as you're running a supported IE version, the operating system version doesn't matter.

Edited by Ctrl-X

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Please excuse me for not beeing active anymore as my current job situation does not allow any more time for this project. I'm sad to announce I will no longer have time to keep this list up to date in the near future, but please feel free to continue this project. The list may not be up-to-date, but still very complex and good to use :)

Thank you for all of your support, and all is well :D

Wish you all a happy 2007!

@BoardBabe - Sorry to hear that you aren't able to help with this project anymore :(

However, I have just put together a new Domain_Blocklist database.

I taken your original 7509 domains, and have added 52,618 additional domains... bringing the total to a whopping 60,127!!!

I have currently compiled it in 3 different formats (REG, INF & HOSTS File)

However, if the HOSTS file is to be used "DNS Client" service needs to be Stopped, otherwise it can dramaticly slow down displaying of pages.

I have a couple more things I have to do before I release it... but it will be done soon! :)

Please excuse me for not beeing active anymore as my current job situation does not allow any more time for this project. I'm sad to announce I will no longer have time to keep this list up to date in the near future, but please feel free to continue this project. The list may not be up-to-date, but still very complex and good to use :)

Thank you for all of your support, and all is well :D

Wish you all a happy 2007!

Your contribution has undoubtebly helped us all at some time, all the best my friend & hope to see you round here when you can. :hello:

It good to see our friend twig 123 is considering running with your creation a very worthwhile project at that.

I think I have the blocklists updated... but I need some testers to see if anything needs to be added or removed from my new lists.

Where would you all like me to upload the to so everyone can get them?

~Dave