PC World's Top 10 Antivirus Software

alsiladka

cant belive nod32 aint in list, oh well :blink:

Not to sound cynical or anything, but when it comes to reviews and rankings one must take everything with a grain of salt. Make that a few grains of salt, considering the contributions and gifts that exchange hands. The only thing I respect when it comes to that, is other users' opinions.

That's with any industry by the way. Even if the review is free of manipulation, one must consider the test conditions. All a review can claim, is that under *these* particular conditions, brand A scored this, and brand B scored that. More conditions and the test becomes even more dependent on those conditions. I went through all this BS when I was researching laptops a few weeks ago. More than half the time, consumer comments were at odds with reviews.

The bottom line is, real-life opinions and comments are far more valuable than "official" product reviews. For me, anyway.

Don't fall for that crap. The anti-virus companies pay the magazine companies to give their product a higher ranking.

its true, they do :}

the fact it that nod32 and avast are in the top 3 and we know that. and the fact that norton is even considered top 10 is bull.

Where is F-Prot (the one I use)? And what's Norton doing up there?

The reviews themselves are actually self-contradictory, if you inspect them carefully. One of them says that everything was excellent but then gives it a low ranking.

Definitely not a reliable source...

Don't fall for that crap. The anti-virus companies pay the magazine companies to give their product a higher ranking.

i agree with you 100% .. many of companies pay to the magazine to move the ranking.. so do not believe