Post Pictures and Specifications of your computer here!

ripken204

post-57434-1143584147_thumb.jpg

P4 3G

1G Ram

ECS 661FX-M7 all-in-one Board

Max 64 graphics SIS

Realtek Ac'97 audio

DVD-RW Lite-on 16X

200G H/D

4 USB 2 at back - 2 front

10/100Lan

NO floppy disk - by request

Modem should come out..

Bigpond Wireless Broadband EXT. Modem

STD MS Black K/B and OPT mouse

Case MEC Mod. EX-919-13A25-BS

Acecat Flair Tablet & pen

Polyview 19" TFT-LCD V396 Monitor

& one white dog

---------------------------------------------

Need for Vista..

*VISTA

*Video card with Vista drivers

*Extra 1G Ram

post-57434-1143584190_thumb.jpg

Well, I've never seen anything like that. What are the specs?

You got three H/D's. Slaves or RAID backup?

What is an OTES RAMflow? Some double fan cooler for the CPU. Why is it called RAMflow?

Did you get the plastic exhaust pipe you see on my case? Does everyone?

I had such a heck of a job to get the OEM to leave out the floppy, (at my expense) broke his heart. Could not bring myself to say ditch the 56K modem as well.

The case is designed with the floppy slot, but I just consider it an extra cooling slot!

Will we ever be able to move into the future now .. and let go of the past 56K and 3 1/2" 1.44Mb? Not really, everyone will come back and swear they use these things every day and cannot live without them. Bit like Microsoft will not let go of paint - when they could have gotten us an OLD PhotoImpact, say 5 or 6 plus a vector with Xara Xtreme.

Such is life..

Well, I've never seen anything like that. What are the specs?

You got three H/D's. Slaves or RAID backup?

What is an OTES RAMflow? Some double fan cooler for the CPU. Why is it called RAMflow?

Did you get the plastic exhaust pipe you see on my case? Does everyone?

I take it your talking about mine?

Its my new rig:

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

AMD Athlon64 3700 1 MB L2 Cache

2GB Crucial Ballistixs PC4000

XFX nVIDIA Geforce 7600GT 256MB XXX

Sound Blaster Audigy

500WATT Antec Modular PSU

X2 SATA2 WD 80GB in Raid0 - OS Install

X1 SATA WD 200GB - Store

X1 External 160GB - Backup

DVD-ROM

DVD-Writer

OTES RAMflow: This is above my memory, as it gets pretty warm with it being Ballistixs, got them from an Abit motherboard.

Those Plastic exhaust pipes only come on some cases, I believe it sits above the CPU to help airflow?

Those Plastic exhaust pipes only come on some cases, I believe it sits above the CPU to help airflow?

Yes, it´s an intake aimed at the cpu fan, it´s not an exhaust pipe :P. and indeed it keep your CPU a bit cooler, I use them too in my cheap a** 40US$ cases :).

• 2 weeks later...

I used to use an intake pipe on mine too, although it was a little more ghetto (old peanut can :w00t: ). A while ago I got fed up with the noise and ripped everything out, mounted it on a board and stuck it up on a beam in the basement. I converted my DVDRW to a USB unit and routed all my cables through the floor. Now it's in the cool basement and I hear nothing but silence. :thumbup

Edited by Grope For Luna

I used to use an intake pipe on mine too, although it was a little more ghetto (old peanut can :w00t: ). A while ago I got fed up with the noise and ripped everything out, mounted it on a board and stuck it up on a beam in the basement. I converted my DVDRW to a USB unit and routed all my cables through the floor. Now it's in the cool basement and I hear nothing but silence. :thumbup

I like that.. It's seriously more weird than I am.. :blink:

No, I like taxying down the runway in my 747. Maybe I can watch the inflight movie. If I could hear it. I always wanted to watch movies on a little screen and in an uncomfortable office chair. Must get VISTA with the built in Media Center. :no:

------

Maybe I should get one of these?

The blueprint showed a central PowerPC that was complemented by 1024 (that is one thousand and twenty four) 8-bit "processing elements" on a single and - according to IBM - low-cost die.

Rapport is already offering the Kilocore256, which comes with 256 processing elements and provides a performance of "25 GB operations/second at well under a single watt of power," IBM said. The firm claims that the Kilocores "feature the most advanced, dynamic architecture available today in working silicon"

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/04/04/ibm_rapport_kilocore/

----

puntoMX

it´s an intake aimed at the cpu fan, it´s not an exhaust pipe

You're right, if the fan is blowing on the CPU, then it's a sucker, and not a blower. :whistle:

Edited by Press any key

Maybe I should get one of these?

The blueprint showed a central PowerPC that was complemented by 1024 (that is one thousand and twenty four) 8-bit "processing elements" on a single and - according to IBM - low-cost die.

Rapport is already offering the Kilocore256, which comes with 256 processing elements and provides a performance of "25 GB operations/second at well under a single watt of power," IBM said. The firm claims that the Kilocores "feature the most advanced, dynamic architecture available today in working silicon"

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/04/04/ibm_rapport_kilocore/

Yes, buy one of those and throw your money away on something you will never use ;):P. IBM introduced those CPUs on the Cbit I think. Are you going to write your own OS like for the XBox360 again? :thumbup It will NOT run windows like you use it on your small rig.

Edited by puntoMX

Hey all heres the specs and a pic of my "toy"

2X 2.4 Gig Xeon (533 fsb, 512k cache, HT Enabled)

ASUS PC-DL Deluxe Motherboard

1 GB Giel DDR400 Ram

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro w/ ATI Silencer 1

1x WD Raptor (36gb)

2x Seagate Barracuda (160gb)

BenQ DVD Burner

NEC DVD Reader

520W Vantec Stealth PSU

6x 80mm Vantec Thermoflow Fans

Lian-Li PC-73SL Case

post-43683-1144942659_thumb.jpg

very nice pics guys, i really need to get some updated ones up of my case

fatalwoomera-ur scaring me, what psu is that? plz dont tell me that it came with the case and that ur running sli with it?...

I got the last of my parts in the other day so my box is complete after 4 months of saving money to order here and there. Last of the parts were the ram, cathodes, and sata adapters for my old ata drives. Removed the 80gig drive and added the audigy gamer from my old computer. Also gave the logitech mx1000 to my wife, i never could get used to it. Put my dvdrw in external enclosure to use on different computers. This computer should last me a few years till i build a new one for vista after it's been out a while :D Final pictures sorry about the crap quality, my nikon 2200 isnt up to par anymore:

dscn43233kz.th.jpgdscn43107qi.th.jpgdscn43114yj.th.jpg

dscn43122zq.th.jpgdscn43135bb.th.jpgdscn43147fj.th.jpg

dscn43157gq.th.jpgdscn43166ax.th.jpgdscn43178cc.th.jpg

Specs:

Antec Super LANBoy

ThermalTake 430W PSU

Abit Fatal1ty AN8

OEM Athlon64 3400+ 2.2GHZ @ 2.5GHZ CPU-Z Validation

ThermalTake CL-P0200 939 Silent Copper Heatpipe

OCZ EL Platinum 2x1024MB @ 232Mhz 2.5-3-2-5

EVGA Geforce 6800 GS CO SE 256mb PCI-E x16 @ 475/1100

Seagate 250GB SATA150