Post Pictures and Specifications of your computer here!

ripken204

:hello:

(is it a bad thing if i have more USB outlets than AC outlets in my house?)
No, that's perfectly normal.

"looks like a remote to me is the 4port usb hub in the changejar" Yes, that's the 'remote'.

Canned air, now that is more fitting. I had to blow out one of our computers today using our 80 gallon tank of canned air. Next time I do that, I am going to take a picture of the geyser of dust that blooms out of it. I won't take a picture of my workspace though. :P

Oh, nice desktop by the way.

DL

ok this is off topic but you mentioned an airtank and ive been looking for one i can fill off off a standard air compressor and use on PCs but I know ill need something that removes the moisture and regulates the pressure and such or id prolly do more damage than good. what kind of setup are you using?

ok this is off topic but you mentioned an airtank and ive been looking for one i can fill off off a standard air compressor and use on PCs but I know ill need something that removes the moisture and regulates the pressure and such or id prolly do more damage than good. what kind of setup are you using?

Hmm. As some have figured out and some have read with my posts, I'm not a computer geek or anything remotely like one. My 'canned air' is a 7 horsepower, 3 phase, 240 volt, 80 gallon tank pressurizing to 180 to 200 psi and regulated to 110 psi on the outlet. My location is exceptionally dry indoors even though the local humidity is average to high. For whatever reason, I get little to no moisture exiting the tank, ever. When blowing out the inside of a tower I just make sure of two things. 1) I don't blow 'into' a drive, be it HDD or optical. I blow across them, creating a slight vacuum to drag the dust off and avoiding any potential moisture (that never happens). 2) I put my finger on any fan to stop it spinning as I blow it off. It makes a very cool sound as it spins up on the air pressure but I'm sure it exceeds the 36,000 rpm design limit they have on the fans. You can get a small 5 gallon air tank with a pressure gauge for $20-30 that you can fill from another pressure tank (at a gas station for your tires(Pay attention to the design limit of your smaller tank) and run a short air hose off it to blow out your PCs. There are moisture filters that you can buy for $15-20 if you want.

DL

Website

Same site

Again

Again :P

Again Just leave out the lubricant.

Again

This stuff is off topic and if you want to geek, you could just cut these posts out and put them in 'General' in a new thread if you want. Or just delete them.

Edited by DL

:sneaky: i think my dads air compressor can top that, but meh...i don't know who makes it >.<

oh, what's with the RAM by the window next to the compressed air, geek? no ant-static bags for it?

nah its dead ram. it was in a friend of mines pc when it was hit by a pretty good surge that burn almost everything in the system. he wanted me to test it in an old board to see if it was any good. it was not. which means the only thing inside the case that survived was the DVD burner. :}

*drumroll*

I picked up a few additions to my workspace this week.... I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

2008-03-06-Desk_setup_thumb.jpg

The cabling is a work in progress (I just got this finished, and it's almost time for bed), but everything else fits VERY nicely. :)

Workstation

Antec 900 Case

Corsair HX520 PSU

ASUS P5B Deluxe

Intel Q6600 w/ Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme

4GB (2x2GB) OCZ DDR2-800 4-4-4-12

2x WD3200AAKS (RAID0) on ICH8R

Pioneer DVR-212D

Creative ExtremeGamer X-Fi

EVGA 8800GT 512MB /w Accelero S1 - connected to Acer X243w LCD

EVGA 8600GT 256MB (stock cooling) - connected to 2x Acer AL2016W LCD

Logitech G15

Logitech MX518

Server

CoolerMaster CM Stacker 810

Corsair HX620 PSU

ASUS P5B Deluxe

Intel E2160 (lapped) w/ Scythe Ninja Rev. B

4GB (4x1GB) OCZ Gold DDR2-800 5-5-5-15

3ware 9650SE-8LPML

2x WD2500KS (RAID1) on ICH8R

6x WD5000AAKS (RAID5) on 3ware

2x WD10EACS (RAID1) on 3ware

2x Pioneer DVR-212D

EVGA 7200GS

Perifreals

Linksys WRT54GL w/ Tomato 1.17 firmware

D-Link DGS-1005D Gigabit Switch

Samsung ML-1740 Laser Printer

The Antec 900 is a pretty good case. It gets a little cramped in there if you have a lot of equipment, but has great airflow and is built very solid.

The case is completely screwed together - no locking clips or tabs here. It's a tradeoff between a really solid feel to the case and ease of installation. Since I don't bother with changing the configuration of my system too much, it's been a good setup for me.

I'll try to take some pictures soon... I need to get the Accelero S2 for my 8600GT, which has found it's way into my system again... for that matter, I might as well provide an updated parts list - see the above post. :)

• 1 month later...

Some people are going to hate me... :unsure:

post-1828-1208066695_thumb.jpgpost-1828-1208066709_thumb.jpgpost-1828-1208066720_thumb.jpg

Laptop

MacBook Pro

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB (2x2GB) OCZ PC2-5400 RAM

GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB connected to Acer AL2016W LCD

160 GB Fujitsu MHW2160BHPL HDD

Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000

Logitech M-RBB93 Bluetooth Mouse

Maxtor OneTouch III 300 GB External Drive

Server

Antec Minuet 300 Case

Intel D201GLY Mini-ITX Motherboard w/ Celeron @ 1.2 GHz

SiS Onboard Video Card (Not used)

1 GB Kingston ValueRAM PC2-4200 RAM

40 GB Western Digital WD400BB HDD

Pioneer DVR-112D DVD Burner

250 GB Seagate External HDD (Don't remember model)

Peripherals (that's how you spell it, Zxian ;) )

Linksys WRT54GL w/ Tomato 1.17 Firmware

Crappy Speedstream 5200 DSL Modem

D-Link DPH-50U Skype Bridge

Sennheiser HD 477 Headphones (Partially in picture)

HP Deskjet F4135 AIO Printer (Partially in picture)

:whistle: wish i had a MBP...i like the interface, but hate the incompatibility with what i do.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g142/bon...er/IMG_2423.jpg

^for now..about a week. next up is when my AC Accelero S1 arrives. yeah, its a 9600GT. i like it, and it beats my FX5200 by leaps and bounds.

there's still work to be done though. as always.

don't you feel a little nervous with your tower on the edge of the desk maleko? my only question is what the cables look like behind it if its pushed that far back to the wall.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g142/bon...er/IMG_2423.jpg

^for now..about a week. next up is when my AC Accelero S1 arrives. yeah, its a 9600GT. i like it, and it beats my FX5200 by leaps and bounds.

there's still work to be done though. as always.

Are those paper clips holding your heatsink together? :blink:

Nice job with the tie wraps! :P