[Release] Live Messenger 8.5 final

Shark007

• 2 weeks later...

Shark, if i want to make an italian unattended installation of live msn, when you say "Place your patched files into the extracted package overwriting the existing files" ok easy but can i replace these files in italian language on your installation?
perhaps the shortcut thing depends on the language of Windows.. cos they are really not created here. With the 7zS.sfx I use in the attached file of my previous post it creates the shortcut independently of the language... only set it to create the startmenu shortcut.
Shark, if i want to make an italian unattended installation of live msn, when you say "Place your patched files into the extracted package overwriting the existing files" ok easy but can i replace these files in italian language on your installation?
This installer was designed using the ENGLISH version. I doubt it supports other languages since there is a different download available for each language.

shark

Can we beg for multilingual versions?

I'll supply requried files for turkish if u wanti

Can we beg for multilingual versions? I'll supply requried files for turkish if u wanti
I have no idea if what i am about to suggest will work, but it is worth a try for non english users. 1st of all, the files MUST have the same filename as the files already in my installer. Next, replace ALL the files in the installer with your localized versions. Repack it, and try it.

shark

:hello: I always use the Dutch (NL) version of the Messenger. Sharks patchable installer works perfectly with it :D I ONLY replaced the files patched by A-PATCH! So I am pretty sure the only language-dependent file(s) is one of those.

and with the 7z sfx I attached previously it works just fine.

Thanks Shark007! :thumbup

Edited by ZileXa

:hello: I always use the Dutch (NL) version of the Messenger. Sharks patchable installer works perfectly with it :D I ONLY replaced the files patched by A-PATCH! So I am pretty sure the only language-dependent file(s) is one of those.

I have a own SFX-installer. It always works (7.5 and lower) but now with WML things are changed? I have 2 patched files msnmsgr.exe and msnmsgr.dll and run the msnmsgr.msi with the /QN switch. After this all i click at messenger and get a error. "Cant find msncore.dll". Copy that file over wont fix the problem.

I know you did it with a 7z installer, but i am really curious why my way doesnt work anymore? Do i need to install the "wllogin.msi" too?

I have a own SFX-installer. It always works (7.5 and lower) but now with WML things are changed? I have 2 patched files msnmsgr.exe and msnmsgr.dll and run the msnmsgr.msi with the /QN switch. After this all i click at messenger and get a error. "Cant find msncore.dll". Copy that file over wont fix the problem.

I know you did it with a 7z installer, but i am really curious why my way doesnt work anymore? Do i need to install the "wllogin.msi" too?

I have give shark way a try. I really dont understand it at all. First, in the small downloadpackage there is talking about replacing files. The 7z file is empty. Maybe Shark is talking about the other bigger package. CHanging it with winrar isnt possible, so i choose to extract. The messlive.msi must be overwritten to get a dutch version i understand from ZileXa post. But the messlive.msi is 500 KB and the dutch msnmsgr.msi is 1500 KB? I thought i only need to rename the file but the size of it let me make unsure that i am on the right way.

So Zilexa, please enlighten me....

HOW-TO create your own NON-English Live Messenger Installer, patched.

1. First download & install the Messenger of YOUR language (NON-English). Make sure it is the same version as Shark007's installer.
  2. Apply A-Patch, COPY the patched files (you'll recognize them because there are .BAK backup files of them.)
  3. Download Shark007's pack.
    Just follow his instructions:
    - extract his messlive.exe file to a Folder.
    - now PASTE the patched files to the correct location in this Folder (Folder\Program Files\MSN Messenger)
  4. For this SFX you don't need the file MSISTUB.exe so delete this file.
    --> Select all files and folders in Folder and create a 7z compact archive.
  5. Download CreateSFX.7z. and extract it to Folder.
  6. Modify config.txt to your needs*.
    Then run CreateInstaller.cmd. Your own MessLive.exe will be created !
    (optional) modify the icon using Reshacker (do this before upx)
    (optional) then run CompressInstaller.cmd to UPX compress the 7z.sfx in your created installer (saves 50 KB or so..).

*Open the config.txt file. It is set to:

when the created installer is double-clicked, you'll see a small window with containing the text that I wrote under Beginprompt and a Yes and No button. When Yes is pressed, RunProgram will run. With the -gm2 -ai switch this installer will run completely silent (it will run the command under Autoinstall) without progressbar or any other window. This is identical to the Windows Live Messenger - AdFree version One-Click installer I created (Dutch).

You can change the config.txt to make a completely silent (switchless) installer without the prompt:

Remove the Beginprompt and AutoInstall completely and set Guimode to "2". change the command under Runprogram to /QN. That's all. You can modify or Delete Helptext.

Edited by ZileXa

Do someone know the best way to kill msnmsgr.exe if it is running at the moment (i know, this isnt possible when doing clean fresh install but i use this too for my friends which want a clean WLM and dont know how do to a patch or cant read/write english...)

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you Shark007

BTW there is nothing wrong with the auto-login, it works fine for me

You're welcome, and thankyou for your input. I was pulling hair out over the auto login. Your post made me look for a simple solution, and here it is:

Under Tools/Options/General you need to manually tick the box for:

Allow automatic sign in when connected to the internet

shark